British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

So a 7 point average rider on £400 a point over 28 league matches makes £78,400 minus costs of £30,900, leaving £47,500 for seven months work provided he stays injury free.

You can see why sub-7 pointers need doubling up and the better riders aspire to another £200k in Poland/Sweden.

£400 a point ?????? Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I cant help thinking Lambert has this attitude problem,  that's not conducive with communicating with people.     Always keen to confront contentious comments from the crowd ,  a behaviour more suited to lesser lights.   He has to realise, most place him on a pedestal and expect a bit of servility.     He is good enough to walk around with an air of confidence, a presence  you only get when you reach that quality level.      I haven't seen this in Lambert yet,   mostly its a solemn face  showing worry and concern.    I appreciate not everybody is built the same way,   but being a professional in any sport you have to appear aloft and confident,  telling your opponents you are more than ready.  

I was disappointed at the article in the Speedway Star.    I wanted to read that Lambert had again signed for the Stars and was looking forward to the coming season. I wanted read how happy he was,   how confident he was of doing well,   and his positive views on the assembled team.    But all I read was how negativity his views were of the sport, and putting excuses in place for when they were needed..  

Sure, the asset system is wrong and dated, but this was not the place or time to put emphasis on it .      His sponsorship is also a private matter ,  I am at a lost why he decided to opinionate that.   He has never openly declared his previous deals with the public, so why include it in this article unless he was putting excuses in place...

I've got no problems with Lambert earning big money,   but he needs to start scoring big every time.          

You can tell Lambert does not by choice wants to be at Lynn, not good for fans or himself, but his hands are tied.

IMO the faster he can get away from Lynn the better

I think the Robert Lambert knocking has been done enough now. It's time to move on and look forward to the start of the season. And to the announcement of the final 4 riders.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sommelier said:

You can tell Lambert does not by choice wants to be at Lynn, not good for fans or himself, but his hands are tied.

IMO the faster he can get away from Lynn the better

That is as may be but it's unlikely to be until 2019 now, perhaps over the next few months things will change with a new promoter on board and if he has a breakthrough season he may not feel the need to be elsewhere. A lot can happen in twelve months, rather than predicting doom and gloom let's just see what happens.

• Like 2

Ok so Robert here for the season now cant say if i am happy or sad about it but you never know after this year he mite be glad he stayed but then if he wants to go let him go .

Has Kim Nillson got a team place in Britian this season? He would be a decent signing on a 7 .56 average.

You have to wonder what on earth Lynn will do if Iversen doesnt end up riding for them next season...

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You have to wonder what on earth Lynn will do if Iversen doesnt end up riding for them next season...

Drop to Championship :wink:

Piotr pawlicki could be an option maybe. Seemed he was open to the idea of riding in the uk. Freddie lindgren. Aj. zagar. The 1 over 8 rule has meant there are riders still out there. Could go for stronger riders than the Dane people are talking about and manzarez. It's not ideal but maybe for example

lambert, toft, jorgensen, worrall, gomolski, Kerr, rose 

not ideal though

I think it's too late for that now.  No doubt it was a consideration, one that had to have serious thought.     Probably at the fans forum, Buster will enlighten the fan, all the reasons why we stayed in the top division,      probably it was became a condition of having  Brundle on board,    probably he had this assurance that Niels will be back, who knows.       

When looking back over the years,  the majority of matches that are remembered are always those with close neighbours.     Local derbies  were the highlights of the year and created so much passion and excitement.    Most of these derbies were packed out with many fans travelling away to the nearby venues....    When we done home and away on the same day, the roads resembled a massive convoy.   Horns blowing, flag waving, banner in the back windows,     sure was wonderful times and  great memories.         

I've got nothing against teams like    Poole, Swindon, Somerset, Wolves,  or BelleVue,   I've visited them all many times,   but these distances represent a step too far to travel for the working man, for those midweek fixtures.  so any thoughts of getting many away visitors is mostly pie in the sky .  It wont happen.    

In these troubles times,  we need to run a viable structure that could work in making the club more appealing.      I am in no doubt,  Stars matches  against the Panthers or the Witches , would draw a bigger crowd then ones against  say Poole or  Wolves,     Likewise ,  I cannot see the Stars being much of a draw down South.    So had the ideal of local rivalry been uppermost  when thinking of the season ahead,    probably,  everybody could have more of them local derbies....    

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

I think it's too late for that now.  No doubt it was a consideration, one that had to have serious thought.     Probably at the fans forum, Buster will enlighten the fan, all the reasons why we stayed in the top division,      probably it was became a condition of having  Brundle on board,    probably he had this assurance that Niels will be back, who knows.       

When looking back over the years,  the majority of matches that are remembered are always those with close neighbours.     Local derbies  were the highlights of the year and created so much passion and excitement.    Most of these derbies were packed out with many fans travelling away to the nearby venues....    When we done home and away on the same day, the roads resembled a massive convoy.   Horns blowing, flag waving, banner in the back windows,     sure was wonderful times and  great memories.         

I've got nothing against teams like    Poole, Swindon, Somerset, Wolves,  or BelleVue,   I've visited them all many times,   but these distances represent a step too far to travel for the working man, for those midweek fixtures.  so any thoughts of getting many away visitors is mostly pie in the sky .  It wont happen.    

In these troubles times,  we need to run a viable structure that could work in making the club more appealing.      I am in no doubt,  Stars matches  against the Panthers or the Witches , would draw a bigger crowd then ones against  say Poole or  Wolves,     Likewise ,  I cannot see the Stars being much of a draw down South.    So had the ideal of local rivalry been uppermost  when thinking of the season ahead,    probably,  everybody could have more of them local derbies....    

The biggest crowd during my tenure was vs Coventry in the elite league when Emil Syvutidnov made his debut. Don't think anything would have come close to beating that since.

The second biggest was against Poole in the elite league on a good Friday when the turbo twins were spearheading them.

In the league below (premier when we was in it) the crowds against Ipswich and Sheffield were always good, and rest of the matches were pretty consistent week in week out. However they did grow considerably in the semi finals and finals of competitions no matter who we were against.

Edited by jchapman

34 minutes ago, jchapman said:

The biggest crowd during my tenure was vs Coventry in the elite league when Emil Syvutidnov made his debut. Don't think anything would have come close to beating that since.

The second biggest was against Poole in the elite league on a good Friday when the turbo twins were spearheading them.

In the league below (premier when we was in it) the crowds against Ipswich and Sheffield were always good, and rest of the matches were pretty consistent week in week out. However they did grow considerably in the semi finals and finals of competitions no matter who we were against.

We never rode against Ipswich in the old Premier League.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

We never rode against Ipswich in the old Premier League.

only an early season challenge match if that counts 

35 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

only an early season challenge match if that counts 

Don't count as jchapman did distinctly say in the old PL:approve:

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

I was at both of them matches, and yes there were good turnouts,    But they didn't come close to them derby matches when John Berry came to town.    You struggled to find standing room in those days.    home or away.....