British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

12 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Yeah, because getting rid of our best riders worked out so well last season?!? 

After the shambles of last season, you cannot blame any rider for thinking twice about riding for Stars in 2018. I'll be honest, I have considered not going to watch them - last season was THAT bad.

Let's hope that after a successful season in a well run and well supported team that Robert WANTS to sign up again for the Stars in 2019. That would be a result for all concerned.

But if they don’t want to be there it’s Best they are moved on for everyone. 

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

That’s not how it comes across to me. It’s just his perspective as a rider and that’s fair enough. We all know the asset system is rubbish and holds riders to ransom.

3 hours ago, mrss said:

What is a matter with people? R Lambert is the best young prospect team GB have got  so get off his back. Lewis Kerr was appealing for funds for bikes but no one jumped on his back. I am pleased Rob will be a Star again. 

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I agree. Yes, he's complained a bit but its hardly new and probably represents what most riders think. Its hardly damning stuff.

Exactly these. Lots if predictable OTT stuff on here but I quite like the honesty of the article. He's not saying he's not happy at Lynn, just that he thinks some time away will benefit his career and its hard to disagree. He is also bang on about the asset system. And the sponsorship bits are quite common this time of year, pretty much every rider is looking for backing.

Glad he is back with the Stars, and he may well feel differently this time next year. If not he will go elsewhere with my best wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly these. Lots if predictable OTT stuff on here but I quite like the honesty of the article. He's not saying he's not happy at Lynn, just that he thinks some time away will benefit his career and its hard to disagree. He is also bang on about the asset system. And the sponsorship bits are quite common this time of year, pretty much every rider is looking for backing.

Glad he is back with the Stars, and he may well feel differently this time next year. If not he will go elsewhere with my best wishes.

Just highlights though state of the sport in this Country, when the biggest Young individual talent we have in UK cannot (at this stage) secure sufficient sponsorship to finance new equip for him for 2018.

Its a different World when the likes of Leon Madsen (you remember that 5/6 point rider from years ago) has just announced a tie up with Mercedes Czestochowa.

We really are on different planets in the sport. Then you look at the problems at the old Coventry track and the video released today flwg the fire with the gypos having set fire to the place. You think Jeez - just bulldoze the place and build on it. Leave us all with the memories of happier days in the sport. Not the shell and bombsite it is now.

You think where is it all heading for UK Speedway ???? - Maybe we are heading for a one league system ultimately and will be a breeding ground for riders making their way in the sport and journeymen.

Im a bit disappointed he hasn't towed the company line. At the end of the season he was pretty open about wanting to move on. He could have handed in a request then. Mind you 12 months is along time and should he have a good season he may choose to stay on if all these other things work out. The article is slap in the face in terms of the media plan for the promotion too. If the ink isn't dry we should maybe reconsider.

thinking who else is about though, kk? Zengotta? Sundstrom? When you think of it like this. The 1 over 8 rule isactually a hindrance when you think of the guys who could have been available, in a parallel universe 1 from Swindon, 1 from Poole if the magic rumours were true. Possibly 3 from wolves if pp woffy Freddie and Jacob were all in uk speedway. 

The riders available could have been holder, batch, Schlien, bjerre, . . . Funny really. Bjarne Pedersen name your price (I gist) 

• Thanks 1

Forgive me for my feelings towards Lambert, but to harp on about sponsors and equipment shows a lack of professionalism .     When the season ends  all top riders make the sponsorship business their first concern.  They all want to be assured the deals are in place to cover most of the expected expenses.     If someone like Lambert, who is regarded  as the best English hope,  is  struggling for support, something is drastically amiss.  

However,   probably it was my up-bringing , but airing ones washing in public is not the behaviour, you expect from a member of the exclusive top earners in the sport, and I feel  this information should be kept private.     Pleading poverty doesn't do the sport or anybody any good..       

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 4

People keep knocking R Lambert about his article in the ss but the person to blame for all of this is Buster Chapman for being his usual pig headed self.

12 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Forgive me for my feelings towards Lambert, but to harp on about sponsors and equipment shows a lack of professionalism .     When the season ends  all top riders make the sponsorship business their first concern.  They all want to be assured the deals are in place to cover most of the expected expenses.     If someone like Lambert, who is regarded  as the best English hope,  is  struggling for support, something is drastically amiss.  

However,   probably it was my up-bringing , but airing ones washing in public is not the behaviour, you expect from a member of the exclusive top earners in the sport, and I feel  this information should be kept private.     Pleading poverty doesn't do the sport or anybody any good..       

The sponsorship thing isn’t what gets me it’s the fact he wanted away from the club but was blocked- last season we had a rider that obviously didn’t want to be at the club and it all ended in tears - my worry is we are going down the exact same route . 

15 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Of course he did also make it public that he may not even stay in UK in 2018.

Doesn't he now live in Germany with his Girlfriend. Maybe he had intentions to live abroad and take no part in KL or UK thus perhaps didn't bother to seek out Sponsorship in UK for 2018 ??

Just an opinion.

sounds to me like he was told he could leave but would be a full transfer as he was part of the planned team and he didnt want to risk  no one offering to buy his contract.. bit like Matt Ford telling holder he could leave if someone paid for him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

It read to me as if this was a young, ambitious sportsman, keen to be all that he could be in his career. Give the guy a break!

Nothing out of order in that article at all. I found it refreshingly honest, clear and considered. Look forward to watching him entertain us again in 2018.

I'm sure he is ambitious,he should be..He clearly wanted away,thats fine.But it seems he's is hinting that Buster might of stalled on team building or not let him talk to other teams until it was to late or the interested teams filled the place..I'm sure if he was allowed to talk to other teams he wouldn't of mentioned he might have to use old bikes and that he hopes they don't breakdown when doing a deal..At best he needs a PR person,at worst,he's having a dig and his heart isn't in it.If I was Buster I wouldn't be pleased..A well maintained 2017 motor will be as reliable as a well maintained 2018 motor..

I might be in the minority ,but think Lambo's 2018 season at Lynn might not go to smoothly..I hope i'm wrong.My glass might be half empty.We shall see.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Very poor article that did nothing to promote the rider, club or sport. Lost marketing opportunity for all.

In my opinion there are several that could learn from the ‘Team Bickley’ promotional / marketing strategy. Spot on. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DWP said:

That’s for the compliment. But I am only looking after Nicklas in Poland, Denmark and Sweden. Plus with plans to move from West Norfolk to France myself in 2018 will only come to Lynn on the odd occasion. 

I am sure that Nicklas realises he is lucky to have you in his corner. Mick Brattley did a similar job for Hans when he was at Peterborough, & even sorting flights, etc out was a near full time job for him. Must add that Mick also had a full time job as well. Are you planning to retire in France David ?

Lambert and Kerr first ones announced then,well after T.J that is.Kerr at reserve by the looks of it 

Edited by tellboy

11 hours ago, Haza said:

And who’s to say he will this season ? 

He has now been confirmed;)