British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Good to see NKI back but I should like to say that if any of the so called super stars who have been persuaded to ride in this years First Division are at any time not available due to one of their other teams riding on the same night, they ought not to be replaced other than by RR. 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

To be honest  i think the UK needs to plan ahead without the GP stars the money is not there anymore.This year the teams apart from King's Lynn/Rye House look pretty evenly matched hopefully the season is a good one.

I remember Iversen for Newport at Swindon in, it must of been 2003. In heat 15 he laid it down on the first bend and stayed down, Newport were 2 up going into that heat i think with Watson unbeaten after 4 rides . Iversen got fined for staying down and the ref fined him , in which the  crowd had a whipround. Pretty sure wato needed to win heat 15 to win it for newport but missed the gate in the re run and altho he passed Allen (?) he couldnt get close to Gjedde. Good times

16 hours ago, Pinny said:

I remember Iversen for Newport at Swindon in, it must of been 2003. In heat 15 he laid it down on the first bend and stayed down, Newport were 2 up going into that heat i think with Watson unbeaten after 4 rides . Iversen got fined for staying down and the ref fined him , in which the  crowd had a whipround. Pretty sure wato needed to win heat 15 to win it for newport but missed the gate in the re run and altho he passed Allen (?) he couldnt get close to Gjedde. Good times

I first took my youngest son back in the PL days and Iversen was on the scene with Newport at that time we all thought Gjedde was the business.I don't think any of us thought that PUK would go on to have the career he has had great value can't wait to see him ride again can he get back in the series? i hope so.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I first took my youngest son back in the PL days and Iversen was on the scene with Newport at that time we all thought Gjedde was the business.I don't think any of us thought that PUK would go on to have the career he has had great value can't wait to see him ride again can he get back in the series? i hope so.

After about 3 meetings at Newport and his away scores at the likes of Exeter, Swindon and Reading, it was plain to see he was going far. I remember Jonas Davidson coming in for Reading that season on a 9.00 and all the Reading fans spouting he would be a better signing, ha. 

Nki went on to average over 9.00 in his first year, and was sensational for Newport. Was all set to sign for a second season until Wagstaff at Oxford said he wasnt gonna let him double up again which was a massive shame. I think he would of topped the averages the following season had he raced PL. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

After about 3 meetings at Newport and his away scores at the likes of Exeter, Swindon and Reading, it was plain to see he was going far. I remember Jonas Davidson coming in for Reading that season on a 9.00 and all the Reading fans spouting he would be a better signing, ha. 

Nki went on to average over 9.00 in his first year, and was sensational for Newport. Was all set to sign for a second season until Wagstaff at Oxford said he wasnt gonna let him double up again which was a massive shame. I think he would of topped the averages the following season had he raced PL. 

The early season meeting against Somerset, his first time there when he absolutely flew around the place...then it got fogged off. From that point on it was evident he was going to take some stopping that season.

Moved a year too early and probably slowed his development

Can’t believe that nobody has made comment on the news of our involvement with the UEA and about Roberts interview at the youth awards night, if nothing had been put on the web site I’m pretty sure certain people would have been moaning none stop on here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Can’t believe that nobody has made comment on the news of our involvement with the UEA and about Roberts interview at the youth awards night, if nothing had been put on the web site I’m pretty sure certain people would have been moaning none stop on here.

Brundle taking Lynn to another level and using his motorsport experience.

Good move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

You know when folk are happy, they don't say a word :D

15 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

How any of that is going to make the racing better the track prepared better I fail to see it’s the overall race day experience that most fans are interested in - if the club had announced a 7-30 start time and less tractor racing and a bit more urgency to keep meetings flowing I’m sure there be loads of comments on here - sadly the announcement you talk have will have little effect on the average fan . Not that I’m knocking what they announced that’s great long may it continue but it’s not something to get the fans chatting . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They could say whatever they want about all aspects of the racenight experience, the only way to tell is once we have had a meeting or two, to see if the racing is good and if it's all over and done with in a reasonable time.

