British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

4 minutes ago, pubichair said:

Us as fans have every right to criticise a rider who has basically said I don’t want to ride here but I will because I have too!  Would you want a rider like that in your team? 

Definitely not and after last season farce he definitely should have been allowed to move - so much for the positive attitude of riders in 2018 team - a fully committed 1-7 is what’s needed and I thought the club would have learned from last season farce . 

• Like 1

Just now, Haza said:

Definitely not and after last season farce he definitely should have been allowed to move - so much for the positive attitude of riders in 2018 team - a fully committed 1-7 is what’s needed and I thought the club would have learned from last season farce . 

Learnt haven’t learnt have they!?  Even if rose signs I doubt he’d want to be here aswell  considering his ties  with holder 

2 minutes ago, pubichair said:

Learnt haven’t learnt have they!?  Even if rose signs I doubt he’d want to be here aswell  considering his ties  with holder 

Ties with Holder? Either way its not a positive start from Lynn or Lambert. He is going to really have to deliver this year otherwise there will be serious questions asked about his commitment and the promotions decision making.

24 minutes ago, mrss said:

What is a matter with people? R Lambert is the best young prospect team GB have got  so get off his back. Lewis Kerr was appealing for funds for bikes but no one jumped on his back. I am pleased Rob will be a Star again. 

That's pretty typical  on here.Lambert is getting all the bashing,whilst nobody has mentioned a thing about Kerr appealing for funds after enjoying a family holiday to Dubai.

Anyway i like to think positive and hope those two do a good job for Lynn,which i have no doubt they will try to do so.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That's pretty typical  on here.Lambert is getting all the bashing,whilst nobody has mentioned a thing about Kerr appealing for funds after enjoying a family holiday to Dubai.

Anyway i like to think positive and hope those two do a good job for Lynn,which i have no doubt they will try to do so.

Main difference with Kerr he isn’t  or wasn’t looking for a way out of the club like Lambert - he clearly doesn’t want to be there - that’s my issue not that he’s looking for sponsors to fund new bikes it’s that he wanted to move and was blocked. 

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Main difference with Kerr he isn’t  or wasn’t looking for a way out of the club like Lambert - he clearly doesn’t want to be there - that’s my issue not that he’s looking for sponsors to fund new bikes it’s that he wanted to move and was blocked. 

Hang on a minute,a few years ago Kerr was never going to ride for the Stars again.

Just now, tellboy said:

Hang on a minute,a few years ago Kerr was never going to ride for the Stars again.

And who’s to say he will this season ? 

Lambert to me comes across like he wants to be a winner.   The team at Lynn in the last few seasons hasn't met those expectations.   IF Lambert is in a team that looks like it can do something then I think he will do more than his fair share.   If its another season of mediocrity ( I'm being kind here)  then I can see Lambert having a few issues and going 'missing'   Then again the same could apply to a lot of the fans..... Buster seems as though he has passed the baton on to the inexperienced ( In Speedway terms)  Brundle.  Lynn fans lets hope he can deliver.  I guess if it all goes ** up again this season then the Buster can say... It wasn't me

Reality setting in after touting himself to other clubs where sponsorship is good - but being turned down!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

The Lambert article in this weeks Speedway Star indicates he has agreed to ride for the Stars this year only,  but it also says he didn't want to ,  He wanted to go elsewhere but his hands were tied...       It also said he would be riding old equipment because he needed additional sponsors to finance new machinery.    

As a Stars supporter,   it wasn't good reading at all,  he appears to be moaning about all and sundry, instead of being happy and looking forward to the new season.     I read it as though he cant wait to leave..........           

It read to me as if this was a young, ambitious sportsman, keen to be all that he could be in his career. Give the guy a break!

Nothing out of order in that article at all. I found it refreshingly honest, clear and considered. Look forward to watching him entertain us again in 2018.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

It read to me as if this was a young, ambitious sportsman, keen to be all that he could be in his career. Give the guy a break!

Nothing out of order in that article at all. I found it refreshingly honest, clear and considered. Look forward to watching him entertain us again in 2018.

Absolutely so let him move on .

53 minutes ago, Haza said:

And who’s to say he will this season ? 

We will see over the next few weeks i guess.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ties with Holder? Either way its not a positive start from Lynn or Lambert. He is going to really have to deliver this year otherwise there will be serious questions asked about his commitment and the promotions decision making.

Meant more friendship wise with Holder lol

Edited by pubichair
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Absolutely so let him move on .

Yeah, because getting rid of our best riders worked out so well last season?!? 

After the shambles of last season, you cannot blame any rider for thinking twice about riding for Stars in 2018. I'll be honest, I have considered not going to watch them - last season was THAT bad.

Let's hope that after a successful season in a well run and well supported team that Robert WANTS to sign up again for the Stars in 2019. That would be a result for all concerned.