British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Hey Tress that is the job of Chapman.  He is getting a 2nd chance from some fans, others won't even give him that.  Time to deliver.  Talk the Talk is all well and good, come April he has to Walk the Walk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, semion said:

Hey Tress that is the job of Chapman.  He is getting a 2nd chance from some fans, others won't even give him that.  Time to deliver.  Talk the Talk is all well and good, come April he has to Walk the Walk

Buster is the overseer of our club tis true and we rely on him to run it well, over many years we've had some good times with Buster in charge, OK Buster and his team manager, Jonathan, team, employees and volunteers. Let's not forget the good times and be hopeful they come back. We have to go into the season with a positive outlook, looking forward to supporting our team, if not, we'll be looking for every negative going, won't we? 

• Like 1

For sure we have had good times, but we had those with Crane n Rodgers as well. Also more recently with Waggy. We also had the Down years. 

Like I said I think the fans will give Chapman another chance. If he delivers then more will return, if he fails early doors then I would suggest gates will drop.

Tress I admire your total loyalty to the cause, but others not all feeling the same as you doesn't make them wrong and you right. 18 quid is a lot of money for some people, do they not have a right to expect something in return for that ?  Or should they just be asked to blindly just keep the faith ?

Buster flocked up last year and what does he do to encourage people to return, ? He puts the adult price up. Not the best idea imho.

Time will tell.

7 hours ago, Trees said:

I totally get that but fill the other half of your glass up so you go into the season with a positive attitude :)

I wish I had your positive attitude I really do and able to see no wrong in the club and speedway in general but as hard as I try it’s just not happening- as for the new season will definitely be going to the Ben Fund at Pboro and after that I’m not too sure - will probably go to the first meeting at KL as want to see Vaculvik after that will pick and choose between Pboro on Sundays and the best visiting team at KL definitely can’t see us attending every meeting at KL sadly . 

12 hours ago, semion said:

For sure we have had good times, but we had those with Crane n Rodgers as well. Also more recently with Waggy. We also had the Down years. 

Like I said I think the fans will give Chapman another chance. If he delivers then more will return, if he fails early doors then I would suggest gates will drop.

Tress I admire your total loyalty to the cause, but others not all feeling the same as you doesn't make them wrong and you right. 18 quid is a lot of money for some people, do they not have a right to expect something in return for that ?  Or should they just be asked to blindly just keep the faith ?

Buster flocked up last year and what does he do to encourage people to return, ? He puts the adult price up. Not the best idea imho.

Time will tell.

Careful, that's a lot of moaning  gong on, and we cant be having that,  :wink:       but  I agree with everything you say .    

I've given up on Lynn chasing any honours,  for to do that we need a happy family all the season.   Yes its all very well  doing these bonding and fitness sessions creates a happy environment,  but as soon as someone voices against Buster  all hell breaks loose.    I honestly don't think Buster is aware of the amount of fans dissatisfaction  from last year,   Speaking with him recently, his  only  comment was how much money he lost...  

I enjoy my Speedway racing,  but gone are the days when I would tear all over the country cheering the lads on.  So going down the road  to watch them suits me fine.     I'm under no illusion  that the future will bring  much of the same,.   The Stars  don't have the mentality to be winners.  but that don't bother me.     While I'm fit  and able, I will continue  watching the Stars.     I'm not the kind of supporter Buster needs to attract,   because I'm always there.   He needs to appeal to new fans and families, and to do that he has to up his game considerably.....   Anymore seasons like last year  and he'll lose the few fans he has left....

Ahead,  is a big season for Lynn Stars  and Buster....  in more ways than you think.....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Careful, that's a lot of moaning  gong on, and we cant be having that,  :wink:       but  I agree with everything you say .    

I've given up on Lynn chasing any honours,  for to do that we need a happy family all the season.   Yes its all very well  doing these bonding and fitness sessions creates a happy environment,  but as soon as someone voices against Buster  all hell breaks loose.    I honestly don't think Buster is aware of the amount of fans dissatisfaction  from last year,   Speaking with him recently, his  only  comment was how much money he lost...  

