British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

2 hours ago, Haza said:

Lets be honest no one could do much worse than the last few season on the media front . Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a new dawn . 

Whilst I don't disagree with what you are saying it's not about doing "worse"............. its about doing better!

My earlier somewhat tongue in cheek post was aimed at those who have shown so much negativity whilst spouting just how easy communication between club and fans could be.

Well.................. here's their chance!!!!!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It is a veru very easy job.

The issue is what parameters you have to work with.

There's not going to be a mass budget to really deliver whats required

Like anything,it is only easy when you know how.I for one wouldn't know where to start.

Edited by tellboy

iversen 9.00

jorgensen 5.93

kerr 5.06

tun gate 6.18

lambert 7.38

manzares 4.19

lebedev 4.33

forget tungate he is riding for b/vue for sure :)

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Who's putting in for the new job of Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications then.Just seen this on the Lynn website.Seems like there is certainly a major change in this area already planned then:approve:

5 hours ago, Haza said:

Lets be honest no one could do much worse than the last few season on the media front . Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a new dawn . 

They want a degree in English. Surely a degree in marketing would be much more useful?!

Also whoever takes over will have to spend hours unblocking everyone! They blocked me when they switched twitter accounts because they wanted to rebrand and I tweeted them saying they should keep the old account with it's followers and just change the header and logo on the account. How was that worthy of a block? It was decent advise, why throw away the 1000s of followers you already had for no reason?

Ritchie Worrall is another rider I think will be back he  definitely unfinished business at the club he had without doubt his best season at KL .

6 hours ago, Haza said:

Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a new dawn . 

And not a False dawn eh?

• Like 1

The more I think about that picture with Nickis bike the less sense it makes to have it there unless he has signed. It's the picture that will always be associated with the co promoter joining and has all nickis sponsors in it. Maybe there is a potential deal with one of those sponsors much like the holder one last season to pay his wages. It wouldn't have taken much to have used a generic lynn cover on a bike and made the picture look professional. So I'm starting to think it could be an obvious hint 

17 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

After all the moaning on here I would expect it to be one of "those" particular members of this forum........... they can then set about delivering what they have claimed should be "easy"!!

Isn't sarcasm a wonderful attribute for one to hold.   Probably that skill is more in keeping with other positions, but  being a Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications. wouldn't recognise your obvious talent.

I applaud the decision to include a position in a new enterprise, responsible for keeping all the supporters up to date, this is something that has been badly missing these past years. We have actually had two persons walk away from Lynn speedway because of the lack of information they were given to share. Hopefully, one of these, Gavin, will reconsider his decision again, and apply for this opportunity as he would the ideal candidate. He had all the skills this position would require, Not only a Reporter but aware of the Social Media's tremendous ability to connect with the world.. The fact he is a but a Stars fan he ticks every box.........

NB. When I used the word 'easy' it was said in context when comparing the ways of informing fans today through social media, compared to the problems and cost of years back. when every newspaper article had to specifically written for each input. But please don't let the truth get in the way of good bit of sarcasm....

Edited by g13webb
A word spelt wrong

I reckon Jorgensen (long since signed of course) Kerr, Rose, Lambert and the new Dane are in and the debate is who the other two are. Iversen and Manzares are the names bandied about most but I'm thinking that seven would be under the limit? And lack a third heat leader.

11 hours ago, therefused said:

iversen 9.00

jorgensen 5.93

kerr 5.06

tun gate 6.18

lambert 7.38

manzares 4.19

lebedev 4.33

I would be worried if Lynn started with that side looks mighty weak to me.

Lambert will be back which is good for the club and British Speedway but the number one race jacket may be a surprise to many if rumours are true as they haven't ridden here for a while. 

Dont see Kings Lynn as one of the challengers but just hope they get the track right as it can be a great circuit