British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Who said he was too good to ride?

Probably I should've said his averages are too good to be fitted in at reserve

Kings Lynn must be aiming to come bottom it would appear. Lambert clearly doesnt want to be there, then you sign proctor who isnt even very good in the weakest PL we have seen for years. Feel for the fans.

9 hours ago, speedy bill said:

Why sign a dane when Josh Auty who did a good job last year ,inspite of having to ride to many meeting in to many days is a britt looking for a ride ,he needs two teams or he may go out of the sport due to the cost of keeping the bikes up to standard.

Because he is never going to get any better and a new young rider like Andersen has potential to be much better than his assessed average.

1 minute ago, emilali said:

Kings Lynn must be aiming to come bottom it would appear. Lambert clearly doesnt want to be there, then you sign proctor who isnt even very good in the weakest PL we have seen for years. Feel for the fans.

Silly to suggest that any team 'aims to come bottom' but the team is obviously built to a tight budget. Would rather be a big fish in a little pond than the other way round but it is what it is and we'll see how things go.

Nobody fancied Swindon this time last year, and I'm not for a minute suggesting this team will win the title, but it could do better than many think if a couple of riders have a breakthrough season. I also accept that most people will think this is the eighth best team in the league, up to the club to prove them wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Doyle would have been at Swindon if a little gang of promoters hadn't ganged together and voted to make sure that the top clubs had to release a rider over 8. I'm sure Jason will be happy at Somerset - and may stay there in the future - but there's no way he would have been there if Somerset and the like hadn't voted for it.

Anyway, the result of the supposed restrictions everyone decided to place on teams is that everyone is going to get stuffed by Poole again. So well done all.

I understand why Swindon did it but it will be gut wrenching when the 2017 world champ comes back to the Abbey with Somerset.Crazy not to have a WC back the following season but again the promoters f.....  up over the crazy only one 8 point man only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Doyle would have been at Swindon if a little gang of promoters hadn't ganged together and voted to make sure that the top clubs had to release a rider over 8. I'm sure Jason will be happy at Somerset - and may stay there in the future - but there's no way he would have been there if Somerset and the like hadn't voted for it.

Anyway, the result of the supposed restrictions everyone decided to place on teams is that everyone is going to get stuffed by Poole again. So well done all.

Take your point and don't necessarily disagree but the reason Poole are head and shoulders above the rest is the failure to reassess riders accurately. Things would be much more even had that been done.

• Like 2

Signing riders on an average achieved  a number of years ago, when they were learning their trade and have clearly now improved is unfair and illogical and works against those riders who have progressed and improved during the same period but continued to ride in the UK. It is a problem which is easily avoidable. All riders should be assessed on their most recent performance. If they have not ridden in the UK the previous season a formula can easily be calculated to convert their Polish, Swedish or any other league average to a UK average. It would be transparent and fair to all, so why isn't it done?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I understand why Swindon did it but it will be gut wrenching when the 2017 world champ comes back to the Abbey with Somerset.Crazy not to have a WC back the following season but again the promoters f.....  up over the crazy only one 8 point man only.

Agree Sidney. A very big thing for me that we lost the World Champ. I never went when Briggo was winning titles. This could have been the moment I'd waited 40 years for.

I know some people think that having the top riders doesn't mean much, but things like this really drains my enthusiasm.

Will Somerset, King's Lynn etc gain as many supporters as Swindon will lose from this rule? I doubt it.

Edited by Grachan

18 hours ago, TooMuchGrip said:

Kasper Andersen not nailed on for no.7 spot. May miss too many Wednesday's due to Danish commitments. Who else could Stars fit in at 7? Manzares mentioned a few times, any one else?

This also applies to NKI and Thomas Jorgensen. Perhaps your riding mondays.

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Your opinion and not fact, you don't know who voted for it and why they voted for it. Could easily have been done as a cost saving measure due to the lack of TV revenue. Isn't that half the reason Morris was picked over Doyle. Rosco was the one to drop him not any other club. I'm sure if someone offered more money he would have dropped Swindon at a snap of his fingers. 

12 minutes ago, rebelwonderkid said:

Your opinion and not fact, you don't know who voted for it and why they voted for it. Could easily have been done as a cost saving measure due to the lack of TV revenue. Isn't that half the reason Morris was picked over Doyle. Rosco was the one to drop him not any other club. I'm sure if someone offered more money he would have dropped Swindon at a snap of his fingers. 

You seem to have a low opinion of your new number one, saying he would have dropped Swindon at the snap of his fingers.

Well, it was the other way round wasn't it?

You may think he is something of a prima donna who is after a large fee. So why would Somerset sign him? Surely they couldn't afford him if he was.

Enjoy having Jason. British speedway doesn't deserve him.

9 minutes ago, Grachan said:

You seem to have a low opinion of your new number one, saying he would have dropped Swindon at the snap of his fingers.

Well, it was the other way round wasn't it?

You may think he is something of a prima donna who is after a large fee. So why would Somerset sign him? Surely they couldn't afford him if he was.

Enjoy having Jason. British speedway doesn't deserve him.

Absolutely not i'm buzzing that we have signed him the same as every Rebel fans is and totally understand how hard it is to have lost him. It was hard when we lost him to Leicester (which the promotion gave their consent to) due to his Visa problems. It's not just Doyle any rider would do the same if they are offered more money elsewhere, same as I would move if I was offered more money to move workplace. Lets face it money is the face of everything. 

Anyway let's give KL their thread back. 

Edited by rebelwonderkid

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Take your point and don't necessarily disagree but the reason Poole are head and shoulders above the rest is the failure to reassess riders accurately. Things would be much more even had that been done.

The issue we Poole fans have is that it always seems to be Poole who are slated for using the rules to their advantage because I don't remember many saying last season that it was wrong to bring in Musielak on a previous average that wasn't relevant to his form. On the other hand if the riders Poole have brought in were re-assessed it wouldn't be worth the risk of using them.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The issue we Poole fans have is that it always seems to be Poole who are slated for using the rules to their advantage because I don't remember many saying last season that it was wrong to bring in Musielak on a previous average that wasn't relevant to his form. On the other hand if the riders Poole have brought in were re-assessed it wouldn't be worth the risk of using them.

This is not a new argument and it's not an anti Poole thing. I and others have raised it previously and it has been discussed on many occasions. The idea of team building points limits is to create a level playing field and the skill should be in selecting riders who are likely to improve their real average not identifying riders who have not ridden here for a few seasons and have an out of date unrealistically low average. To be a level playing field all riders, wherever they have ridden, have to be available on an average that reflects their current ability. 

It was wrong that Musielak was signed on his old average and it would be totally wrong if Drozdz achieves a 4.50 average for Belle Vue this year, becomes an asset and then in 4 years time, when he is a top rider in Poland, we bring him back on that average. It destroys the credibility of team building point limits when some of those points are realistic recently achieved averages and some are plainly not.

• Like 4