Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hammer1969

Rye House V Somerset 23/8/2017

Few things on last night. KK I have no idea why he performed so badly with Poole but having seen a lot of him in his time at Lakeside he hardly seemed the most animated team player around, his average didn't approach what it should have been either but lets not get too excited about last night. That Somerset team has a poor a 1-7 than you could wish to see. Had he got less than a maximum against those riders (Lawson apart) he would have been slated.

One thing very apparent was his attitude in and around the pits, he was first out along with Barker to congratulate team mates and seemed as happy as i have ever seen, maybe its the new surroundings and things going well for him personally. I thought it was a poor move bringing him in but i eat humble pie so far.

Favourites for the playoffs? No way. Rosco would be mad to pick anyone one else other than Rye given the way they have hammered us at every opportunity.

As for the size of crowd it was nowhere near the first couple of meetings and i heard quite a few people talking about picking and choosing which meetings they will attend in the coming 10 days, obviously most will plump for the Poole match with the reduced admission but the Kings Lynn meeting could well suffer.

Swindon will find out when they visit Rye on Sep 1st, if we hammer them again then they are likely to be their semi pick. If they beat Swindon then BV might be a better choice.

It's a modern speedway disease. Run next to no meetings in the middle of the season, then cram everything in at the end. Hardly a good business model is it.

• Like 1

Few things on last night. KK I have no idea why he performed so badly with Poole but having seen a lot of him in his time at Lakeside he hardly seemed the most animated team player around, his average didn't approach what it should have been either but lets not get too excited about last night. That Somerset team has a poor a 1-7 than you could wish to see. Had he got less than a maximum against those riders (Lawson apart) he would have been slated.

One thing very apparent was his attitude in and around the pits, he was first out along with Barker to congratulate team mates and seemed as happy as i have ever seen, maybe its the new surroundings and things going well for him personally. I thought it was a poor move bringing him in but i eat humble pie so far.

Favourites for the playoffs? No way. Rosco would be mad to pick anyone one else other than Rye given the way they have hammered us at every opportunity.

As for the size of crowd it was nowhere near the first couple of meetings and i heard quite a few people talking about picking and choosing which meetings they will attend in the coming 10 days, obviously most will plump for the Poole match with the reduced admission but the Kings Lynn meeting could well suffer.

I'd say more people will avoid Poole. It's on TV and the admission isn't reduced by that much. People wouldn't have to pick and choose had we had consistent home meetings earlier in the season mind.

• Like 1

It depends what sort of team lynn put out. If they are decimated I will probably give it a miss.

Enjoyed last night more than last week, the racing was a bit better despite the score.

They really need to do something about the inside line though, if it was ripped up a bit it would improve the racing immensely.

I thought the inside line seemed to ride quite well last night - seemed to suit Ben M in his last ride

It's a modern speedway disease. Run next to no meetings in the middle of the season, then cram everything in at the end. Hardly a good business model is it.

What other option do they have..

What other option do they have..

Run meetings in the middle of the season ffs!

• Like 6

Time will tell against Swindon, but the Rye House side with KK instead of Luke Priest and also allowing Robbo to drop to reserve is a vastly different team than the one a few weeks ago