British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I would be worried if Lynn started with that side looks mighty weak to me.

No team with Iversen at one and Lebedevs at reserve would be 'mighty weak' Sidney. Maybe Auty at seven would make all the difference for you :D:blink:

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Isn't sarcasm a wonderful attribute for one to hold.   Probably that skill is more in keeping with other positions, but  being a Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications. wouldn't recognise your obvious talent.

I applaud the decision to include a position in a new enterprise, responsible for keeping all the supporters up to date, this is something that has been badly missing these past years. We have actually had two persons walk away from Lynn speedway because of the lack of information they were given to share. Hopefully, one of these, Gavin, will reconsider his decision again, and apply for this opportunity as he would the ideal candidate. He had all the skills this position would require, Not only a Reporter but aware of the Social Media's tremendous ability to connect with the world.. The fact he is a but a Stars fan he ticks every box.........

NB. When I used the word 'easy' it was said in context when comparing the ways of informing fans today through social media, compared to the problems and cost of years back. when every newspaper article had to specifically written for each input. But please don't let the truth get in the way of good bit of sarcasm....

I can’t see why gavin would see this a worthwhile role, he probably has a far better job with better prospects elsewhere.

This job doesn’t even need to be full time, it could easily be done from home instead of employing a full time member of staff. 

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No team with Iversen at one and Lebedevs at reserve would be 'mighty weak' Sidney. Maybe Auty at seven would make all the difference for you :D:blink:

No need for sarcasm  Bagpuss  and if you believe that side is good anough fair play you are entitled to your opinion.And on Auty you take the piss but riders like him and Jorgensen are the life and soul of British speedway they ride hard and put 100 per cent in every race i saw that at the Abbey last season when Lynn put in a mighty performance.

46 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I reckon Jorgensen (long since signed of course) Kerr, Rose, Lambert and the new Dane are in and the debate is who the other two are. Iversen and Manzares are the names bandied about most but I'm thinking that seven would be under the limit? And lack a third heat leader.

Aboit 2 points under the limit. 

Maybe signing Nicki Pedersen is the way too keep Lambert at Lynn ? As lambert and Iversen did not get on riding together. and Pedersen was lamberts favourite rider and who he models himself on especially in his earlier days 

Read the link 

http://www.robertlambertracing.com/about/

Edited by lynnboy

7 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Maybe signing Nicki Pedersen is the way too keep Lambert at Lynn ? As lambert and Iversen did not get on riding together. and Pedersen was lamberts favourite rider and who he models himself on especially in his earlier days 

We need an inspirational signing to get me interested again and Nicki would certainly do that . 

40 minutes ago, therefused said:

I can’t see why gavin would see this a worthwhile role, he probably has a far better job with better prospects elsewhere.

This job doesn’t even need to be full time, it could easily be done from home instead of employing a full time member of staff. 

Never imagined this to be a fulltime position,  surely one that could be fitted in to suit their own agenda.     Either way Gavin  could do this with part time with one hand tied behind his back....     No problem........

12 minutes ago, Haza said:

We need an inspirational signing to get me interested again and Nicki would certainly do that . 

I believe after a couple of months you'd be looking for him to get sacked.

He's finished as a top line racer

Yep Pedersen at the wrong end of his career and will have had the best part of a year out injured, would be a massive risk. No thank you.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I believe after a couple of months you'd be looking for him to get sacked.

He's finished as a top line racer

I don’t agree with that I still think he could easily attain an 8.5 ave or higher 

It would be more than worth the risk seeing/hearing Trees shout for Nicki again though

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

No need for sarcasm  Bagpuss  and if you believe that side is good anough fair play you are entitled to your opinion.And on Auty you take the piss but riders like him and Jorgensen are the life and soul of British speedway they ride hard and put 100 per cent in every race i saw that at the Abbey last season when Lynn put in a mighty performance.

Never said that side would be 'good enough', just refuting your claim that it would be 'mighty weak' as it wouldn't be with Iversen as a top drawer number one and a talent like Lebedevs having seven rides from reserve. Average and mid table perhaps, but not mighty weak.

As for Auty, he may well give 100% but he is never going to improve and is as unreliable and inconsistent as a speedway rider could be. Apart from overriding and coming a cropper, which you can rely on him to do regularly.

Edited by Bagpuss

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Aboit 2 points under the limit. 

In that case Manzares out and a six ish pointer in putting Kerr at reserve.

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Never said that side would be 'good enough', just refuting your claim that it would be 'mighty weak' as it wouldn't be with Iversen as a top drawer number one and a talent like Lebedevs having seven rides from reserve. Average and mid table perhaps, but not mighty weak.

As for Auty, he may well give 100% but he is never going to improve and is as unreliable and inconsistent as a speedway rider could be. Apart from overriding and coming a cropper, which you can rely on him to do regularly.

Maybe take a look at the BLRC and see if he is that bad, all i would say is he would do a job as well as at least two of those riders mentioned as for Kerr ask the Scunny fans if he is inconsistent.!,!,

Edited by Sidney the robin

Anyone can have one good meeting in isolation Sidney. His averages having been around for for over a decade tell their own story.

Would be very disappointed if he is named in Lynn's 1-7.