British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

2 hours ago, Trees said:

The men need to get Christmas shopping, 

We'll be having no more of this type of swearing on the forum.............................Pleeeeease :):) 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

The men need to get Christmas shopping, planning the Christmas meals, decorating the tree, writing the Christmas cards etc etc, as well as doing days at work, they wouldn't have time to be unduly concerned then haha .......... must be Pick on the Blokes Day haha

I though Christmas was a good will to all men thing :blink::)

11 hours ago, Haza said:

I’d not be so certain on Lewis Kerr logistics might prove to be one step too far if as I’m told Monday nights are race nights at KL subject to NKI signing . 

That's an interesting comment.  That's the second occasion I heard that Monday could be the new race night,    both from sources miles apart...      But this was the first time it was mentioned in connection with Niels riding....

Thanks Haza, that one little rumour starts the mind ticking.    Never thought of Mondays before,  but getting Niels back would be a tremendous coup...  When thinking Wolves have had a monopoly over the years for Mondays,  and now having only 2 race nights , probably Mondays  could be good move.   

18 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Fill in the gaps

1. Jason Doyle / Freddie L or NKI

2. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Lewis Kerr 5.06

5. Robert lambert

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

Ave: 15.18

Remaining: 27.32

Best I can do adding to No1 No3 with possibly Auty somewhere.

9 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Best I can do adding to No1 No3 with possibly Auty somewhere.

I reckon you've started drinking already :wub:  

No no no to Auty, never going to improve and not reliable in the slightest even though he will have the odd good meeting and be entertaining.

Don't think Gino will ever be world champion but at least there is a chance he will get better. If he was number seven he looks better than anything else named or touted so far.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Trees said:

The men need to get Christmas shopping, planning the Christmas meals, decorating the tree, writing the Christmas cards etc etc, as well as doing days at work, they wouldn't have time to be unduly concerned then haha .......... must be Pick on the Blokes Day haha

Single, widowed or divorced men have to do all that  themselves, if they want a bit christmas nostalgia, especially those who don't have a family to spend Christmas Day  or Boxing Day with. Once KLS made it clear that they were doing it all after January - I fully accepted that and I am waiting patiently but having Bigged It Up my expectations of "undreamt of" are naturally high. Roll on 2018. Let's hop that Buster's Big Dream matches fan's expectations.

On 13/12/2017 at 11:27 AM, Aces51 said:

Clubs have been losing money and seem at be last to be realising that they have to live within their means if they are going to survive. They are reducing their costs but to suggest they could reduce admission to £10 shows how unrealistic some fans are. To survive and hopefully, make a profit, admission charges will have to stay as they are. Particularly, with the loss of the TV revenue.

The rider costs of a PL team is still going to be considerably more than that of a CL team. Many riders may operate in both leagues but a PL team has more of the better, more expensive riders because they are building to a significantly higher team building figure.

Manchester isn't one of the more affluent areas of the country and yet more fans pay £20 to sit in the Grandstand than £17 to stand on the south side. If admission costs and value for money we such an issue I would expect the reverse to be true.

Nothing seems to have worked to attract old and new fans to speedway a £10 admission could do just that surely it’s better to have more fans in the stadiums up and down the country maybe £10 is a but low but all I’m saying is why not try reducing admission my guess with increased numbers clubs would better off - look at KL last season cut cost dumping Holder and Batch replaced them with riders on lesser wage crowd fell away had they adjusted the admission price accordingly that may not have happened but they charged the same . I’m not saying cut the admission at the cost of clubs closing but let’s think outside the box a bit more that all I’m saying

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Single, widowed or divorced men have to do all that  themselves, if they want a bit christmas nostalgia, especially those who don't have a family to spend Christmas Day  or Boxing Day with. Once KLS made it clear that they were doing it all after January - I fully accepted that and I am waiting patiently but having Bigged It Up my expectations of "undreamt of" are naturally high. Roll on 2018. Let's hop that Buster's Big Dream matches fan's expectations.

Fair enough m8 .... Happy Christmas!!

The news from Robert Lambert is probably not what Stars fans wanted to hear just before Christmas. I wonder how far ahead Buster knew of this (if at all),  and whether it has thrown a spanner in team planning or not? I guess we shall just have to wait for Roberts statement in a couple of weeks, and all will be revealed.

If true it's terrible news for Star's fans - including me. But it does read as if it might not be Robert's choice. Could it have been the KLS promotional team's decision?

Good luck to the boy wherever his future takes him.  Big Year coming up for him to see if he can make that jump to compete with the big boys.  Maybe last years World Team Cup opened his eyes to how far he has to travel to reach his goal.

Will certainly be missed at Saddlebow. I wonder what effect it will  have on the crowds at KL.  For me, he was the main attraction. A real big steel shoe to fill in terms of entertainment. 

Over to you Buster. He has a big job after last season debacle and now losing his star attraction.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

If true it's terrible news for Star's fans - including me. But it does read as if it might not be Robert's choice. Could it have been the KLS promotional team's decision?

If the rumours are true that the club lost money last season and if there is no tv cash costs have got to be cut or admission has to go up sadly