British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

We need riders who understand that it is not enough to turn up ride a bike for 5 mins load up and bugger off to the next gig.  Holder and Batch were poor signings in hindsight, did either really want to be there ? I think not. They showed total contempt for the Club and the supporters. Mug punters we are not and won't be treated as such. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deltafox said:

Doyle to KL ,Never Rossiter has even said he is tricky to deal with! has same tantrum mentality as oldreholder and bratchelor.You dont need petulant cry babies you need men who can race a  big fast track.As for all the second guessing i heard this i heard that [From a steward !! like he knows].Just wait for the news its not hard is it!.

You may be very pleased with what you read.

Also Agree with Semion you need loyalty .As for Lambert his head is bigger than his talent, good yes ,good enough  No, not yet in my opinion i have seen him loose more races in uk than win !If he is offered a place [and he has been by virue KL are still talking] thats good, if not, no big problem.Going onto Social media canvassing support is childish and pointless dont you know your own mind boy !

Yeah, because Jason Doyle can't ride big, fast tracks. He was hopeless in the Aussie GP this year, wasn't he!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I find it very funny how people say that holder and batchelor were not team men? All 7 of the squad stuck together last season and that's why the big fall out happened. Clubmen they are not but team men then I can't see why you wouldn't want them in your 1-7. All 7 of them were very close knit. Unfortunately it was to each other and not the club. If things had gone other way and meeting abandoned after 8 heats I bet we would have carried on and easily made the play  offs. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, semion said:

We need riders who understand that it is not enough to turn up ride a bike for 5 mins load up and bugger off to the next gig.  Holder and Batch were poor signings in hindsight, did either really want to be there ? I think not. They showed total contempt for the Club and the supporters. Mug punters we are not and won't be treated as such. 

Really don't see how this whole thing of them two were poor signings etc is still going on. Holder struggled, but wasn't just for Lynn, it was his other teams too. Batch literally added nearly two points to his average and became number 1. We won away at Poole the night before it all went pair shaped and everyone was saying how great the team was. People need to remember that it wasn't just Batch and Holder that had issues that night it all kicked off, the whole team did. It was just those two were literally singled out by one man who knew that he couldn't do it to others otherwise Lynn fans would have turned on him. 

Look what happened after that, the team went from play offs to almost getting pipped by Leicester and put in the relegation play off. Riders lost all respect for the man in charge. 

That being said, It's about time to just focus on next season. What's happened has happened, it can't be changed. Whoever signs, support them and hopefully it will be a good season.

• Like 1

looking into RL issues, did i read on here that he and NKI have a strong dislike for each other, hence the reason RL hasn't and NKI has potentially signed...?

:blink:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottCampos178 said:

Really don't see how this whole thing of them two were poor signings etc is still going on. Holder struggled, but wasn't just for Lynn, it was his other teams too. Batch literally added nearly two points to his average and became number 1. We won away at Poole the night before it all went pair shaped and everyone was saying how great the team was. People need to remember that it wasn't just Batch and Holder that had issues that night it all kicked off, the whole team did. It was just those two were literally singled out by one man who knew that he couldn't do it to others otherwise Lynn fans would have turned on him. 

Look what happened after that, the team went from play offs to almost getting pipped by Leicester and put in the relegation play off. Riders lost all respect for the man in charge. 

That being said, It's about time to just focus on next season. What's happened has happened, it can't be changed. Whoever signs, support them and hopefully it will be a good season.

Not just the riders some fans lost respect of the man in charge - since then I’m more and more convinced the dumping of Holder and Batch was more about cost cutting than anything else 

Holder and lynn didn't really work out from day 1. I found myself struggling to support him from day 1. He came across as a bit of a rock star. I wasn't really enjoying speedway at the time he was dropped. The 2'nd half was full of hungry riders with points to prove. We lost loads but it was a team of tryers and everybody can relate to that. If we could have 6 of them back plus Niels I would take that now.

doyle would be a 1 season wonder. Ride lynn this year, then Swindon again. Then who knows. Niels feels like a lynn rider.

