British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

22 hours ago, 1stbendfan said:

It's a decent team, changes mid season expected. Need the two Lewis' to step up this season and establish themselves as solid performers every week. Lambert needs to be challenging NKI for the no.1 spot , how many seasons can he be regarded as having potential. Now is the time to do it.

Would think we would have a Lewis at reserve all season with that team.

On 07/01/2018 at 9:27 PM, 1stbendfan said:

It's a decent team, changes mid season expected. Need the two Lewis' to step up this season and establish themselves as solid performers every week. Lambert needs to be challenging NKI for the no.1 spot , how many seasons can he be regarded as having potential. Now is the time to do it.

Agree. 'Team Lewis' need to show more consistancy and need more luck with the injuries that have dogged them over the past few seasons. Andersen is a 'punt' but NKI will be in his corner to advise so could be a dark horse. Crucial that TJ and Robert find form early on as I can't see us doing anything away from home if those two struggle. Not sure this side could make the play off's tbh. We can but hope!

I haven't done the math but Proctor over THJ?

9 hours ago, TooMuchGrip said:

Agree. 'Team Lewis' need to show more consistancy and need more luck with the injuries that have dogged them over the past few seasons. Andersen is a 'punt' but NKI will be in his corner to advise so could be a dark horse. Crucial that TJ and Robert find form early on as I can't see us doing anything away from home if those two struggle. Not sure this side could make the play off's tbh. We can but hope!

Welcome to the Forum  'TOOMUCHGRIP',  new members are always welcome,  especially those who supports East Anglian Teams.     A sensible posting which most supporters would have to agree with.   The team, although has yet to be confirmed,  but it appears a lot of  expected names are already known.     Must say,  from the comments from the club  that we are doing it different this year,   I haven't notice much change as of yet..    

Looking at other team announcements I admit, most are stronger than I first imagined they would be , and can foresee some good exciting meetings ahead.    As for the Stars team,    Niels is a massive plus for any team, I just hope the rest can back him up in what looks like a close contest for Play off considerations...

Cant wait for it to start........   

On Saturday radio Norfolk played an interview with robin brundle and he said there will be a new annoucement/initiative given every Friday until the end of march. 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2018 at 11:40 AM, tellboy said:

I still think you only have a 0.1% chance.People read into things to much,seeing Buster and Brundle's picture behind Pedersen's old bike means nothing.

Been in Poland for the week so not seen forum for a while. However, Pedersen bike was given to Buster by Nikki years ago. It’s been office corner since new office was built. I would guess - “ we need a photo of Buster and Robin to announce Robin as promoter, let’s use the bike as a backdrop” I wouldn’t read anymore into it. 

• Like 2

I would pick THJ over Proctor but then the only thing is he is a Poole asset which could be a worry .

2 minutes ago, Greg said:

I would pick THJ over Proctor but then the only thing is he is a Poole asset which could be a worry .

Indeed yes. if Ford doesn't get Sundstrom if POL EXL 3 Max League rule incl you Nationality league isn't lifted. If it isn't he has already said he may have to go down the 2 stronger rider route of say a 6 plus and a 4 plus, and THJ falls into that (possibly).

Having said that if the Poles don't lift the rule then KL are in trouble as it would also exclude NKI.

Lets hope not the case as both clubs would be affected.

What it does mean though after Fords comments to the media this morning (Bournemouth Echo) is that KL cannot announce their full team anyway until the Poles decide if NKI is part of that thinking.

Problem is nobody has come forward with any news or comment as to when the Poles will decide one way or the other.

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Indeed yes. if Ford doesn't get Sundstrom if POL EXL 3 Max League rule incl you Nationality league isn't lifted. If it isn't he has already said he may have to go down the 2 stronger rider route of say a 6 plus and a 4 plus, and THJ falls into that (possibly).

Having said that if the Poles don't lift the rule then KL are in trouble as it would also exclude NKI.

Lets hope not the case as both clubs would be affected.

What it does mean though after Fords comments to the media this morning (Bournemouth Echo) is that KL cannot announce their full team anyway until the Poles decide if NKI is part of that thinking.

Problem is nobody has come forward with any news or comment as to when the Poles will decide one way or the other.

PERHAPS the FIM will do something about the Poles and their self-imposed rules and continual moving of the goalposts. Incidehtally, a couple of pigs have just flown by my window.

• Like 3

Good of NKI to turn up for Lewis Kerr's fund raiser at Heacham last week. B)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PERHAPS the FIM will do something about the Poles and their self-imposed rules and continual moving of the goalposts. Incidehtally, a couple of pigs have just flown by my window.

Yes it is frustrating but unfortunately that is the Speedway World that the modern sport is now living in. They have moved forward majorly in  their sponsorship and what the local Government puts into it, and their supporters have helped maintain and keep their interest in volume. For us unfortunately it is completely the opposite.

We could debate it all day but ultimately that's how it is.

4 hours ago, Greg said:

THJ has said he's only doing Poland and Sweden in 2018.

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Thanks.Thats one off of the guess list :t:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Thank god for that.

• Like 3

On 07/01/2018 at 12:36 PM, T.N.T. said:

Only signed up in Poland and the GPs I think this year and certainly appears to be committed to get back on form with fitness and bikes. 

Still has a house.in Northamptonshire so would be a great signing for club and British Speedway 

Lambert back but who else as they haven' named much officially yet

Think you will find that that was sold a couple off years ago. He has no ties now in the UK. Family are also back in Denmark.

• Haha 1