I think the new season has to be seen as a new slate especially with a new promoter on board. Talking about last season isn' any good for anybody really, let's look forward and base any criticism on what happens in the future.

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

They could say whatever they want about all aspects of the racenight experience, the only way to tell is once we have had a meeting or two, to see if the racing is good and if it's all over and done with in a reasonable time.

I think the new season has to be seen as a new slate especially with a new promoter on board. Talking about last season isn' any good for anybody really, let's look forward and base any criticism on what happens in the future.

The slate is clean all I’m saying is speaking for myself I’m interested in the team - how the whole race night experience is hopefully going to be improved- the track is of interest too hopefully is will be prepared for better racing. 

Fantastic if Lambert done an interview and UEA involvement if that’s all down to the new promoter that’s a great start . 

As you rightly say we shall see once the season gets underway. 

Has anything changed within the club? I have emailed the club and spoke on the phone to various people at the AFA concerning last seasons double header rain off. As of yet  I have been told there's no one at the stadium who I can speak to in the speedway department and  I haven't had any replies by email. So as far as I can see there no change at all.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Haza said:

How any of that is going to make the racing better the track prepared better I fail to see it’s the overall race day experience that most fans are interested in - if the club had announced a 7-30 start time and less tractor racing and a bit more urgency to keep meetings flowing I’m sure there be loads of comments on here - sadly the announcement you talk have will have little effect on the average fan . Not that I’m knocking what they announced that’s great long may it continue but it’s not something to get the fans chatting . 

Yes I agree especially the 7.30 prompt start time and to keep meetings moving at a decent rate so meetings are finished around 9ish. I don’t think whoever prepared the track last year would have made any difference to the quality of racing as I am strongly in the opinion that until we improve the quality of the shale Buster uses the racing will not dramatically improve.

The point of my original post was that several people were always very quick to knock the club when no announcements were made so when information is now given to us on a regular basis I did think that some people might remark on that things were improving and that it was a good beginning but I suppose that was wishful thinking but I look forward with interest when we have a blip at home and to be we sure, we will along with all clubs and when we do I bet the same old moaners will have a field day even those that rarely attend a meeting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Yes I agree especially the 7.30 prompt start time and to keep meetings moving at a decent rate so meetings are finished around 9ish. I don’t think whoever prepared the track last year would have made any difference to the quality of racing as I am strongly in the opinion that until we improve the quality of the shale Buster uses the racing will not dramatically improve.

The point of my original post was that several people were always very quick to knock the club when no announcements were made so when information is now given to us on a regular basis I did think that some people might remark on that things were improving and that it was a good beginning but I suppose that was wishful thinking but I look forward with interest when we have a blip at home and to be we sure, we will along with all clubs and when we do I bet the same old moaners will have a field day even those that rarely attend a meeting.

Well I'm so glad you weren't referring to me, cos I'm one of the few that go to every meeting.  Yes, I have posted negative comments, but I have also posted positive ones as well .   You seem to have an issue when people voice their opinions that you class as moaning,   I suggest you except them for what they are and stop  trying to being  judge and jury.    Let me inform you,  of all the years I've supported the Stars, last years was one of the worse I can remember,   and they deserved all the negative comments  they  received.....

Yes,  I was disappointed when the team was named,  because I wanted better.   That said, I will still support them EVERY meeting and hope they can do well.  When they do good I will be the first to say so,   when they do , not so good,  I will also say so as well.    That's not MOANING,   that's the attitude of a real supporter...  

I am still to be convinced about the new partnership with Brundle.    I was hoping he would be the top man making all the decisions, with Buster taking that back seat, but as time passes he appears to be behind the scenes doing the promotional side.    Nothing would please me more than to see the Stars up there with the best. But to do that we need strong leaders,  positive attitudes, as well as the quality to win when it matters..    We need Brundle  to  create all of this....

I live in hope,                but I'm been saying  that now for over 50yrs ....

• Like 2