British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Anyone can have one good meeting in isolation Sidney. His averages having been around for for over a decade tell their own story.

Would be very disappointed if he is named in Lynn's 1-7.

I look at team speedway a different way to what you do, riders don't have to improve to get a place.At Swindon for example Mike Keen and Clive Hitch were no world beaters but they were loved i.e.) because they were entertaining and give 100 per cent Auty is similar.At Lynn in yesteryear you had the likes of Featherby,Crane,Belham who were real favourites later on Tiddler Turner (who was very good and entertaining who the Lynn fans loved.For me it is a myth that you have to have improvers to win things having a balanced 1/7 all pushing in the right direction is what i look for in a team and hopefully entertaining us along the way.

2 hours ago, lynnboy said:

Maybe signing Nicki Pedersen is the way too keep Lambert at Lynn ? As lambert and Iversen did not get on riding together. and Pedersen was lamberts favourite rider and who he models himself on especially in his earlier days 

Read the link 

http://www.robertlambertracing.com/about/

I still think you only have a 0.1% chance.People read into things to much,seeing Buster and Brundle's picture behind Pedersen's old bike means nothing.

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I still think you only have a 0.1% chance.People read into things to much,seeing Buster and Brundle's picture behind Pedersen's old bike means nothing.

Don't think Pedersen would even consider UK.

After what his back went through last year where he was close to retirement due to the seriousness of the injury I can see him doing the following. Poland (Sun) -Sweden (Tue) - a drive over the land connected bridge/s to DK for (Wed) and then GP's and maybe even another attempt at the SEC on Saturdays. I think the last thing he will want is commuting in and out of UK for MON/WED matches (or some of Swindons Thurs) on top of his commitments to SWE and DK midweek.

Does the guy really need all that on top of all the cost for equip to be here plus mechanics/accommodation/flights in and out.

No chance and at his age he wont be back to ride UK again other than say at some kind of special testimonial. Even then where is all the money going to come from in British Speedway to finance all this when the sport is close to being on its backside financially.

One also has to  remember he is bound by the POL EXL max 3 leagues incl your own nationality League which puts him in the same situ as NKI and I think for sure most if not all would prefer NKI and that's IF the Poles relax the rules which to my knowledge they have no,t yet hence why maybe Poole cant announce their full team still.

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Isn't sarcasm a wonderful attribute for one to hold.   Probably that skill is more in keeping with other positions, but  being a Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications. wouldn't recognise your obvious talent.

It wasn't sarcasm though ...............on this occasion it is fact!   (I am nonetheless a master of sarcasm, derived from 40+ years in an enforcement role and delivered face to face .... not via social media)! 

If you believe my comment was solely aimed at you then so be it.................. you social media proponents have your head so far up your own rectum you struggle to see "the light".  (In the same manner that you see the sole purpose of the new role as nothing other than connected with social media).

Most 6 year olds have a Twitter account these days don't they .............................  is that what you consider constitutes a "Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications"

You can also hide behind contextuality all you like................ however "easy" has but one meaning....................  that's "not too difficult" even for you is it! 

You've done your share of moaning on here so now why not apply for the job and put matters right rather than nominating others!

• Like 1

No chance of Pedersen coming back to Lynn. Why would he want to race in the UK again?

Iversen will be at number 1 with Lambert, Kerr, Rose, Jorgensen, Proctor and the young Dane Andersen. 

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Never said that side would be 'good enough', just refuting your claim that it would be 'mighty weak' as it wouldn't be with Iversen as a top drawer number one and a talent like Lebedevs having seven rides from reserve. Average and mid table perhaps, but not mighty weak.

As for Auty, he may well give 100% but he is never going to improve and is as unreliable and inconsistent as a speedway rider could be. Apart from overriding and coming a cropper, which you can rely on him to do regularly.

Lebedevs would not be at reserve, he’s been re-assessed as 7.00

4 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Lebedevs would not be at reserve, he’s been re-assessed as 7.00

That would be very strange - doesnt he have an established average more recent than Sczepaniak for example....

• Like 4

Auty is a much better shout than Rose Kerr or Menzares, he is a heat leader in the Championship and waers his hart on his sleave he will do a good job If you dont use him BELLE vue or Poole  might

13 minutes ago, high edge said:

Auty is a much better shout than Rose Kerr or Menzares, he is a heat leader in the Championship and waers his hart on his sleave he will do a good job If you dont use him BELLE vue or Poole  might

Are you having a laugh. 

Josh Auty riding for Belle Vue or Poole. What josh auty you been watching. 

I will admit but I’ve never liked Auty. 

But it he hasn’t really developed from Number 1 pick in Elite league draft!  And hasn’t even managed to hold a EL/Prem spot and even retired because it wasn’t going his way. 

Get Gino M on his average! 

18 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

It wasn't sarcasm though ...............on this occasion it is fact!   (I am nonetheless a master of sarcasm, derived from 40+ years in an enforcement role and delivered face to face .... not via social media)! 

If you believe my comment was solely aimed at you then so be it.................. you social media proponents have your head so far up your own rectum you struggle to see "the light".  (In the same manner that you see the sole purpose of the new role as nothing other than connected with social media).

Most 6 year olds have a Twitter account these days don't they .............................  is that what you consider constitutes a "Head of Social Media and Marketing Communications"

You can also hide behind contextuality all you like................ however "easy" has but one meaning....................  that's "not too difficult" even for you is it! 

You've done your share of moaning on here so now why not apply for the job and put matters right rather than nominating others!

The distant, between your world and mine, are miles apart.     you, a self acclaimed master of sarcasm,  believe it is wrong to voice an opinion unless you are equally efficient as the person you have an opinion on.   Yes, I voiced my dissatisfaction at the lack  of information coming from the club, as did many others,  it was my opinion,   but you see it as moaning..      But I didn't proclaim to be efficient in that said role.     But obviously, you feel you are an expert in many roles....      

Many years ago I played football at a semi professional level,  but was no where near the standard of those playing today,    but it doesn't stop me shouting an opinion, be it right or wrong at those far superior then I.       Moaning,   and having an opinion, to me  are not the same thing.       

• Thanks 1

This 1 over 8 rule. Does anybody know if 8.00 is over 8. I know Poole had Bjarne one year because of this and 8.01 was the important number

19 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

This 1 over 8 rule. Does anybody know if 8.00 is over 8. I know Poole had Bjarne one year because of this and 8.01 was the important number

I’d say 8.00 isn’t over 8.00 or the rule would be 7.99 surely but this is British Speedeway so any thing is possible

13 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’d say 8.00 isn’t over 8.00 or the rule would be 7.99 surely but this is British Speedeway so any thing is possible

8.00 or above