British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Despite all the negativity about the Stars team I will be at the AFA when the season starts supporting the Stars. Let's all give the team a chance and see how it goes. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Iversen - Good number one to have back in Britain but would have thought Lindgren would have been a better choice especially with Denmark riding on Wednesdays, even Hampel has been looking to ride here and knows many in the area.

Cant see much coming from this team, especially away and along with Somerset ok the two weakest in the league. 

Iversen far superior to lindgren and hampel in UK speedway

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I see that numpty Steve Brum laughed at my last post. Hes obviously dull enough to not see how true it is. Iversen nearly 2.00 a higher average than Lindgren in 2016.

would much rather NKI leading my side than Lindgren.

• Like 3

Let's at least start the season with a little bit of Polishesque enthusiasm, pride and love for our club and team, it works for Polish Speedway!! 

14 hours ago, semion said:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

I see that numpty Steve Brum laughed at my last post. Hes obviously dull enough to not see how true it is. Iversen nearly 2.00 a higher average than Lindgren in 2016.

would much rather NKI leading my side than Lindgren.

Bless.  Just ignore the fact that Lindgren owned the top flight for several years whilst Iversen was an also ran. I like NKI and would be more than happy if he rode for Wolves. Thankfully we have had one of the best number ones of the past 10 years in our top flight. 

Shame,  your posts seemed more bearable in recent times but it appears you have returned to type by attacking the poster again.

Sometimes things never change eh.

Lol. lindgrens years as top dog are long gone in the el now. 

2016 when both Iversen and lindgren rode in the EL, Iversen was two points higher than him so anyone suggesting he would be a better signing for Lynn than iversen is deluded. 

Lindgren was one of the top averaged riders last year but so he should be in such a weak league. 

For kings lynn iversen is a much better signing than Lindgren would be.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Lol. lindgrens years as top dog are long gone in the el now. 

2016 when both Iversen and lindgren rode in the EL, Iversen was two points higher than him so anyone suggesting he would be a better signing for Lynn than iversen is deluded. 

Lindgren was one of the top averaged riders last year but so he should be in such a weak league. 

For kings lynn iversen is a much better signing than Lindgren would be.

I can't agree with that Lindgren has showed tremendous character to regroup and get his career back on track after a poor year.He is definitely a top eight rider now in the world  and that has really surprised me Iversen is the same position that Lindgren was in needs he to prove he is still a force at top level I hope he does it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pleased to see NKI back racing in Britain.

two good heat leaders now and hopefully an upturn for the Stars.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I can't agree with that Lindgren has showed tremendous character to regroup and get his career back on track after a poor year.He is definitely a top eight rider now in the world  and that has really surprised me Iversen is the same position that Lindgren was in needs he to prove he is still a force at top level I hope he does it.

We arent discussing GP form or form elsewhere, we are discussing British racing where Iversen has been superb for the last four or five years. 

I, and I would think most, would go with NKI over lindgren as far as uk speedway is concerned

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pinny said:

We arent discussing GP form or form elsewhere, we are discussing British racing where Iversen has been superb for the last four or five years. 

I, and I would think most, would go with NKI over lindgren as far as uk speedway is concerned

Nope - Lindgren is the better of the two.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Nope - Lindgren is the better of the two.

My backside is he. 

Iversens the better premiership rider and has been the past 5 years, the stats do not lie. 

Also if we are going to talk about GP form, Iversen has a bronze medal to his name, has Lindgren ever been on the rostrum come end of season?

The last two seasons both have rode in the Premiership together: 

2015: Iversen 8.98, Lindgren 6.11

2016: Iversen 9.04, Lindgren 7.21. 

This is despite the fact Lindgren has a huge home track advantage at Monmore.

I would also guess that Iversens averages in Poland and Sweden over the last five years have been higher, but cant find the links to the averages. 

Lindgren was superb around 2009ish in the EL,  that is without question. But now, I would take Puk over him every time in League Speedway. Gps maybe a different story, but this is a Kings Lynn thread.

edit, just checked. Iversen had a higher average in 2012 and 2013, as well (in the UK).

there is no doubt in the UK, Niels Kristian Iversen is the better rider

Edited by Pinny

22 minutes ago, Pinny said:

My backside is he. 

Iversens the better premiership rider and has been the past 5 years, the stats do not lie. 

Also if we are going to talk about GP form, Iversen has a bronze medal to his name, has Lindgren ever been on the rostrum come end of season?

The last two seasons both have rode in the Premiership together: 

2015: Iversen 8.98, Lindgren 6.11

2016: Iversen 9.04, Lindgren 7.21. 

This is despite the fact Lindgren has a huge home track advantage at Monmore.

I would also guess that Iversens averages in Poland and Sweden over the last five years have been higher, but cant find the links to the averages. 

Lindgren was superb around 2009ish in the EL,  that is without question. But now, I would take Puk over him every time in League Speedway. Gps maybe a different story, but this is a Kings Lynn thread.

edit, just checked. Iversen had a higher average in 2012 and 2013, as well (in the UK).

there is no doubt in the UK, Niels Kristian Iversen is the better rider

On current form, I believe that Lindgren is the better rider despite what your backside says.  It's irrelevant anyway because PUK is riding here this year and not Freddie.

BTW - past form is no indication of current/future performance.  In terms of like ability though, I would take PUK every time!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

On current form, I believe that Lindgren is the better rider despite what your backside says.  It's irrelevant anyway because PUK is riding here this year and not Freddie.

BTW - past form is no indication of current/future performance.  In terms of like ability though, I would take PUK every time!

Isnt Lindgren also coming back from a nasty back injury as well?

18 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I suppose if we are judging current form from 2017 the Lindgren is well clear.

Why some (well one) would argue who is better when both are proven top riders on the World stage and more importantly in our top flight is beyond crazy. 

Both are brilliant riders. Maybe Niels wil have a good 2018 season just like Fred did in 2017. I'd be surprised if he didn't anyway. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I suppose if we are judging current form from 2017 the Lindgren is well clear.

Why some (well one) would argue who is better when both are proven top riders on the World stage and more importantly in our top flight is beyond crazy. 

Both are brilliant riders. Maybe Niels wil have a good 2018 season just like Fred did in 2017. I'd be surprised if he didn't anyway. 

If you hadn’t of childishly liked my post with the laughing face, this wouldn’t of turned into an “argument”.

i simply stated Iversen is superior to Lindgren in UK speedway these days to which you laughed at, despite it being true. 

In the last four seasons in which both Lindgren and Iversen have raced in the EL/whatever you want to call it, Iversen has had the higher average. And that is why any day of the week, I would take him over Lindgren, espiecially on a track away from Monmore Green.