British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Points,  have no fear, if I don't like what I see I sure wont be returning. Always One to give people a second chance after last years totally unprofessional scenario during and following the Poole meeting.  Buster has a lot of bridges to mend, and charging people a quid extra doesn't smack of trying to entice those back he had previously lost.  Kids for free, great idea, but keeping what he has is equally important.  If there  is no today, there sure has hell aint no tomorrow.  Plus with the negative vibe seemingly coming out with this years line-up is Buster going to attract the Floating supporter ? Still with Brundle coming in as the new messiah and Young M/S Chapman coming in t to keep  and eye on all things,  Buster still has a firm hand on the rudder. :wink:

1 minute ago, semion said:

Points,  have no fear, if I don't like what I see I sure wont be returning. Always One to give people a second chance after last years totally unprofessional scenario during and following the Poole meeting.  Buster has a lot of bridges to mend, and charging people a quid extra doesn't smack of trying to entice those back he had previously lost.  Kids for free, great idea, but keeping what he has is equally important.  If there  is no today, there sure has hell aint no tomorrow.  Plus with the negative vibe seemingly coming out with this years line-up is Buster going to attract the Floating supporter ? Still with Brundle coming in as the new messiah and Young M/S Chapman coming in t to keep  and eye on all things,  Buster still has a firm hand on the rudder. :wink:

More important to find new fans, maintain the current fan base isn't enough to maintain the sport. Especially without a TV deal. 

9 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Utter drivel.

That just about sums up your mentality.   You come on here  rubbishing  posters who dare to offer an opinion, that contravenes yours.    You call people names , and bludgeon them with your  shallow  vision.     

I went to the meeting last night, as I regularly do ,  and take on board that was said.   I wont bother you with my feelings, either the good ones nor the bad.    I spoke  with Buster and he had no problems with some of the points I aired..  He actually agreed with one or 2 things and said he valued  input from people who can see beyond  the obvious.

There are seasoned posters here this morning  who see things different than you,  Because they can see,  both good and bad of situations , their opinion are far more valuable than those who only see one way.    I suggest you get off that box ,   stop  judging people  and see them for who they are. 

Our team may not be good enough to win the league,    but there's nothing more off putting   than  being dictated to,    by menials  

Did anything get mentioned about the poor racing and is buster going to do anything with the track to make it better? Eg. Proper shale 

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Apparently it was said last night that some tracks will be charging £20 for admission, absolutely bonkers.

:o the reaction of those clubs will be interesting.

Edit: Just had a quick cheak of the other clubs and it looks like Buster has tried to pull the wool over people's eyes again.

Every team has held their price with Somerset and Leicester holding theirs at £17 

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

When was the last time you came regularly?

To every meeting probably 5 years, once a month probably three years. In that time I found other interests and just to compare and contrast (OU habits die hard:D)

Price for approx 2 hours - 10 pin bowling £10 speedway £15 (ave over 5 years)

10 pin always open and running, speedway depends on the weather.

Drinks prices about the same, service levels differ (saying nothing else)

Fast food available and prices similar (as above)

Staff friendly and welcoming - 10 pin yes, speedway a half smile if you are lucky.

10 pin good company, reasonable music in background, speedway most friends no longer go music questionable if audible at all above tractors

Result 10 pin - I'm rubbish, speedway - you choose:D

10 pin non stop entertainment (you have to see my technique to appreciate the comedy value), speedway 2-3 decent races lasting 2-3 minutes if you are lucky.

VFM no contest 

I'm not trying to convert anyone just saying there are alternatives and when VFM and entertainment value is taken into account, speedway comes out poorly in comparision.

I still love speedway, a 50+ year habit is hard to break completely, but when choices have to be made re time, effort and money spent, my choice differs from yours. I wish things would change but can you or anyone tell me what was announced last night that will enhance the spectator experience? Cos I read nothing that comes close. It's all very well riders doing fitness camps/training camps etc but there are 8 teams in the league and one of them will be bottom regardless of fitness/training etc. Professional sportsmen should be fit of their own accord, after all someone has to pay for all this fitness/training etc maybe that's where the extra pound is going:P.

Tellboy I doubt we will agree over this, but I respect the fact you don't resort to name calliingn which is why I've answered you. Enjoy your speedway in 2018.

Edited by Star Lady

14 minutes ago, g13webb said:

That just about sums up your mentality.   You come on here  rubbishing  posters who dare to offer an opinion, that contravenes yours.    You call people names , and bludgeon them with your  shallow  vision.     

I went to the meeting last night, as I regularly do ,  and take on board that was said.   I wont bother you with my feelings, either the good ones nor the bad.    I spoke  with Buster and he had no problems with some of the points I aired..  He actually agreed with one or 2 things and said he valued  input from people who can see beyond  the obvious.

There are seasoned posters here this morning  who see things different than you,  Because they can see,  both good and bad of situations , their opinion are far more valuable than those who only see one way.    I suggest you get off that box ,   stop  judging people  and see them for who they are. 

Our team may not be good enough to win the league,    but there's nothing more off putting   than  being dictated to,    by menials  

Another post full of nothingness................... now't new there then.

