British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

25th Jan fans forum is more or less a waste of time as Lambert seems to be on his way out of the club the 1-7 will be known well before the 25th jan .

Depends if the sweeping changes at the club are actually that, if there is plenty to be revealed on that front then I'd suggest it won't be a waste of time.

Funnily enough I had a conversation earlier today about how it might well be obvious by then who the last two riders are going to be, hopefully though they will be two nice surprises.

Anybody that is interested in riding for Kings Lynn please apply to 999 Norfolk 

Looks like being a battle of contracts between Zagar and Doyle for the number one jacket but will Thomas Jorgensen be second heat leader or can they convince someone else to join them ?

2018 looks like being a drawn out season for a few and certainly nothing new to attract more fans, but they are fine as things are ..... aren't they ?

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, g13webb said:

Probably in the past, the riders assumed there was plenty of money to be earnt from the sport,  and rightly or wrongly  asked for the world, when signing contracts to race .   But it has become obvious to us all that this behaviour couldn't continue.  There was always going to a day of reckoning, and now we at seeing effects of that.

I have worried for some time that the sport cannot survive on its present course., and that massive restraints have to be in place just for survival alone.    If that means the end of the top riders, then so be it.   I just hope that the majority of riders realise the dire situation the sport is in, and doctor their costs accordingly.   They must realise the acute balancing of the books is crucial if the sport is to survive.   

I hope riders like Lambert don't price himself out of reach,  in their belief of what they think their worth.   That would be a shame......

I first heard a whisper a week back, but didn't take too much notice.   I didn't want to believe it,  but it now appears to be true.     When thinking about the logistics of Lambert's situation ,  with him living locally,  and  only riding in the Sweden, and Polish 2nd division,  if he cant accommodate riding in the UK, then what chance do we have of appealing to anyone of quality.

Disappointed for sure, and I feel he is wrong to turn his back on his home track and fans.   He has a long way to go before he is anywhere near being a good No 1, so am surprised he's taken this decision to leave without conquering these shores.  

Probably I was right in what I wrote  back then ........  and yes its a REAL SHAME.......     He has so much more to learn.....

9 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Anybody that is interested in riding for Kings Lynn please apply to 999 Norfolk 

Looks like being a battle of contracts between Zagar and Doyle for the number one jacket but will Thomas Jorgensen be second heat leader or can they convince someone else to join them ?

2018 looks like being a drawn out season for a few and certainly nothing new to attract more fans, but they are fine as things are ..... aren't they ?

I’ve heard a young Dane Kasper Andersen is in the frame for a team place . I’ve never heard of him to be honest 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I first heard a whisper a week back, but didn't take too much notice.   I didn't want to believe it,  but it now appears to be true.     When thinking about the logistics of Lambert's situation ,  with him living locally,  and  only riding in the Sweden, and Polish 2nd division,  if he cant accommodate riding in the UK, then what chance do we have of appealing to anyone of quality.

Disappointed for sure, and I feel he is wrong to turn his back on his home track and fans.   He has a long way to go before he is anywhere near being a good No 1, so am surprised he's taken this decision to leave without conquering these shores.  

Probably I was right in what I wrote  back then ........  and yes its a REAL SHAME.......     He has so much more to learn.....

You really are a moron. I don’t understand what you have against Robert, any chance to slate him and you will. 

Clearly there is a lot of disappointment that it looks like Lambert won't be returning to the Stars team for 2018.

For me it's a good thing, barely any improvement in 2017.

Started to show signs of being way above his station and his behaviour on social media kissing Holder's butt wasn't great reading.

The way I see it is he's looking to join the Pirates but Chapman is sticking firm on not allowing anyone to speak to his asset.

This situation may be why Ford has said he's having a few problems with signing a particular rider.

2+2 and all that.

Lambert may be local, may be loved by the locals but for me he's I'll be happy to see him leave.

Superstar status without the Superstar delivery isn't doing him any favours, certainly won't be missed by me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, therefused said:

You really are a moron. I don’t understand what you have against Robert, any chance to slate him and you will. 

Why's he a moron, because of a differing opinion to the norm?!?!?

The only morons are ones that can't understand differing opinions and put themselves above all others.

GWR and I have rarely agreed on much but not found it necessary for stupid name calling :rolleyes:

Argue all day long if you don't agree but moron GWR isn't

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Started to show signs of being way above his station and his behaviour on social media kissing Holder's butt wasn't great reading.

The way I see it is he's looking to join the Pirates but Chapman is sticking firm on not allowing anyone to speak to his asset.

Having read some posts on the Poole thread it seems Ford is not allowing Holder out on loan and will only sell him. 

Putting both situations together getting 2+2 making half a dozen I'm hoping it means promoters are standing firm together and putting a stop to the tail wagging the dog.

please someone tell me I'm not dreaming :wink:

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I believe Robert now lives in Germany with his girlfriend 

Which probably puts a different complexion on things. 

As an aside if people start abusing others on here I'm afraid their argument is lost.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Which probably puts a different complexion on things. 

As an aside if people start abusing others on here I'm afraid their argument is lost.

Agree, there are some fickle posting on here

I've said this before Roberts a great rider but there is life after Robert Time to move on people .

So anyway back to the team maybe something like this 

1. ???
  2. Lewi Kerr
  3. Erik Riss ??? 
  4. Thomas Jorgensen 
  5. ??? 
  6. Tomas H Jonasson
  7. Lewis Rose 

A like Erik Riss a lot, he would be an excellent signing.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1