British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

They will have a plan B I'm sure, would probably be a solid team with a weak number one but there will be one. Better to be positive though and believe that Puk will sign.

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They will have a plan B I'm sure, would probably be a solid team with a weak number one but there will be one. Better to be positive though and believe that Puk will sign.

I agree totally let’s hope Iversen signs 

• Like 1

The Lambert article in this weeks Speedway Star indicates he has agreed to ride for the Stars this year only,  but it also says he didn't want to ,  He wanted to go elsewhere but his hands were tied...       It also said he would be riding old equipment because he needed additional sponsors to finance new machinery.    

As a Stars supporter,   it wasn't good reading at all,  he appears to be moaning about all and sundry, instead of being happy and looking forward to the new season.     I read it as though he cant wait to leave..........           

• Like 1

1. Iversen 9.04

2. Jorgensen 5.93

3. ?????? 5.66

4. Rose 5.25

5. Lambert 7.38

6. Kerr 5.06

7. Manzerez 4.18

Ave: 36.84

Remaining: 5.66

Toft 5.57?

Or Andersen and Riss rather than Gino and ?????

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Toft 5.57?

Wasn't Andersen given a 4.00 average

25 minutes ago, g13webb said:

The Lambert article in this weeks Speedway Star indicates he has agreed to ride for the Stars this year only,  but it also says he didn't want to ,  He wanted to go elsewhere but his hands were tied...       It also said he would be riding old equipment because he needed additional sponsors to finance new machinery.    

As a Stars supporter,   it wasn't good reading at all,  he appears to be moaning about all and sundry, instead of being happy and looking forward to the new season.     I read it as though he cant wait to leave..........           

So basically he is saying Stars fans should look forward to a poor season from him unless he gets sponsorship to get better equipment. Why would he not want to ride for his home club?

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Toft 5.57?

I have no idea why some want Manzares, don't think he is Premiership level myself.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Wasn't Andersen given a 4.00 average

I believe so, and Riss is 5.75 so going by your figures they would fit? I like Riss, seems to have something about him and should be able to improve a fair bit.

45 minutes ago, g13webb said:

If that’s the case I’d have said bye bye if I was Buster - thought we was only signing riders with the right attitude? that’s gone out the window then - a fully committed 1-7 is what’s needed surely 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Haza said:

If that’s the case I’d have said bye bye if I was Buster - thought we was only signing riders with the right attitude? that’s gone out the window then - a fully committed 1-7 is what’s needed surely 

Check out @silverbee52’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/silverbee52/status/951391168528506880?s=09

51 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Much depends if he used his bikes in the Prem & Champ last season or had separate? If he used the same bikes they will be 80? meetings old and in need of decent investment to refresh them. If they have only done one season in the Prem then with a little TLC they should be fine for another year. Im surprised that promoters don't have conditions regarding the amount / quality of machinery that a rider uses at the top level?

Either way it doesn't sound like he is a happy camper so id expect this saga to continue along with some dubious sick notes.

• Like 1

Robert Lambert will still give 100% for King's Lynn as he said in the article.And i am sure he will have decent equipment too.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

A rather childish attitude and in any case, there is nothing wrong with using old equipment, as long as it's maintained.

So whose job is it to secure backing from sponsors?  Maybe they like someone who has a positive outlook and the vision to look forward, plenty of heavily sponsored riders in the past who have only been moderately successful but have gone out and worked for the backing. 

• Like 3