Kings Lynn 2018..

Anyone got anything good to say :) 

47 minutes ago, Greg said:

Things can only get better?

44 minutes ago, Greg said:

As said before,

Initial target for any team is to TRY and get into top 4 and also offer entertaining speedway. If KL get NKI back that in itself is a bonus on 2017. Assuming he maintains form as he is returning from injury but his class in this watered down Prem should shine through.

If things are not going so great with 1/2 of the riders come the first GSA's at the end of May/early June then I am sure Chapman and the joint promotion would look to make possible changes.

Remember that plenty were writing off Swindon this time last year about being too weak - looking more like wooden spoonists etc.

I think it is important that KL do get NKI and hopefully the Poles will lift the max 3 League rule (hope so as my team Poole also banking on a rider - Linus Sundstrom who is also getting bored with the delay on his twitter).

I am also not over impressed at first sighting on maybe 1/2 of the KL riders . However nothing is won in Jan. Let's see how things look come say middle of May. By which time I am sure KL will have already started to put moves in place should any riders not be performing.

17 hours ago, stevehone said:

for those wanting more points used higher up and having a 2pt reserve, just think how it was in 2017, and this years reserves are going to be so much better.

i don't mind Ty Proctor being at KL, i saw him for Workington a couple of times last season and one thing i noticed was if he gets wound up he's a totally different rider, so we need someone that can really get the best out of him.

He guested for us and was surprised how good he was. Give him a chance guys.

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Richie instead of Ty wouldn't leave enough points for NKI if Anderson has signed on a 4.00 though.Buster must know his number 1 ;)

Are you sure it's not gino?

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think they can drop down after the rules and teams have been decided.

Would have to find several new riders then, as some already in championship teams.

The news has sunk in now. Both reserves should be good for 6s and 7s, rose 5-6, lambert 9+ Niels 10+ leaves tj and proctor to get about 10 between them. For me they are the pivotal guys in the team. If they ride well we win meetings. 

33 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

The news has sunk in now. Both reserves should be good for 6s and 7s, rose 5-6, lambert 9+ Niels 10+ leaves tj and proctor to get about 10 between them. For me they are the pivotal guys in the team. If they ride well we win meetings. 

That is banking on NKI being allowed to ride here!

12 hours ago, Haza said:

That would not surprise me if we pulled out of the league Iversen doesn’t or isn’t able to sign - I’ve said all winter that waiting on one rider could prove costly  . As Lynnboy has said Richie Worral would have been a good signing instead of Proctor - dissapointing line up . 

I don't think there's any chance of Lynn dropping down at this stage.The team looked  poor when Kerr and Proctor was revealed by the EDP. With Robin Brundle on board I thought Lynn might make a big push in 2018.Hope Ty and the new  reserve does a TJ for us .I just mentioned it in reply to Steve Shovlar's comment of.......

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to our visits to Kings Lynn in 2018.  Won’t need a dodgy track this time. Trouble is, every other team will be looking forward to their trips there as well!

Shocking looking lineup. Proctor? Come on!

Not saying it's wrong,but after last seasons troubles miffed me off a tad.

44 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

One of our reserves looks like being either Manzares or Anderson and imo can’t see either one of them getting 6points on a regular basis especially away from home.

Like you though after having the afternoon to think about it I don’t think things will be as bad as I first thought. Both Lewis Rose and Kerr along with Robert TJ and Ty will increase their starting average plus if our no1 is NKI I think he is more than capable of putting about half a point on his average so I don’t think it’s going to be all doom and gloom 

I realise that everybody has their own opinion on the subject but come the start of the season I hope ALL stars fans get behind the team and give ALL the riders plenty of support.

As with all teams in their respective sports ,  I try to evaluate the riders / players  with  other teams .  Which other top teams are clamouring for their services.     In this case I look at the possibility of each of our signings , riding for say  Poole , or Wolves,    Belle Vue and more recently  Swindon.     Would they believe that each of them riders are the best about on their average, and/or capable of scoring more than.    I doubt it....    The  history book of the STARS winning  something,  is not good reading,  so taking a leaf from other teams that are successful,  ought be the first step  forward... ......

Probably Lambert would the only rider that EVERY club would want to sign.. ...   Potentially and Capability he is up there with the best of them.       No doubt, some would want Niels depending how their team is made up.   There might be one or two offers for team Lewis  and  Jorgensen,     but not one club or promoter has mentioned Proctor. That in itself speaks volumes.   I remember him from years back,  his bad meetings out numbered his good ones.   When we are expecting to incorporate a new Danish rider at reserve, we need to be solid in them other positions.     They say this new boy Andersen comes with pedigree, but they said that about, Porsing, and Huckenbeck,  and other new riders..., and they all found it hard to consistently score well.      Riding on new tracks of various shapes and sizes,  I cant imagine he will find it easy....  This has to be a signing for the future...

I wish I could be more positive, but all I see is yet another season  making up the numbers.....        

But that won't stop me going and shouting from the rooftops.....           My wife has often called my devotion to speedway mad,          I'm beginning to think she maybe right ...:shock: 

Will see how the season starts before criticising the side, we've got to at least give them a chance. Proctor wouldn't have been my first choice, but at least give him a fair crack of the whip. Also most of us haven't got a real idea about what to expect from Kasper Andersen. If he comes in and clicks at reserve, the dynamics of the team changes.

The one thing I do hope is that if things aren't working, we are proactive with making changes. The promotion do seem overly loyal/patient with underperforming riders at times. Poole & Swindon both spring to mind in being good at strengthening during the season. We tend to limp along until changes are forced upon us through injury.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Speedball said:

The one thing I do hope is that if things aren't working, we are proactive with making changes. The promotion do seem overly loyal/patient with underperforming riders at times. Poole & Swindon both spring to mind in being good at strengthening during the season. We tend to limp along until changes are forced upon us through injury.

Exactly this. We need to be ruthless if riders are underperforming, should be easier to make changes with separate race nights this year.

Will of course give Proctor every chance, hopefully he will prove me very wrong. This team needs a couple of riders to stick at least a point on their average and have a 'breakthrough' season to have a chance of top four, as unlikely as it seems Swindon did it last year when unfancied so you never know.

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

I wish I could be more positive

You wouldn't know know where to start............ dipstick!

Nevertheless, I'll give you a clue.................. turn your head around 180⁰ so that you are looking forward ................rather than continually gazing into the past!

Ahhhh ............. them were the days!!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

You wouldn't know know where to start............ dipstick!

Nevertheless, I'll give you a clue.................. turn your head around 180⁰ so that you are looking forward ................rather than continually gazing into the past!

Ahhhh ............. them were the days!!!!!!!! 

So you think every King's Lynn fan  should say well that side looks great can't wait to the start of the season the play/offs here we come.!!!!!!You need to get real five months to build a side the communication side of thing's from the club has been atrocious and anyone can see that side will struggle without changes i  hope i am wrong though.

• Thanks 2

Poole have the same problem with signing Sundstrom  as KL has with Iversen 3 League Polish rule - I hope both clubs has a plan B