British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

While I acknowledge that the club's PR is terrible I don't have an issue with a larger announcement in January. So far only around a quarter of EL team spots have been filled and three teams haven't named any riders at all so we are hardly alone.

The press release suggests there are going to be big changes at the club and if that is the case rather than hot air you can see why they want to announce everything in one go and fill the bar at the AFA in the process. The Danny King thing is neither here nor there to be honest, it's no great surprise he's gone back to the club where he ride last year. I personally don't think he'd be a particularly good signing anyway.

And GRW you obviously aren't past caring or you wouldn't be posting.....

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 3

Old habits die hard..........

Where once I put the club before everything, (So the wife said :wink: ) now its the Sport I look too, taking in the bigger picture. But, neither fills me with much optimism

I for one am thinking why isnt Danny King in the team hed do a solid job in 3rd heatleader position not sure if its negative or not but why wouldnt we use our asset ? can only guess hes been offered a better deal elsewhere or hes not wanting to ride form a club where the no1 priority is to be a yes man. So good luck to him after the shambles of last season who can blame him not being at Lynn .

Why all of a sudden this interest in King.I'm sure i was told he became an asset of the club when Buster bought the assets from Mildenhall almost a decade ago.You haven't mentioned him in previous seasons.

I think that was his brother Jason who was then swapped with Christian Henry with Newcastle?

I think that was his brother Jason who was then swapped with Christian Henry with Newcastle?

Certainly wasnt Danny back then.

Ipswich - Birmingham - BSPA is his registration history

Certainly wasnt Danny back then.

Ipswich - Birmingham - BSPA is his registration history

I must have got my information wrong.But he most definitely rode for Mildenhall before 2008 and so seemed feasible that he could have been an asset of theirs when Buster took them on.

That was 2006 and I'm sure he was on loan from Ippo.

1.Iversen 9.00

2.Rose 5.25

3.Jorgensen 5.93

4.Toft 5.57

5.Lambert 7.38

6.Wilson-Dean 4.67

7.Auty 4.68

take Iversen out that line up thats an average looking Championship team but I guess thats were we are at with the Premiership and if there is no TV contract it could be even tighter- dont want to pour water on the fire but one thing I keep hearing is Lambert is a major doubt to ride in the UK next season. Edited by Haza

take Iversen out that line up thats an average looking Championship team but I guess thats were we are at with the Premiership and if there is no TV contract it could be even tighter- dont want to pour water on the fire but one thing I keep hearing is Lambert is a major doubt to ride in the UK next season.

Having read quite a lot about the tight financial restraints of the sport, Why do the BSPA keep persisting with this idea of a top league. Like you say take Iversen out of that side and it wouldn't win the Championship league. If the sole reason of the Premiership relates to only one rider per team, then I fail to see the sensibility of it all.

It appears the BSPA made decisions at the AGM based purely on the idea of providing riders with 2 incomes, at the expense of everything else...... Brilliant...

• Like 2

The only other reason for a long delay in releasing news - until 2018 may be that Buster's insider knowledge re TV fees could affect club funds. if there is a big increase in BT's offer. I can't see that myself but who knows ( certainly fans don't )...

Just read the latest news from the Website, http://kingslynnstars.co/news.php?extend.30559.1

What a pity this couldn't have been released much earlier, informing everybody what was going on.

We wait with anticipation...

Edited by GRW123

What's the significance of Pearson's involvement?

so much for the new broom keeping fans informed ? They really do think fans are idiots

Just read the latest news from the Website, http://kingslynnstars.co/news.php?extend.30559.1

What a pity this couldn't have been released much earlier, informing everybody what was going on.

We wait with anticipation...

what a load of nonsense that press release is really tells us nothing- but I suppose it’s better than nothing .
  • Like 1