Presumably you agree with the drivel by the o/p then (which to refreshen your failing memory said that no KL rider other than NKI or Lambert would win a race and that there will no improvement in any KL rider during 2018)!  

As for attitude ............. I don't suffer fools gladly  (you fit the bill quite nicely). 

1 hour ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

More important to find new fans, maintain the current fan base isn't enough to maintain the sport. Especially without a TV deal. 

Of Course the sport needs to new supporters, but they need them now, as well as building for the future.  If the fans don't come now then there is no future.  All well and good letting U15's in for zilch, but that wont pay the bills today.  I cannot see the likes of NKI agreeing to being paid in 2/3 years time for points he has scored this year, can you ?  The TV money isn't there again Today, who knows what deals will be on offer in 2/3 years with regard to TV.

Very little stands  still in this World, things even move forwards or backwards.   In Speedway which way to you think the trend is going ?  With the continuation of the 'watering down' of the product do you think that Sport can even hold on to its current support base ?

Iversen - Good number one to have back in Britain but would have thought Lindgren would have been a better choice especially with Denmark riding on Wednesdays, even Hampel has been looking to ride here and knows many in the area.

Cant see much coming from this team, especially away and along with Somerset ok the two weakest in the league. 

6 minutes ago, semion said:

Of Course the sport needs to new supporters, but they need them now, as well as building for the future.  If the fans don't come now then there is no future.  All well and good letting U15's in for zilch, but that wont pay the bills today.  I cannot see the likes of NKI agreeing to being paid in 2/3 years time for points he has scored this year, can you ?  The TV money isn't there again Today, who knows what deals will be on offer in 2/3 years with regard to TV.

Very little stands  still in this World, things even move forwards or backwards.   In Speedway which way to you think the trend is going ?  With the continuation of the 'watering down' of the product do you think that Sport can even hold on to its current support base ?

Need to think big picture, the U16's are going to spend money in the arena on food and drink etc which all adds up. They might even buy an airhorn to improve the atmosphere!? Also, they are most likely to be with a full paying adult who may have other wise been put off from going because the cost of taking the whole family. Decent night out for a parent taking their kid IMO, who knows they may even take one of their kids little mates too, and then one week the kids mates parent comes along as well... 

8 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Need to think big picture, the U16's are going to spend money in the arena on food and drink etc which all adds up. They might even buy an airhorn to improve the atmosphere!? Also, they are most likely to be with a full paying adult who may have other wise been put off from going because the cost of taking the whole family. Decent night out for a parent taking their kid IMO, who knows they may even take one of their kids little mates too, and then one week the kids mates parent comes along as well... 

Biggest problem I can see with this  change in admission prices is if the increase prices out Mum and Dad that then mean the kids won’t attend also it does nothing to address late finishing of meetings when the kids have school the next morning that is the biggest factor in my opinion  if the club are serious about attracting families a 7.30 start time would be a massive help and stop the endless tractor racing - for me Speedeway in the UK is definitely not £18 sport . 

As for the team a welcome return of NKI and hopefully a successful season ahead . 

I take your Points, Points.   I Hope you are right>  I dont however see Buster's burgers will save Speedway, even allowing for how over priced they are.    How many times do we have to hear about the wheel being re-invented ? Going out to schools  is a tried, lame exercise that's been done to death.  The Sport needs to think outside of the Box.   Its one thing getting people into the stadium ( on a school night), that hard enough. When they have got them there its about trying to generate enough excitement to want to make them want come back.  Kids today  have a different outlook on entertainment than when I was a kid ( and Dinosaurs roamed the land :D).   The amount of activities that are there for kids, is endless. not forgetting things like social media and 100 others that are available to them without having to leave their homes.  Play stations, X Boxes, etc don't play themselves :rolleyes:

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

:o the reaction of those clubs will be interesting.

Edit: Just had a quick cheak of the other clubs and it looks like Buster has tried to pull the wool over people's eyes again.

Every team has held their price with Somerset and Leicester holding theirs at £17 

Poole have increased by £1 to £18 - but that's the first increase in 3 years I think.  Some clubs have been charging £18 for a couple of seasons.

Buster's view is undoubtedly and understandably from a stadium owner's perspective, whereas some clubs only rent their facilities and have their income streams severely restricted!

Edited by Skidder1

Unfair to compare Poole to Kings Lynn.    One has to pay rent the other doesn't, one doesn't get the benefit for  food concessions etc the other does, One has to pay out  top $ for its riders,  the other doesn't. :rolleyes:

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

The first heat win by any KL rider (other than NKI or Lambert)  and I will remind you of your earlier profound statement:-    "Where's the heat wins apart from iversen and lambert"

Similarly as soon as any KL rider increases his average by 0.01, I'll remind you of another of your sweeping statements:-   "no improvement from those riders at all"

So there we have it ................. your second post on this issue equally as stupid as your first!

You really are being pedantic aren't you,kings Lynn wont win many meetings with that team that's my whole point if you didn't get that,Proctor Jorgensen and Rose wont get many ht wins which means youll struggle with pts only from nki and lambert in most meetings.