British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I doubt Holder would ever ride for Buster again. And I am sure like me most Stars fans wouldn't welcome Holder back.

• Haha 1

I hope not !!

• Like 2

Has Buster stated anywhere that the once very good Kings Lynn track will be back to its original high standards for the 2018 season?

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Has Buster stated anywhere that the once very good Kings Lynn track will be back to its original high standards for the 2018 season?

If he hasn't and he expects a return of a lot of fans to the AFA, he needs to make it his Number One priority. The quality of racing , which is the Big Pull for many supporters has been dire at times. Yes we are waiting for the Team Announcements and this "undreamt of "marketing and presentation era but that matters little if the track is the same old , same old. Buster has spent countless hours on an effort to make a silk purse of a track out of pig's ear, so fingers crossed for 2018.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danny Connor said:

Racing was good 2nd half of the season. 

Would that have anything to do with riders prepared to attack the track rather than whinging?

just asking

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah! Hungry riders with something to prove. There was fresh shale that hadn't bedded for that poole meeting what was said to have caused the problems. maybe that just settled and helped too! but anybody with something to prove will try harder. so it was probably a mix of both!

• Like 1

Dosent make sense not preparing a track for good racing, your business depends on it. Kings Lynn was always one of the very best race tracks in the country, hope its back to its best next season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Dosent make sense not preparing a track for good racing, your business depends on it. Kings Lynn was always one of the very best race tracks in the country, hope its back to its best next season.

Kings Lynn has been pants for a few years now, i can't see it ever improving without taking in the corners...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bellevueace said:

Thing also to remember the stadiums main business is Stock Cars not speedway - it’s a stock car stadium that happen to run speedway as well , I’ve several stock car friends and they all say about Lynn what we used to say about speedway best track in the country .  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Thing also to remember the stadiums main business is Stock Cars not speedway - it’s a stock car stadium that happen to run speedway as well , I’ve several stock car friends and they all say about Lynn what we used to say about speedway best track in the country .  

Was once just a speedway stadium only.If my grey matter serves me correct.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

Kings Lynn has been pants for a few years now, i can't see it ever improving without taking in the corners...

I've always believed the surface was the biggest problem.   if the surface was right then the corners are racable, with lines inside and out.    Over the years we have seen some wonderful racing proving the shape is not that far off.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Was once just a speedway stadium only.If my grey matter serves me correct.

Was once just a greyhound stadium only.

So the last few posts just completely ignoring the fact the racing had improved no end after the new shale/riders came and the 2nd half of the season was good racing. 

Sorry that doesn't fit the negative theme! . . . . at least the results were rubbish though ;)

• Like 2