British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

IVERSEN'S big announcement is that he has signed for Torun in Poland. Will that rule him out of UK?

Lynn may struggle to attract a big name rider if holder, batchelor and Doyle have anything to do with it.

Iversen joining Holder Doyle Przedpelski and Holta in Torun - not a bad start!!! I wonder how many of them will feature in the SGBP next season?

They can't follow suit.Not enough fans to pay much more than half of the teams wages without sponsors is the problem.Better for teams to cut costs(riders wage bill) than to go all guns blazing and go bust.

Couldnt agree more. As I said "need to do so in a manner that is affordable to their club"
  • Like 1

So most of the forum want to fill their teams with top class heat leaders on thousands of pounds a season and at the same time reduce the admission to about ÂŁ10 to ÂŁ12 Somehow I don't think this will work out.

• Like 1

So most of the forum want to fill their teams with top class heat leaders on thousands of pounds a season and at the same time reduce the admission to about ÂŁ10 to ÂŁ12 Somehow I don't think this will work out.

"Most of the forum"... interesting. I don't think a single person has proposed such a thing.

• Like 1

Exactly. There is a clear split between those who want to see top riders and potentially less meetings. Then those who would rather see a lower standard of rider at a cheaper price and more meetings.

Id note that despite people complaining about the standard of top tier in uk, crowds are still better than the cheaper cl and nl though appreciate that part of that is related to club following rather than the quality of rider.

The only way it would be viable to drop pricing AND attract riders would be a good sponsorship deal and a 2-3 times increase in crowds. Which I actually think could be achievable if someone with vision and money to invest cane along.

• Like 1

IVERSEN'S big announcement is that he has signed for Torun in Poland. Will that rule him out of UK?

Yep. If Ekstraliga teams continue insist that any rider contracted to them are only allowed in one other league that is not their domestic league, unless NKI gives up the Swedish Elitserien.

I'd like to think they have relaxed their 3 league rule as Buster was confident they were going to but they're being more strict with other aspects so...... watch this space

I'd say that's a pretty good hint he'll be back

lets hope so

As good as Iversen has been for the Stars in seasons gone by, he isn't the rider he was. And unless the track gets better he won't get the big points everyone expects.

As good as Iversen has been for the Stars in seasons gone by, he isn't the rider he was. And unless the track gets better he won't get the big points everyone expects.

he won’t do no worse than what we started the 2017 season with at no1 or what we ended the season with without a no 1.