British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

And Gino Manzerez favouring the Tweet too.

Almost certain he's in as he's not doing that with any other Premiership club

He may really be interested himself as to who Lynn are going to announce.We will all find out soon anyway.:approve:

I wait with anticipation the announcement of the new team.  Each year comes round and we usually have two, three, sometimes more riders we have used before,  riders  who have served us well in the past but who never propelled us into the contest of winners.    Riders like Rose, Kerr, NPT, Porsing  Huckenbeck have had plenty of opportunities  to stake their claim  for a Lynn spot but none have developed into riders whom can be relied upon when the chips are down...   They're all good on their day  but to contest for honours we need to look further afield for winners rather  than these home favourites.

Looking back over recent years  only one rider can stand up and say he always gave his all, and that was Niels.  He lead by example,  and raced everytime as if it was his last.  If as rumours say he is returning then welcome home Niels,   you have been badly missed.   Reading the SS  it appears Lambert will again grace our track  with his exciting riding style.   Probably I have been wrong in comparing  Robert with greats we have seen here in the past , but I don't apologise for that for I believe he is on par with all of them and hopefully this year he will eventually show that...

In a year when not many things went well, the biggest plus had to be the arrival of Thomas Jorgensen.  I am well pleased his performances and attitude have been rewarded with inclusion for another year at Lynn.  I have no doubts he will improve as team progresses,.  Many names have been aired and speculated  and Gino Manzares  can be added to the list .   The four names that will compete the team  has a lot of work ahead of them, trying to propel the Stars to a more deserving position than we found ourselves in last year....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, semion said:

Not according to the Lynn News. Robin Brundle announced as Co Promotor with the next 2 signings being delivered at the end of next week.

Is that on the Lynn News website?

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

Is that on the Lynn News website?

Well I didn't dream it :wink:

9 hours ago, mrss said:

It was on Lynn News  website earlier today , but has been removed now.

Not the best kept secret was it,    but they always  say a new brush sweeps clean.   Lets hope so....      I've  heard  Brundle is taking over most of the Promoters duties  leaving Buster concentrating on the BSPA  Chairmanship.    Be interesting to see the changes that will inevitably be made.....  and where the emphasis will be concentrated on.    My one hope is he can produce  slick presentation with exciting racing.  If he can get the crowd on side  then who knows what he can achieve.  

Next announcement expected  12th January.      

• Like 1

Buster taking a backseat ?   I cant imagine it. Think he will still be, shall we say, hands on.  He wont be able to help himself. Wonder what JC's take on this one is....  Does this mean that there will be a new track man or is Buster not taking that much of a backseat ?

Hardly news worst kept secret in speedway- I welcome Robin and wish him luck - let’s hope this is a new dawn for me keeping fans informed on news on and off the track better presentation of meetings - keeping the meetings flowing rather than endless laps with the tractors definitely more urgency on that . And of course track prep get the track back to how it used to be using proper red shale rather than soil with a few stones in it . Massive task and Buster could be the biggest problem as others have found but I wish Robin luck 

• Thanks 1

Is it me or is there a hint we may have Nicki Pedersen in the team since they are standing in front of his bike ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Is it me or is there a hint we may have Nicki Pedersen in the team since they are standing in front of his bike ?

Let’s hope so - that would be a dream signing 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Haza said:

Let’s hope so - that would be a dream signing 

Looks like an old bike. Rear mudguard is not a hugger and throttle is metal Magura , not one of the fancy see through ones they have used the last few years.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

It's you lynnboy.Think you have about 0.1% of a chance of him being at Lynn.I would say that was the track spare.

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It's you lynnboy.Think you have about 0.1% of a chance of him being at Lynn.I would say that was the track spare.

It's not a rrack spare as doesn't meet regulations but it is Nicki's old bike from 2007

Next week my guess Kasper Andersen and Lewis Kerr will be announced