British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I read some rubbish on this forum but your comment compares with the best of those. Kings Lynn is ideally located to run a good speedway team in the top league. With no nearby competition, it has the catchment area to attract as many fans as any other club. Its not the location that's the problem, not the size of the town, its the quality of the team. If we had a team capable of winning the league and forward thinking promotor, the fans would support the team to the hilt...

I can remember when crowd were in the thousands, and that was when the town was actually smaller than it is today........ You talk such rubbish......

I too can remember when the crowd was in the many thousands but those times have gone forever.

Lynn have punched above their weight for many years but it's time to face facts. Lynn is a small town in rural East Anglia, which has competition on its doorstep from both Peterborough/Ipswich-depending on where you live.

It would be interesting to see the age demographics of Speedway fans.

The Sport, as a Sport is one of the most exciting that there is. Sadly the marketing of it in general is cack. Other Sports have had a good hard look at themselves and made themselves appealing to new generation of Supporters, yet Speedway still turns up the same old stale format year after year.

People from the outside see Speedway as a joke. Something that cannot be taken seriously. They aint wrong.

• Like 1

Interesting article from Rob Lambert in today's SS. Will Buster change thinks at Kings Lynn? Or will Rob move on. I sincerely hope things change and he is a Stars rider again next season.

just read the article - unless we get a new hands on promoter or promotion I can't see things changing in fact Robert speaking out may almost have signed his way out of the club after all it's Busters way or the highway as others that have gone against him has found out .
  • Like 1

For Robert's future he needs to get away from King's Lynn Speedway regardless imo

• Like 2

Ive thought for a while Lambert would move on next season, it could be only riders threatened of being left out when teams are completing their line ups would ride for Chapman. Last port in a storm and all that. I hope the club gets sorted along with the track Lynn was always one of my favourite away days. Not been for a few seasons now though.

It would be interesting to see the age demographics of Speedway fans.

The Sport, as a Sport is one of the most exciting that there is. Sadly the marketing of it in general is cack. Other Sports have had a good hard look at themselves and made themselves appealing to new generation of Supporters, yet Speedway still turns up the same old stale format year after year.

People from the outside see Speedway as a joke. Something that cannot be taken seriously. They aint wrong.

I agree except for I genuinely believe that people outside of speedway do not laugh at it because they no longer see it. It vanished from public view around the turn of the century.

I want to Shout it Out LOUD - please Robert, stay and ride for at least one more season for the Stars IF Buster is going to change things so that lost fans revive their interest. Robert Lambert is the best thing to happen to KLS for ten years.

What has Robert said please? I'm another that hopes he stays, nobody in their right mind would want him to be lost to the club.

The 2nd half of the season has been awful for everyone, I sincerely hope there are enough good people out there wanting to get involved with the club, strength in depth is needed imo, we never want anything like that Thursday happening again along with the subsequent consequences.

Edited by Trees

Cant see how KL can put a competitive team together next season.

Need to go Championship now.

Why.I'm sure Buster isn't skint.I'm sure he can,but if he wants to is a different matter.

Why.I'm sure Buster isn't skint.I'm sure he can,but if he wants to is a different matter.

I'm sure he's not skint but he soon will be if he pays out more than he takes in.

Come to Poole Robert.

Correct me if i'm wrong.But didn't you say Lambo was over rated?

Interesting article from Rob Lambert in today's SS. Will Buster change thinks at Kings Lynn? Or will Rob move on. I sincerely hope things change and he is a Stars rider again next season.

Any info on the article ?

Buster is far from skint. The stock car is the golden goose of the moment and his other careful property investments have worked out well. His passion for speedway, once legendary, has oozed away I suspect and as a business the speedway side of things must be hardly viable. Without a continued major sponsor I reckon that running speedway ( at any level ) at all in KL is as wobbly as at some other UK places.

Buster is far from skint. The stock car is the golden goose of the moment and his other careful property investments have worked out well. His passion for speedway, once legendary, has oozed away I suspect and as a business the speedway side of things must be hardly viable. Without a continued major sponsor I reckon that running speedway ( at any level ) at all in KL is as wobbly as at some other UK places.

I can't see Trucks R us continuing with there sponsorship they must feel so let down by the club on and off the track I also can't see Roger Warnes Transport returning after how they've been s##t on by the club - that leaves MRC and Poultec- but would either of them want to have name associated with the shambles that's gone on at Lynn this season .

People if Robert did go i am sure there would be life after that at the club .

• Like 2