British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

And we could rule Proctor out as his happy face was about re-joining Workington

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

There's a few mentions about Harris missing out with Rye House and coming to us.

Although not a favorite of mine, he would certainly fit the mentality that Buster requires from the riders in terms of commitment.

He and Iversen would be a perfect No1 & 5 

The question that keeps going through my mind is just were is the money going to come from to finance Iversen/ Lamberts or Iversen/Harris which ever combination it’s not going to be cheap- if no tv money or very much reduced tv money how’s will that short fall be covered if no tv coverage that has a knock on effect on what sponsors are willing to pay - id say the reputation of the club is at a all time low with attracting sponsors after how TrucksR Us was treated last season they certainly wouldn’t have sponsored the team had it been the team we had in the second half of the season also we lost  long term loyal sponsor Roger Warnes . 

44 minutes ago, Haza said:

The question that keeps going through my mind is just were is the money going to come from to finance Iversen/ Lamberts or Iversen/Harris which ever combination it’s not going to be cheap- if no tv money or very much reduced tv money how’s will that short fall be covered if no tv coverage that has a knock on effect on what sponsors are willing to pay - id say the reputation of the club is at a all time low with attracting sponsors after how TrucksR Us was treated last season they certainly wouldn’t have sponsored the team had it been the team we had in the second half of the season also we lost  long term loyal sponsor Roger Warnes . 

I thought I was negative. But for god sake Haza you are worse than me. Let's wait until we know the team members then we can moan or rejoice.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mrss said:

I thought I was negative. But for god sake Haza you are worse than me. Let's wait until we know the team members then we can moan or rejoice.

How’s it negative? - so if it’s negative how’s the cash short fall going to be made up ? Increased admission charges is one way but with a weaker league my guess are attendance would fall increased sponsorship maybe ? Over to you how’s the cash short fall going to be made up ? I think I’m being realistic rather than negative but guess we are all entitled to our opinions 

One would suspect that the addition of Mr Brundle will result in that 'shortfall' being made up, however much that may be. Not sure how any of us who post on here can know with too much accuracy what the financial state of the club is anyway.

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

One would suspect that the addition of Mr Brundle will result in that 'shortfall' being made up, however much that may be. Not sure how any of us who post on here can know with too much accuracy what the financial state of the club is anyway.

I have fair idea...

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

I have fair idea...

Then you will understand exactly were I’m coming from - some have there heads in the sand there is a wide gap in finances the way I see it ok a new co promoter Robin Brundle may bring new sponsors and cash into the club hopefully he will - but with no tv or a clearly reduced tv contract is going to have a massive effect on all clubs in the Premiership- call me negative or whatever I think I’m being realistic.

Maybe it's Harris as the number 1. That's cheaper than Niels lindgren Doyle and all the others. No travel costs either.

harris, barker, Jorgensen, wright, Kerr, rose, toft, surely that's a cheap entertaining buster team? its not my ideal team but it's a team of exciting budget riders.

With that team maybe Brundle could get Lidl or Aldi to sponsor it.  Or even better Poundland

• Like 1

Knowing the desperate state our sport is in,  and that it would have been far cheaper to compete in the 2nd division,  for Buster to plumb to stay in the top league, tells me he has got the finances covered.      Buster may be a lot if things but stupid he is not.  To run a club with an inevitable loss would be senseless,  so to me he has deals in place to cover any defective costs that may occur .

To operate in the top division without a competitive team would be foolish, so one has to assume the team being assembled will be built along those lines.  So we therefore have no worries about the financing of these top riders.    How that will be achieved will be known in the coming weeks    Whether it be   Added Sponsorships,   New partners,   Added admission costs  or even Cheaper rider deals,  Buster no doubt  believes he has it covered..

Probably Father Christmas has come early,    and answered all Buster wishes .............................The mind boggles...... .. 

I will  wait with anticipation....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, semion said:

With that team maybe Brundle could get Lidl or Aldi to sponsor it.  Or even better Poundland

Supermarket of the year semmers!

12 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Maybe it's Harris as the number 1. That's cheaper than Niels lindgren Doyle and all the others. No travel costs either.

harris, barker, Jorgensen, wright, Kerr, rose, toft, surely that's a cheap entertaining buster team? its not my ideal team but it's a team of exciting budget riders.

Barker to Rye House.

13 hours ago, Haza said:

Then you will understand exactly were I’m coming from - some have there heads in the sand there is a wide gap in finances the way I see it ok a new co promoter Robin Brundle may bring new sponsors and cash into the club hopefully he will - but with no tv or a clearly reduced tv contract is going to have a massive effect on all clubs in the Premiership- call me negative or whatever I think I’m being realistic.

Realistic 

22 hours ago, Speedball said:

Don't think Manzarez is in the 1-7 though I've heard he's keen. Replace him with Lewis Rose. Lewis Kerr at reserve.

Adding Iversen & Lambert is a must. I'm sure Niels will be back, all the signs point that way. Guess depends on what happens with talks with Robert. 

Like your thinking:approve:

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Supermarket of the year semmers!

I was thinking more Poundland and their creative accountancy. Maybe Speedway could do with a bit of that. 

Nothing wrong with the German retailers.  You should see the quality of car that you see in their car parks over there Baggy.  Lot more to be said for their supermarkets than SOME of their football coaches.

• Haha 1