I'm never going to be a fan boy over a big name signing again after last season. I guess I'm a cynical person now with it. Doyle was missing so many heat 15s for Swindon. That sort of thing bugs me a bit. 

Iversen, lindgren, no 8+ rider, Doyle, some billy big nuts gp rider doing the uk a favour. That would be my order of prefference

• Like 1

It's been said, that all but 3 clubs, operated last year at a lost.   That being the case, then lets think for one moment what's going through the head of them promoters when trying to assemble a team for next year .   Any business  venture is a gamble in so much that its your money on the line.   You have to appeal to Punters and Sponsors to support you ideas. and failing that, you will find yourself in trouble.

As promoters go, Buster is unique in that he owns the Stadium, and all the stalls that sell the merchandise,. He also has a Stock-cars  Business should he need to fall back on, so he can pull the plug if speedway was such a drain.    Others promoters don't have that luxury.   They are putting their belief on the line at their own expense,  I admire that...

We have all proportioned blame to the BSPA in the past for the state the sport is in, but this year is  probably the last chance saloon, It has to work...   

I just hope the punters don't expect too much and find it within themselves to support this diluted existence.....  

12 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

I'm never going to be a fan boy over a big name signing again after last season. I guess I'm a cynical person now with it. Doyle was missing so many heat 15s for Swindon. That sort of thing bugs me a bit. 

Probably because he was riding with a broken foot for most of the season.  When he was needed to ride in Heat 15 - he was there!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Probably because he was riding with a broken foot for most of the season.  When he was needed to ride in Heat 15 - he was there!

Good point. Only Lynn fans could try and find a negative in the potential signing of the WORLD CHAMPION?!?

The whole Holder debacle was regrettable, but we shouldn't let the actions of one rider (who was struggling for form) ruin any excitement about future big name signings.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

As promoters go, Buster is unique in that he owns the Stadium, and all the stalls that sell the merchandise,. He also has a Stock-cars  Business should he need to fall back on

I'm pretty sure Buster doesn't own the merchandise stalls, and also I think the stock are run by a different company that pay rent to Buster

It's a moot point discussing Doyle because as I understand it, he's not coming.

i also noticed a rider seemed happy on twitter yesterday and the most recent people he's followed are Dale and two (potential) new team mates. Seem to point he's in the mix for a team spot. Wont spoil the fun by naming him :D

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

I'm pretty sure Buster doesn't own the merchandise stalls, and also I think the stock are run by a different company that pay rent to Buster

And I'm pretty sure  that he does get the profits from the bars etc and also does rent the track out to TSR for the Stock Cars. TSR (the promoters) get the gate receipts, Chapman gets all the catering receipts. Dont know though how the running costs are split between the two.

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

As per usual you appear desperate to pick faults with anything I posts.    The comments were made to illustrate the dire situation our sport is in and the pressures placed on the shoulders of the promoters.    The comparisons between Buster and the majority of the other promoters, were to highlight different scenarios  that each exist.     Probably Buster doesn't own the merchandise but the point being made, is he would take a draw from it.  as he would with everything else that is sold on the night.  This is something most promoters wouldn't get.   

Whether Buster runs the Stockcar or not is irrelevant.   The point that was  that the StockCar provides another form of income, so if the speedway did go disastrously wrong,  all wouldn't be lost.   

Having spoken with you a number of times face to face,  I thought you came across as a decent chap.   but then again,  probably I was  wrong on that as well .  

3 hours ago, Speedball said:

It's a moot point discussing Doyle because as I understand it, he's not coming.

i also noticed a rider seemed happy on twitter yesterday and the most recent people he's followed are Dale and two (potential) new team mates. Seem to point he's in the mix for a team spot. Wont spoil the fun by naming him :D

But you could do ;)