British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

21 hours ago, semion said:

Good of NKI to turn up for Lewis Kerr's fund raiser at Heacham last week. B)

i thought he was abroad with Danish team, didn't see Niels there but i left before lunch

2 hours ago, stevehone said:

i thought he was abroad with Danish team, didn't see Niels there but i left before lunch

Yep NKI in Canaries with Danish team. Nikki P lives in Monte Carlo, but also building new House in Denmark. 

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

THJ has said he's only doing Poland and Sweden in 2018.

More like he realises how poor he is that he would have no takers.  :wink:

4 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

He really splits oppinion!! I loved him. Mental style!!!

Indeed. Kings Lynn brought THJ in on loaned equipment, hung him out to dry riding him at #5.  Yet he was still the most interesting rider to watch in their team when on TV after Shalegate.  I thought he did enough to deserve another chance, especially starting at reserve.

Edited by Col
  • Thanks 1

THJ was all over the place ........ not my sort of interesting 

• Like 1

Riders like Kerr, Rose , Jorgensen, Lambert  have all got something to give  but when it comes to class, they don't come close to the standard  THJ has achieved.    If he wants to ride, and can acquire decent machinery, I think it would be a no-brainer to turn your back on him.   

Looking down into the pits from our high vantage point THJ  helps more riders with his knowledge and enthusiasm then anyone else.   If Brundle and Allitt can squeeze him in it would be an astute signing... 

THJ not my cup of tea and feel that he will not improve much, even on his own equipment.  Gino Manzares is much better bet IMHO.

31 minutes ago, therefused said:

I see Robert lambert has now been confirmed 

Source?

I'm sure he will be back, along with TJ, Lewis x 2, new Danish lad and Puk if the Poles get off their high horse. So just one question mark left in that case, lots of rumours about Mandates but that would mean a team considerably under the points limit. Perhaps that is what was meant by the team being picked by a 'wider criteria' this year?

Would have liked THJ on that average but I get why he divides opinion, just think starting at reserve he would have been  a definite improver. Must be his choice to just do Sweden & Poland, can't believe he hasn't had at least one UK offer.

Edited by Bagpuss

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Source?

I'm sure he will be back, along with TJ, Lewis x 2, new Danish lad and Puk if the Poles get off their high horse. So just one question mark left in that case, lots of rumours about Mandates but that would mean a team considerably under the points limit. Perhaps that is what was meant by the team being picked by a 'wider criteria' this year?

Would have liked THJ on that average but I get why he divides opinion, just think starting at reserve he would have been  a definite improver. Must be his choice to just do Sweden & Poland, can't believe he hasn't had at least one UK offer.

Its in this weeks Speedway Star

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Source?

If Iversen doesn’t or isn’t able to sign we are seriously in the deep brown stuff . 

2 hours ago, Trees said:

THJ was all over the place ........ not my sort of interesting 

Speedway can be quite predictable at times!!!! With him you never knew what was going to happen. If he was behind you knew he could pass when he was in front you knew he could cock up! Entertaining! I get why people wouldn't like him. But those people shouldn't then moan about a lack of entertainment. Because he was very entertaining! 

34 minutes ago, Haza said:

If Iversen doesn’t or isn’t able to sign we are seriously in the deep brown stuff . 

My glass is half full. That bridge can be crossed if and when we get to it.

19 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

My glass is half full. That bridge can be crossed if and when we get to it.

Put all your eggs in one basket and it doesn’t come off then what ? I’m sure we have a plan B though as always