British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I don't know what all the fuss about the 8 point rule. It not as if that will be the biggest issue of the coming season. I have always thought the way the averages work is as dated and manipulative as it can get. How riders, who haven't raced here last year, can retain the old CMA is ridiculous. When our format changes each year the riders degree of difficulty varied each season..... Now its far easier for HL to score their points than it was when they rode against other HL more often.

For someone who is a SGP rider should be graded as such. In fact grading riders would be a far fairer way in achieving equality in teams, then the 8 point rule would be irrelevant.

The Danish system of grading riders A-B-C is better. Grade riders annually before AGM. Very easy then to set teams by how many A-B or C riders. You can have 1x A 4x B and 2x C or 2xA 3xB 2xC or 3xA 1xB 3xC as examples.

• Like 2

I'm sure MPT has rode in the Danish League for Esbjerg this last few seasons with him moving to Holsted in 2018. If the Danes use squads then this might help fixture clashes between the British & Danish Leagues now the PL is going fixed nights on Mondays & Wednesdays.

Not sure if TJ has signed for a Danish club.

TJ has signed for Region Varde

Grading systems are ridiculous.

It would guarantee a more lopsided league than ever before.

A switched on management team would still use a riders average for picking them.

You'd also need an average system to fit riders into those categories.

From your grading system put a team together and then explain how and why you come to the conclusion it would be a league winning team?!?

If there was a grading system, there would be no need for riders averages. Riders would be graded by opinions of the representative committee. based on their performances.

I have no conclusion as to what would be a league winning team. all I know is that in a league of eight team there would be one winner, decided the same way as the other 7 places.

What it would do is illuminate teams bringing in top SGP riders for the season's climax, masquerading around on a 7 average, on the pretence that was their apparent average, years back....

Piotr pawlicki (wishful thinking)

Lambert

Jorgensen

Toft

Rose

Kerr

Thj

If there is enough spare I'd have king for Kerr rose or toft

Top rider replaceable until we find 1 that wants to ride for us!

What is this thing with THJ?

He's a bag of bent rusty nails

• Like 1

He has energy and character! Would be the best number 7 in the league! Exciting too

The Duracell Bunny has energy and character but I wouldnt include it in my chosen speedway 1-7 😜

Piotr pawlicki (wishful thinking)

Lambert

Jorgensen

Toft

Rose

Kerr

Thj

If there is enough spare I'd have king for Kerr rose or toft

Top rider replaceable until we find 1 that wants to ride for us!

If you had a 2.5 rider at 7.James Sargent? it would free up another 2 points.So a 7.5 ish rider instread of Rose or Kerr.And you would always have one good reserve.Just a thought

Any news on the new Co Promoter ? Id have thought Robin Brundle would have been announced by now if he is that is coming on board . Or maybe he or Buster decided against it in the end .

Confirmed, Brundle.

• Like 1

Any news on the new Co Promoter ? Id have thought Robin Brundle would have been announced by now if he is that is coming on board . Or maybe he or Buster decided against it in the end .

Why would it be announced to supporters? What's it got to do with them? ;)

• Like 1

What is this thing with THJ?

He's a bag of bent rusty nails

Very like Roman Kanowski or even Thierry Hilare.

Just seen this on robin brundles linked in page so he is involved in some sort of capacity at the speedway as a commercial manager or co promoter

Follow Follow Robin Brundle

Managing Director and Executive Officer

1 article

Would you like to join me in sponsoring a UK Premier league Speedway team?

Team naming rights for £40k through to just £1k for general sponsorship.

Probably the most exciting form of motorsport in the world - come and enjoy the sponsorship experience.

Just seen this on robin brundles linked in page so he is involved in some sort of capacity at the speedway as a commercial manager or co promoter

1 article

Probably the most exciting form of motorsport in the world - come and enjoy the sponsorship experience.

as per normal we find more information from other media outlets than our own club absolute disgrace how the club treats its fans . Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

1 article

The club are clearly looking for a new main team sponsor according to Robins post. I wonder why Trucks R us are not renewing? Could Roger Warnes Transport take the opportunity up once again?