British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I agree with you about King, but struggle to think where he could go that is a smaller club than KL?

Somerset!! Who ever gets promoted!

Somerset!! Who ever gets promoted!

Haven't you worked out yet that promotion/ relegation ain't happening? But for the sake of argument Sheffield or Ipswich much bigger

Haven't you worked out yet that promotion/ relegation ain't happening? But for the sake of argument Sheffield or Ipswich much bigger

I get that. I agree that 2 teams will come up and make a 10 team top league and I think they will increase points limit or stay at 42. They aren't going to to go less

Lynn will go down - to the league where they naturally fit.

Town is not big enough to support top flight --- never was, never will be.

Miracle there were so many years in division one.

I'm not alone in thinking this-- past promoters have said so.

It was good while it lasted, but the party is over

• Like 1

The dates for the promotion/relegation play offs are 9th and 11th October - according to BSPA fixture list!!

Dose it matter which league we ride in as long as we got a club some of the crowd have been bigger then normal and also since the aussie have gone the racing is better alot better so why dose it matter if we drop down alot of lynn fan i seen are not happy about things and support club member well dont come to speedway or go else where and why should it be that riders think they are bigger then the club .

2018:

Palm Toft & Jorgensen signed & full assets.

R.Lambert to go out on loan.

Iversen to return.

Huckenbeck & Porsing to be released.

J.Chapman returns part time to do some actual promoting.

1. Iversen 9.04

2. Toft 6.33

3. Jorgensen 5.86

4. Kerr 5.17

5. King 6.59

6. Auty 4.90

7. ??? 4.11

I'm sure Iversen would be racing in the UK this season but the Polish rule prevents him. It's a huge problem for the Danes - Swedes and Poles themselves aren't badly affected by it.

Lynn will go down - to the league where they naturally fit.

Town is not big enough to support top flight --- never was, never will be.

Miracle there were so many years in division one.

I'm not alone in thinking this-- past promoters have said so.

It was good while it lasted, but the party is over

I read some rubbish on this forum but your comment compares with the best of those. Kings Lynn is ideally located to run a good speedway team in the top league. With no nearby competition, it has the catchment area to attract as many fans as any other club. Its not the location that's the problem, not the size of the town, its the quality of the team. If we had a team capable of winning the league and forward thinking promotor, the fans would support the team to the hilt...

I can remember when crowd were in the thousands, and that was when the town was actually smaller than it is today........ You talk such rubbish......

• Like 4

1??????.2.Kerr 3.??????.4.Jorgensen 5.R. Lambert 6.Auty 7.Rose

So thing like that maybe.

Fairly sure NKI - and other riders - will seriously consider giving Sweden a miss especially after not getting paid again!!!

Then its just a question of which Premiership club will sign him?! ;-)

Fairly sure NKI - and other riders - will seriously consider giving Sweden a miss especially after not getting paid again!!!

Then its just a question of which Premiership club will sign him?! ;-)

Could see a few Danish riders coming to the UK. A lot of them own houses and live here and get on well with each other. Killer wanted to come, NKI wanted to come. Shows that England still offers something to Danish riders.

• Like 1

1??????.2.Kerr 3.??????.4.Jorgensen 5.R. Lambert 6.Auty 7.Rose

So thing like that maybe.

1. Guest

3. Rider replacement

• Like 2

I read some rubbish on this forum but your comment compares with the best of those. Kings Lynn is ideally located to run a good speedway team in the top league. With no nearby competition, it has the catchment area to attract as many fans as any other club. Its not the location that's the problem, not the size of the town, its the quality of the team. If we had a team capable of winning the league and forward thinking promotor, the fans would support the team to the hilt...

I can remember when crowd were in the thousands, and that was when the town was actually smaller than it is today........ You talk such rubbish......

I think most teams fans can remember when their crowds were in the thousands.Theres so much for people to do now,speedway isn't the only thing to go to anymore.Don't forget when we did have thousands attend,we weren't exactly a team who was ever going to win the league neither,only maybe on the odd occasion.

So many folk on here are admitting that they have liked speedway for donkeys years, have no longer got their home town team to support, live miles from a speedway, can't get to a club, only watch on TV ... and moan like hell about the sport.

There's a lady comes to Lynn, she used to go to Norwich Speedway, has been to Lynn from the start, is over 80,I don't know anyone who shouts for her team as much as she does, speedway keeps her going, let's her forget her age, her aches and pains, the loss of her husband... if only you all had a little of what she runs on 😂

• Like 2

Interesting article from Rob Lambert in today's SS. Will Buster change thinks at Kings Lynn? Or will Rob move on. I sincerely hope things change and he is a Stars rider again next season.