I enjoy my Speedway racing,  but gone are the days when I would tear all over the country cheering the lads on.  So going down the road  to watch them suits me fine.     I'm under no illusion  that the future will bring  much of the same,.   The Stars  don't have the mentality to be winners.  but that don't bother me.     While I'm fit  and able, I will continue  watching the Stars.     I'm not the kind of supporter Buster needs to attract,   because I'm always there.   He needs to appeal to new fans and families, and to do that he has to up his game considerably.....   Anymore seasons like last year  and he'll lose the few fans he has left....

Ahead,  is a big season for Lynn Stars  and Buster....  in more ways than you think.....

Funny that, Buster moaned about all the money he lost. A similar mantra from Rosco I am led to believe.

They (promoters) still haven’t worked it out  why fans continue to leave in their droves and their balance sheet figures don’t add up at the end of the year, and yet, they still continue to moan.

One day, the light bulb will appear and it will be far, far too late...

12 hours ago, Haza said:

I wish I had your positive attitude I really do and able to see no wrong in the club and speedway in general but as hard as I try it’s just not happening- as for the new season will definitely be going to the Ben Fund at Pboro and after that I’m not too sure - will probably go to the first meeting at KL as want to see Vaculvik after that will pick and choose between Pboro on Sundays and the best visiting team at KL definitely can’t see us attending every meeting at KL sadly . 

God sake, I do not see all good in the running of the club, why do you think I helped start KLSSC?

I can't keep being negative like you lot, you had the chance of putting your points forward at the fans forum, did ya? 

Some people make me laugh all they do is moan 

You have to think Buster runs the stars he runs the stadium he run the league as head of the bspa he been to Poland to sort the 3 league rule and he has been trying to sort the TV and he has had to bring in someone to help him at Lynn that being Robin and he has put a pretty good team together if you ask me now stop moaning please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Trees said:

God sake, I do not see all good in the running of the club, why do you think I helped start KLSSC?

I can't keep being negative like you lot, you had the chance of putting your points forward at the fans forum, did ya? 

Sadly couldn’t make the fans forum as had other commitments that night - you say I’m negative but isn’t it just a case of having a different opinion to the one you hold ? Doesn’t make either one of us wrong or right for that matter. Time will tell this season is massive for speedway and Kings Lynn Speedway 

1 minute ago, Haza said:

Sadly couldn’t make the fans forum as had other commitments that night - you say I’m negative but isn’t it just a case of having a different opinion to the one you hold ? Doesn’t make either one of us wrong or right for that matter. Time will tell this season is massive for speedway and Kings Lynn Speedway 

I said some people didnt say your name just hate people moaning at least we have speedway.

• Haha 1

Just now, Greg said:

I said some people didnt say your name just hate people moaning at least we have speedway.

Actually the reply was to Trees 

3 minutes ago, Haza said:

Actually the reply was to Trees 

my bad :)

• Like 1

Did anybody raise the points discussed on here at the fans forum out of interest?

Baggy,

If one thing History has taught us with Buster and the Speedway.  He doesn't listen. The guy is never wrong.. Even his own flesh and blood has said as much.  So go to a Speedway fans forum, for what ? To be told the same old, same old.  Expressing your views to Buster is waste of good breath.  As Webby said he pointed out some things that need improving etc and the response he got was...Woo is me look how much money I dropped last season.  I cant ever recall in the real good years, Buster saying.....Oh WOW look how much money I've made this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trees said:

Trees, You and your team do a cracking job papering over the cracks and trying to raise the profile and indeed Funds for the Club.  Sadly not all of us have the time or indeed the energy and inclination to do what you do. 

So some of us fans have a 'downer' on Lynn Speedway at the moment. As I recall you had one of those said times a good few years back, when the Club Moved down a level.  So It can happen to even the most dedicated followers.   Lucky for you that you regained your faith.  Other like Star Lady, who followed Lynn through Thin and thinner cant get that back.   We aint all the same.