British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The problem is, the adult is the one that has to take the junior to the meeting.

If said adult thinks £18 is to much, he and the child misses out. That's the most likely outcome to newbies that they're trying to attract, punishing the regulars that's always been there.

So the adult saves £4 if he takes a junior.A junior that might never go,might get the chance now.I can see an adult with no kid pays a pound more.

Better than keeping last seasons £17 and charging 11-16 year olds £5,for the future of the sport is it not.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Typical speedway, better of with less people to support it :lol:

Have fun

Do you really think your constant criticism is “supporting” speedway ? If so your are sadly deluded.

Thank-you

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

So the adult saves £4 if he takes a junior.A junior that might never go,might get the chance now.I can see an adult with no kid pays a pound more.

Better than keeping last seasons £17 and charging 11-16 year olds £5,for the good of the sport is it not.

It seems you're not understanding. 

The club are trying to attract a new fan. If it's just the usual adult who always goes just this time with 2 kids instead of 0 the club makes a loss.

They're chasing new adults to bring kids in for the future.

This initiative is doomed to fail, I have no doubt 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The problem is, the adult is the one that has to take the junior to the meeting.

If said adult thinks £18 is to much, he and the child misses out. That's the most likely outcome to newbies that they're trying to attract, punishing the regulars that's always been there.

Erm it would be cheaper than it was last year if they are 11 plus! You can tell youre not a parent, you wouldn' stop going speedway or any other sport with your child if the cost went up £1 once every few years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Do you really think your constant criticism is “supporting” speedway ? If so your are sadly deluded.

Thank-you

Doesn't matter how big a fan someone is, there's always a point that breaks that passion.

Last season did that for me and I have every right to complain if I don't believe things have improved. 

In my opinion, there doesn't look to be any improvement for 2018 so I'm complaining about it

Thank-You

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

Erm it would be cheaper than it was last year if they are 11 plus! You can tell youre not a parent, you wouldn' stop going speedway or any other sport with your child if the cost went up £1 once every few years. 

Another one that doesn't get it, and yes I am a parent thanks :t:

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Another one that doesn't get it, and yes I am a parent thanks :t:

With none in the 11-16 bracket?

32 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'm not in favour of people being positive when it costs me money:P Call me selfish but I'm honest:D

As I said NKI doesn't excite me, I acknowledge he's good but sorry he's no Nicki P, Gollob or even Jason Doyle. I've never cared whether Lynn won or lost I just want to be entertained and the present set up doesn't give me that.

When was the last time you came regularly?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Typical speedway, better of with less people to support it :lol:

Have fun

By your remarks on here you do seem to encourage it yourself.

• Like 2

18 pounds doesn't attract new adults. Price has put my mates off in the past. But I think things are going to be ok. It's a shame the announcer from last year left though. He was good at running events like tonight. I liked some of the things robin was saying. He's a good talker. If he can make these plans he's saying work in terms of diet/training then it will be interesting to see how the riders improve. He was right in saying be more positive about the sport because it will influence the outside medias view. If a potential sponsor was to ever come on the forum I'm pretty sure the negativity at times would dissuade them. I know everybody is entitled to an opinion but we do all have a part to play. 

I think if we are challenging for the play offs then we will be doing well. I think it's a team build with progression in mind. Wouldn't be surprised if many of these riders are here for a couple of seasons

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Doesn't matter how big a fan someone is, there's always a point that breaks that passion.

Last season did that for me and I have every right to complain if I don't believe things have improved. 

In my opinion, there doesn't look to be any improvement for 2018 so I'm complaining about it

Thank-You

Isn't complaining,moaning:wink:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Thank-You

Have you complained. Surely a complaint would be contacting the company. If it's just on here it's moaning. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

doesn't matter how big a fan someone is, there's always a point that breaks that passion.

Thank-You

Folder and *natch ruined Lynns 2017.Was in a play off position at the time.

NKI back.Only 2nd best to Doyle.2nd best rider in the league.Brundle on board,don't know his input yet(but it can't be worse).Promotion to encouraged to take kids.

I admit I don't think Lynn is as strong as I would of liked,and I have said so,but how many teams do you think would of like NKI.He ain't cheap !!

Your mind seems made up.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Danny Connor said:

18 pounds doesn't attract new adults. Price has put my mates off in the past. But I think things are going to be ok. It's a shame the announcer from last year left though. He was good at running events like tonight. I liked some of the things robin was saying. He's a good talker. If he can make these plans he's saying work in terms of diet/training then it will be interesting to see how the riders improve. He was right in saying be more positive about the sport because it will influence the outside medias view. If a potential sponsor was to ever come on the forum I'm pretty sure the negativity at times would dissuade them. I know everybody is entitled to an opinion but we do all have a part to play. 

I think if we are challenging for the play offs then we will be doing well. I think it's a team build with progression in mind. Wouldn't be surprised if many of these riders are here for a couple of seasons

Thought it was a good meeting.Robin Brundle certainly came across very well.As did young Andersen.Didn't realise Proctor had such a bad injury as he did a few years ago.They all came across well i thought.

Not surprised at all what Buster said about promoters getting into little groups to vote certain things through.And that he still feels they need somebody independant of speedway.

People moan about it going up a £1,but unfortunately that's life everything goes up,not just speedway.

The only downside tonight was Ipswich not wanting to do a home and away challenge on Good Friday.