British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

You've forgotten the important news within the forum announcement, that supporter numbers are restricted and you need to order a ticket via email .......

42 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I support King's Lynn keeping their team quiet until the new year. You want the publicity as near to the season as possible and drip feed it out - so it gives the Press something to write about.....

Seven riders announced all in one go = one media story

Seven riders announced one at a time = seven media stories.

The press will write about anything. The key is for the club to feed it weekly, whether it be signings or random thoughts from the riders, manager, sponsors, fans or promoters!!! Just keep getting the message out there!

• Like 1

I think the winter has shown that in terms of communication the club can't keep everybody happy.......people moaned when nothing was said for ages and now people are moaning because there have been several bits of communication about what is going to happen in January.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I wonder if you will hear any rider news before then ?

Absolutely we will you can count on that 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

The press will write about anything. The key is for the club to feed it weekly, whether it be signings or random thoughts from the riders, manager, sponsors, fans or promoters!!! Just keep getting the message out there!

I have quite often been pillared for voicing adverse comments about the lack of communication from the Promotions , and like you say its not difficult to publish information to generate interest within the club.    I have no problems that the rider announcement is delayed,  and yes, it was nice to have the press release about the forthcoming Fans Forum meeting.  But the fans needs more than that.   Drip feeding information does a wonderful job  keeping fans interested and up to date.   I'm sure, I'm not alone when I say I like reading about the Stars, their thoughts, their plans, their hopes and intentions.     Its not just about who's riding for us......   At times it feels like we are the enemy and everything is top secret...  Surely that cant be right...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the winter has shown that in terms of communication the club can't keep everybody happy.......people moaned when nothing was said for ages and now people are moaning because there have been several bits of communication about what is going to happen in January.

Yes, but the club’s announcements have been vague rather than reassuring. The fans are wondering if they’re going to have a title challenging team, one with a proper number one, one designed to keep continuity with assets or one made up to 38 points to cut costs. The club should be switched on to this.

• Sad 1

Fill in the gaps

2. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Lewis Kerr 5.06

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

Ave: 15.18

Remaining: 27.32

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Fill in the gaps

2. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Lewis Kerr 5.06

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

Surely you can do better Manzares!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, but the club’s announcements have been vague rather than reassuring. The fans are wondering if they’re going to have a title challenging team, one with a proper number one, one designed to keep continuity with assets or one made up to 38 points to cut costs. The club should be switched on to this.

I'm not convinced people take too much notice of that kind of stuff until names are released, I'm sure we've heard a lot of it before and it's not always come to pass. I do acknowledge however that a little more meat could have been put on the bones.

Personally I'm happy to be patient until names are revealed in January, although I appreciate others want to know everything yesterday which I've never quite understood.

Let's concentrate on Christmas then it's full steam ahead, patience is a virtue and all that :)

45 minutes ago, Trees said:

Let's concentrate on Christmas then it's full steam ahead, patience is a virtue and all that :)

As my dear old Mum used to say

Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can,

its often in a woman but seldom in a man.:P

think this thread read proves the point :D

• Like 1

The men need to get Christmas shopping, planning the Christmas meals, decorating the tree, writing the Christmas cards etc etc, as well as doing days at work, they wouldn't have time to be unduly concerned then haha .......... must be Pick on the Blokes Day haha

To busy digging the garden decorating the bedroom tiling the bathroom.  Changing tyres on the car 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Fill in the gaps

2. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Lewis Kerr 5.06

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

I’d not be so certain on Lewis Kerr logistics might prove to be one step too far if as I’m told Monday nights are race nights at KL subject to NKI signing .