British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, Haza said:

Poole have the same problem with signing Sundstrom  as KL has with Iversen 3 League Polish rule - I hope both clubs has a plan B 

Pretty sure Matt Ford will have.....as for Lynn........not so sure.

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

"I know there are other riders who this has an impact on. It's not for me to reveal other people's teams but I know it is having an effect at King's Lynn.

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I’m not so sure either about Lynn - have heard a rumour that Iversen may drop Danish League eliminating the problem of 3 leagues polish rule but am not sure he will be allowed to do this - and he has to keep his Danish sponsors happy . 

Sadly waiting on a rider has proved costly in the past let’s hope it doesn’t this time . 

17 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'm sure Lynn will have one but the quality of our plan B compared to Poole's is likely to be quite different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm sure Lynn will have one but the quality of our plan B compared to Poole's is likely to be quite different.

What do you think Bagpuss without Puk? unthinkable really even with him the season is going to be a struggle.

You are probably looking at a seven ish and a six ish without Iversen meaning Lambert at one and the two Lewis's at reserve. Something like

Lambert

Proctor

Jorgensen

Palm Toft

Worrall

Kerr

Rose

Not good.

No way should Lynn be allowed that team. If Buster was instrumental in the one eight point rider, denying two to at least three clubs, he should be made to sign Bjerre, Lindgren or another, rather than fob off the fans and the rest of the league with budget also-rans.

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

No way should Lynn be allowed that team. If Buster was instrumental in the one eight point rider, denying two to at least three clubs, he should be made to sign Bjerre, Lindgren or another, rather than fob off the fans and the rest of the league with budget also-rans.

Woah there Nelly! Was just my opinion. 

Chances are Iversen will line up anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He shouldn't be allowed to sign Iversen. He should have to sign Bjerre or Lindgren as he forced them out of their clubs. Why have the rule otherwise?

That's another argument entirely.

Perhaps rider control should have been adopted to allocate these rides? Personally I wouldn't have the right point rule, and would ensure all riders who have missed at least a season are assessed accordingly and correctly.

Are we sure the right point rule 'forced out' Freddie? Thought it was down to cost also.

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not if the 3 clubs only Polish stays he won’t - id have thought at this stage of the closed season the rules would be set - from what I hear Iversen dropping Denmark is our best bet 

My glass is half full Haza.

8 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

You wouldn't know know where to start............ dipstick!

Nevertheless, I'll give you a clue.................. turn your head around 180⁰ so that you are looking forward ................rather than continually gazing into the past!

Ahhhh ............. them were the days!!!!!!!! 

What a rude person you are.    I'm sorry if my opinion differs to yours, but that is no reason to start calling people names....     That says far more about you than it does me.      For fifty odd years  i have witnessed these assembled teams, so I feel I am qualified to voice an opinion.      Realistic to the end,  i always try to be positive, but in this instance you would have to your head buried not to see what's been put in front of you.      Of all the teams and names announced so far,   ours  must rank amongst the worse.    Take Niels out, and we wouldn't be good enough to win the 2nd division.       Disappointed,  you bet....

At least, in them good ole days we  were in with a shout,.        

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Grachan said:

He shouldn't be allowed to sign Iversen. He should have to sign Bjerre or Lindgren as he forced them out of their clubs. Why have the rule otherwise?

Buster didn't force them out, it was voted in!

Edited by Woz01
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Buster didn't force them out, it was voted in!

He still should not be allowed to sign an 8 point rider from outside the league, regardless of whose daft idea it was.