British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hope Folder wont try and influence his team mates,when it's grippy.Typical Poole fan.Lynn might drop down yet.If Puk don't come on board.That would be ok for you also.Poole would be top of almost nothing lol.Poole v Poole.You would win

That would not surprise me if we pulled out of the league Iversen doesn’t or isn’t able to sign - I’ve said all winter that waiting on one rider could prove costly  . As Lynnboy has said Richie Worral would have been a good signing instead of Proctor - dissapointing line up . 

• Like 1

Please!! Whats with all the negativity, the season hasn't even started yet! How about welcoming Ty to Lynn instead of writing him off before a wheel has turned. Look at the change in Rory, one minute he was the first one off the throttle, next season banging in the big scores (albeit for someone else)! Lets just wait and see what the final team layout is then look forward to hopefully some good racing. If we are Premiership or Championship I don't care, I just want to see some passion for my team again. Come May/June I may be joining the doubters, who knows but at the moment we have to be positive.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stevehone said:

for those wanting more points used higher up and having a 2pt reserve, just think how it was in 2017, and this years reserves are going to be so much better.

i don't mind Ty Proctor being at KL, i saw him for Workington a couple of times last season and one thing i noticed was if he gets wound up he's a totally different rider, so we need someone that can really get the best out of him.

Better get someone instead of Allitt then 

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

have Hope Folder wont try and influence his team mates,when it's grippy.Typical Poole fan.Lynn might drop down yet.If Puk don't come on board.That would be ok for you also.Poole would be top of almost nothing lol.Poole v Poole.You would win

You cant knock other teams like Poole  just because we name a suspect team.    I'm not a lover of Matt Ford's  idealism,  nor his perpetual rule bending,  but you cant argue  about the teams he put together.    Every year they are in the mix with a chance of winning.     Probably if we followed their philosophy,   'The Stars' would appeal to more supporters then we do at present and recreate those exciting night we use to enjoy.   

I haven't seen anything yet that suggest 2018 will be any different then us making the numbers up.      

• Like 4

So the team will look something like this? 

1, Iversen

2, Proctor

3, Jorgensen 

4, Rose

5, Lambert

6, Kerr

7, Andersen.

For me a decent top 2 and strong at reserve and even more so if the young Dane does ok. Middle order a bit weak but having said that i do rate Jorgensen and he might step up to that 3rd heat leader role. Don't think that team will make the play offs.

Really hope Ty does well.  His racing style is all action! He apears to be working heavily on his fitness this winter. Big year for him.

Looks Like 2 Heat Leaders and 5  2nd strings is how we will line-up.    Works  for me...  Lets perhaps leave the glass half empty ideals until we get 3/4 meetings into the season and see how we pitch up against what else is on offer.   Can see improvement coming from the likes of Rose and Lambert, only need maybe one other to step up and we could be onto something.  

• Like 2

Ty Proctor likes to help out in the pits, so is probably a good team man. Think his shoulder/neck injury was a problem for a long time, that kind of thing often takes a long time to get resolved and its something that adversely affects speedway riders with the physical demands the bikes put on those areas of the body.

5 hours ago, semion said:

With the Lambert, Rose,Kerr, TJ and Procter all onboard what does it leave for the remaining 2?

13.38 I think

5 hours ago, Haza said:

That would not surprise me if we pulled out of the league Iversen doesn’t or isn’t able to sign - I’ve said all winter that waiting on one rider could prove costly  . As Lynnboy has said Richie Worral would have been a good signing instead of Proctor - dissapointing line up . 

Richie instead of Ty wouldn't leave enough points for NKI if Anderson has signed on a 4.00 though.Buster must know his number 1 ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, s15but said:

Please!! Whats with all the negativity, the season hasn't even started yet! How about welcoming Ty to Lynn instead of writing him off before a wheel has turned. Look at the change in Rory, one minute he was the first one off the throttle, next season banging in the big scores (albeit for someone else)! Lets just wait and see what the final team layout is then look forward to hopefully some good racing. If we are Premiership or Championship I don't care, I just want to see some passion for my team again. Come May/June I may be joining the doubters, who knows but at the moment we have to be positive.

I thought Kenny Bjerre was on a bargain ave at the start of 2017.Rory,not so.Im so glad he proved me wrong.It was good to see him banging in the points again after that horrible injury.

• Like 1

Ty Proctor is a good rider! He was just as good as TJ in the workington team last year! TJ had one of those purple patches of form when he joined KL last season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Proctor averages higher than TJ in the premiership this season! 

15 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hope Folder wont try and influence his team mates,when it's grippy.Typical Poole fan.Lynn might drop down yet.If Puk don't come on board.That would be ok for you also.Poole would be top of almost nothing lol.Poole v Poole.You would win

I don't think they can drop down after the rules and teams have been decided.

8 hours ago, Haza said:

Hold on a minute. TP hasn't made his debut yet and he is already being slated. Are we going to have him being slagged off over the next three months before he has even raced? Give the guy a chance. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1