British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

One reason.....his four point something average. Which he would increase over a whole season and starting at reserve.

Got to disagree with you on that one.

He has shown on his form over here that he is a 4-5 point rider. Nothing more.

I believe he could average 5.5 - 6 if he starts at reserve and has an injury free season. Never going to be a heat leader or world beater any more but it's certainly not beyond him to be a half decent second string. We saw enough glimpses of that last year in between the many poor rides.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I believe he could average 5.5 - 6 if he starts at reserve and has an injury free season. Never going to be a heat leader or world beater any more but it's certainly not beyond him to be a half decent second string. We saw enough glimpses of that last year in between the many poor rides.

The big question is how much of the old TJH is left. Some noticed his his weight had gone up which also questions his real motivation.

His form in both SWE 1st & 2nd Div was not that great or when he rode Poland so it comes down to is he now a journeyman on the way down or can he hold his own in our weaker Prem in 2018. The cost of possibly flying the guy in and out 2 days per week with the SWE League on a Tuesday & UK on MON/WED & some Thur could be prohibitive for a guy who could be either a bit up on his current GSA/maybe stand still as he sure didn't do himself any favours last season, or even down as you just don't know which  way he is going, is a big risk for Chapman imo. Especially after last seasons problems what he doesnt need is an expensive liability/passenger with risks attached.

That's the big risk for me. If you had the TJH who rode for Poole some years ago would be a no brainer as they guy was one of the most exciting riders to see on track. Its hard to understand that a guy who was also riding in SGP has fallen so far, yet he has only just turned 29 end of Nov. He rode in 18 SGP's but that seems like an age ago.

45 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Didn't he ride some meetings at reserve this season and his average is still shocking?

Probably one of the most overrated riders around.

Not for Lynn he didn't, his meetings were at number five.

I don't think I'm overrating him, just saying that he should be capable of averaging what the likes of Bates, Ellis, Robson, Riss, Garrity, J Holder, Palm Toft, Barker and Sedgemen did last year. 

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not for Lynn he didn't, his meetings were at number five.

I don't think I'm overrating him, just saying that he should be capable of averaging what the likes of Bates, Ellis, Robson, Riss, Garrity, J Holder, Palm Toft, Barker and Sedgemen did last year. 

Apologies,  I thought he had dropped down. 

It's more other's over the years that have hyped him and I've never really seen anything to justify that hype. 

But you have a fair point that he SHOULD be more than capable of achieving that standard.

• Like 1

He promised much when he was younger and of course made it into the GP's but has never got anywhere near the level his potential suggested he might.  

21 hours ago, DWP said:

I believe Robert now lives in Germany with his girlfriend 

Thanks for the update of Roberts location.   Its puts a different  angle on it,  but  had he wanted to ride this wouldn't have stopped him. 

18 hours ago, Trees said:

If you have ordered Fans Forum tickets from the club, they are being sent out from Tuesday 19th onwards .....

I have no problem with the tickets being sent out that late,  but expected some form of confirmation before then.    I have ordered 2 tickets for people who will have to travel down and have day off work.   Have they to wait  until the tickets arrive before booking that day off work??   Having ordered them early,  I feel a confirmation Email would have been so easily arranged.

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I too believe THJ will be more than capable of attaining a decent average.  They say form is temporary, where ability is forever. and few can doubt his ability.   Most of his bad scores could be attributed to poor machinery, and using borrowed equipment , but I sure with a settled team, and decent bike he will more than hold his own.....       Apparently he is a wonderful rider to have in the pits and always wanting to help and encourage others....      Something a close team desperately needs........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Could be a Championship side ?

Could be, but like Haza I've been told he's signed. Apparently he spent sometime staying at the stadium a few weeks ago.

I just didn't want to to be the first to blab :D

What average do these young Dane's come in on?

4.00?

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

What average do these young Dane's come in on?

4.00?

I believe so.

Might be a tough ask for him to get near that but guess he has something about him. I can see a couple of possible connections to see why he's ended up with us. He used to be at Esbjerg who's team manager is Tom P. Madsen. Also it's Niels' Danish side. Hopefully that means that Niels recommended him and will be back to look mentor him.

1. Jason Doyle 9.69

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Erik Riss 5.75

5. Hans Andersen 7.75

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

Ave: 42.37

Remaining: 00.13

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

1. Jason Doyle 9.69

2. Lewis Kerr 5.06

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Erik Riss 5.75

5. Hans Andersen 7.75

6. Gino Manzarez 4.19

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

Ave: 42.37

Remaining: 00.13

1. Puk 9.00 ?

2 .L. Rose 5.25

3. Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

4. Erik Riss 5.75

5. Hans Andersen 7.75

6. L. Kerr 5.06

7. Kasper Andersen 4.00

With Rose 42.74......I don't follow the rules closely but is there a 5% reduction for English riders,If yes, Rose would fit in place of Manzarez.Would put Kerr at number 6

............ Just checked...Don't fit.:blink: 

Edited by Bald Bloke