British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

52 minutes ago, Haza said:

Right as a paying customer I expect to be treated with respect from the promotion rather than in 2017 case be taken for granted that I will hand over my cash no question asked - I want VFM  - I would like a well prepared race track - I would like a 7.30 start time by that I mean heat 1 at 7.30 - I would like maximum 15 min interval- I would like to be on the way home by 9-15 9-30 lastet - I would like to see some urgency by the promotion to keep the flow of the meeting moving - unless deemed necessary less bleeding tractors racing . 

For the first time since the 1970s I really am not excited or looking forward to the new season maybe it’s a back lash from the shambles of last season i don’t no but I’m so far not impressed by UEA or the latest press release it’s really going to have zero effect on me or any paying customer- so if you really want me to attend meetings Mr Chapman you have got to up your game considerably 

Keeping a tab on riders fitness must be a plus ? ,including a bit more banter and bonding. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.I know you want the above.It's not going to happen every week..It seems an effort is being made at some cost no doubt.Lets see how things work out over the first month or so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yep, not interested 

That makes two of us 

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Keeping a tab on riders fitness must be a plus ? ,including a bit more banter and bonding. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.I know you want the above.It's not going to happen every week..It seems an effort is being made at some cost no doubt.Lets see how things work out over the first month or so.

I agree rider fitness and bonding is very important - the bit the promotion seem to ignor is they have major bridge building job with fans who walked away including me last season - so far they’ve done nothing to make me want to return. Probably the oppersit by the £1 increase in admission. But as you say over the first month or so of the season will see how things go . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

Y'know what they say about ' Little drop of water, little grains of sand'   It could  make all the difference .  Assuming  most riders are reasonably fit,  it is the bonding, created by these sessions together, that will make the biggest dividends.      Who knows,  this could be the impetus the riders need to motivate them to that next step.   All the riders are capable of increasing the averages, some more than others.  but good team bonding  is worth points every match....  

The fitness thing is all good. Nice to know his team will have more than just the meetings to work on together. Hopefully there won't be any injuries to ruin it all. But my main gripe is the price increase for adults. It's not an 18 pound sport. I'll still be there because I'm a mug. But there are plenty of guys who don't because of the price out of my non speedway mates. Hopefully meetings will be run slicker too and they find an announcer full of energy soon too. I thought gavin caney had the potential to be good. He was just over trying to create an atmosphere but I warmed to him. He seemed to have a fun way with people. 

14 hours ago, Trees said:

You can't please everyone but if the majority are happy that's it basically .....

That is certainly the case - we will see, after say four meetings how many of the "majority" of fans are happy. Happy enough to  keep on turning up or demonstrate their feelings by walking away. Much, yet to be done by the promotion in terms of responding to the VFM question.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

That is certainly the case - we will see, after say four meetings how many of the "majority" of fans are happy. Happy enough to  keep on turning up or demonstrate their feelings by walking away. Much, yet to be done by the promotion in terms of responding to the VFM question.

There is but people keep going on and on and on about the whole VFM thing, we've had three months of it. The promotion can't put anything right until the season starts and meetings take place, so how about a bit of positivity until then? This thread has had far too much negativity on it.

And just to say I am not somebody who can't see any wrong in what the club does, if the racing is crap and meetings drag on until 10pm I won't be going much either. But the constant whinging is wearing a little thin.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

There is but people keep going on and on and on about the whole VFM thing, we've had three months of it. The promotion can't put anything right until the season starts and meetings take place, so how about a bit of positivity until then? This thread has had far too much negativity on it.

And just to say I am not somebody who can't see any wrong in what the club does, if the racing is crap and meetings drag on until 10pm I won't be going much either. But the constant whinging is wearing a little thin.

What is the point of the forum if any response to a posting ( which is what mine was ) is whingeing? It's just an interactive comment. Perhaps we should ask the "everything in the KLS garden is rosy" posters to desist a the same time? My point merely said, in a different way, the point made above!

I wasn't saying that you are one if the whingers, merely following on your point with one of my own. There is a difference between constructive criticism and moaning, and over this winter it's been easy to pick the moaning out as the same points have been made several times over three months. There is positive stuff going on at the club yet people would rather make the same negative points ad nauseum. 

Would be interesting to know if anybody has approached the club directly concerning the VFM issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I wasn't saying that you are one if the whingers, merely following on your point with one of my own. There is a difference between constructive criticism and moaning, and over this winter it's been easy to pick the moaning out as the same points have been made several times over three months. There is positive stuff going on at the club yet people would rather make the same negative points ad nauseum. 

Would be interesting to know if anybody has approached the club directly concerning the VFM issue.

Robin Brundle is working on lots of initiatives, what exactly do people want? 

15 hours ago, Trees said:

Anyone seen on twitter that Tatum and Pearson are organising another one of their SportsTalkEvents at Lynn with Jason Doyle on Friday 16th March? 

I have and cba with it.

• Haha 1

I think a lot of the moaning stems from mess that Buster n co made of last season.  Some still feel negative fro the events of last season.   Sorry but not seen anything this far to turn that negativity around. 

As Baggy says Buster has one chance starting in April.  Let's see what happens

• Like 2

1 hour ago, semion said:

I think a lot of the moaning stems from mess that Buster n co made of last season.  Some still feel negative fro the events of last season.   Sorry but not seen anything this far to turn that negativity around. 

I'm surprised you haven't been shot down yet for calling it moaning:P

Shoot me down, whatever. Just expressing a middle of the road opinion.  My glass is still half full enough to give it a go for the new season.

I must admit I must be missing something with this new healthy living idea for Lynn riders. As in they are only together a few times a month the rest of the time they are flying off to here there and everywhere.  I would guess not always able to eat the right food at the right time.  To me just seems a load of smoke being blown up the donkey of the fans.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

I totally get that but fill the other half of your glass up so you go into the season with a positive attitude :)