British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

37 minutes ago, Haza said:

Biggest problem I can see with this  change in admission prices is if the increase prices out Mum and Dad that then mean the kids won’t attend also it does nothing to address late finishing of meetings when the kids have school the next morning that is the biggest factor in my opinion  if the club are serious about attracting families a 7.30 start time would be a massive help and stop the endless tractor racing - for me Speedeway in the UK is definitely not £18 sport . 

As for the team a welcome return of NKI and hopefully a successful season ahead . 

Completely agree with the start time being earlier (although I would have to drive a bit faster to get there in time!).

Meeting duration on a school night is a good point too, need to be done and dusted by 9.15-9.30 IMO. Less laps of Buster in his tractor please! If the meetings finished earlier, maybe more people (without kids) would stick around afterwards for a beer rather than shooting off too. Get the riders to come in for a bit too? Make everyone feel like it's "one club" again.

3 hours ago, Star Lady said:

To every meeting probably 5 years, once a month probably three years. In that time I found other interests and just to compare and contrast (OU habits die hard:D)

Price for approx 2 hours - 10 pin bowling £10 speedway £15 (ave over 5 years)

10 pin always open and running, speedway depends on the weather.

Drinks prices about the same, service levels differ (saying nothing else)

Fast food available and prices similar (as above)

Staff friendly and welcoming - 10 pin yes, speedway a half smile if you are lucky.

10 pin good company, reasonable music in background, speedway most friends no longer go music questionable if audible at all above tractors

Result 10 pin - I'm rubbish, speedway - you choose:D

10 pin non stop entertainment (you have to see my technique to appreciate the comedy value), speedway 2-3 decent races lasting 2-3 minutes if you are lucky.

VFM no contest 

I'm not trying to convert anyone just saying there are alternatives and when VFM and entertainment value is taken into account, speedway comes out poorly in comparision.

I still love speedway, a 50+ year habit is hard to break completely, but when choices have to be made re time, effort and money spent, my choice differs from yours. I wish things would change but can you or anyone tell me what was announced last night that will enhance the spectator experience? Cos I read nothing that comes close. It's all very well riders doing fitness camps/training camps etc but there are 8 teams in the league and one of them will be bottom regardless of fitness/training etc. Professional sportsmen should be fit of their own accord, after all someone has to pay for all this fitness/training etc maybe that's where the extra pound is going:P.

Tellboy I doubt we will agree over this, but I respect the fact you don't resort to name calliingn which is why I've answered you. Enjoy your speedway in 2018.

The riders are going to do an extra lap if they win a race,and Lambert will continue with his wheelies.Is this enough to coax you back.Oh and plus there will be a better quality and bigger programme.

Edited by tellboy

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

The riders are going to do an extra lap if they win a race,and Lambert will continue with his wheelies.Is this enough to coax you back.

What do you think :D

BTW got a strike and a spare this morning, more noise and atmosphere than on the Lynn terraces:P

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

BTW got a strike and a spare this morning, more noise and atmosphere than on the Lynn terraces:P

Those balls and pins don't half make a lot of noise don't they:D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

15 heats of speedway isn’t enough now the clubs need to get this out of there heads it’s 2018 not 1970 - things have moved on but speedway hasn’t as others have said it’s all about VFM £18 doesn’t represent VFM there has to be more to the evening racing  or the racing has to be top draw which sadly it isn’t -I want to attend a meeting and walk to my car and think I can’t wait till the next meeting rather than feel why did I bother coming . 

1 minute ago, Haza said:

15 heats of speedway isn’t enough now the clubs need to get this out of there heads it’s 2018 not 1970 - things have moved on but speedway hasn’t as others have said it’s all about VFM £18 doesn’t represent VFM there has to be more to the evening racing  or the racing has to be top draw which sadly it isn’t -I want to attend a meeting and walk to my car and think I can’t wait till the next meeting rather than feel why did I bother coming . 

1970 had 13 races and a full second half, normally 18 - 20 races total...interval after the match so if the kids needed to fog home main event was done.....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Simonh said:

1970 had 13 races and a full second half, normally 18 - 20 races total...interval after the match so if the kids needed to fog home main event was done.....

And main difference it was Saturday night at KL not Wednesday. 

21 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Trouble is as fast as you knock em down, they come back up again !!!   Not sure if its a load of balls or all in the wrist action. :D (but that's enough about Webbo's posts .....Joke Webby Joke before you have a pop)

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

You really are being pedantic aren't you,kings Lynn wont win many meetings with that team that's my whole point if you didn't get that,Proctor Jorgensen and Rose wont get many ht wins which means youll struggle with pts only from nki and lambert in most meetings. 

On the strength of last year Jorgensen will win plenty and do well. He should add a point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

On the strength of last year Jorgensen will win plenty and do well. He should add a point.

Uve got yourself a deal if he doesn't add a 1pt to his average u put 20quid in the srbf and if he does more I will. I can't see him getting more than starting average.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What is NKI’s average?

Using the 'Woryna' method ie taking the 2016 average, then NKI should be 9.04:)

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Using the 'Woryna' method ie taking the 2016 average, then NKI should be 9.04:)

Using the 'Matt Ford' method it's obviously going ro be a 4.00 ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1