British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I emailed them about a month ago. They emailed me back about 3 weeks later. At least i got a reply, but they definitely took their time. 

9 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Now this is a serious question it is not complaining. If the club don't answer email queries, don't have questions from the floor at the fans forum and I seriously doubt read this forum. How exactly are they to know they could provide this service, which many fans would be grateful for.

Maybe Bald Bloke or another positive thinker could provide the answer..

We higher beings practice thought transference. At least I think we do because my wife always seems to know when I think I might sit down for five minutes or decide not to listen when she is issuing instructions.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, therefused said:

I emailed them about a month ago. They emailed me back about 3 weeks later. At least i got a reply, but they definitely took their time. 

Tis a bit long winded that I would agree.............. but at least they replied which is contrary to what many are suggesting on here!

28 minutes ago, therefused said:

Probably an improvement over last season :).I'm pretty sure someone from the club probably read's or hears what's talked about on here.

Lets see how things go over the next 2 months.

There must be plenty going on for Robin at the mo.Lot's to sort out I guess.

7 hours ago, g13webb said:

Its a big ask,  but as Sean Connery said in the  film 'Atonement'  its do-a-ble.   Assuming the league is going to be run on a similar program  as last year,  the first slot to fill has to be the 3rd heatleader.    I've got  Procter down for that ,   I'm sure he'll be able to up his scores, and together with Niels and Lambert we should be able to compete with most teams on the HL front.  (apart from Poole and Leicester) .    Our middle order riders of Jorgensen and  team Lewis may not be the best in the league, but they are all decent gaters. That could be the defining difference  helping them to win races.    But it also enable us to have  one of those 3 riding in the  reserves, and that is a big plus.    To me, Andersen is a massive gamble. From all accounts he is a talented young man who could go far,   but not having ridden on any of the UK tracks before  will be a big disadvantage.    Its going to be  a big learning curve  for him, one that could make the difference  of where Lynn finish up....   When you consider he comes into our team on an assessed score of 5,  and there are a few decent riders out there on a 5,   the promoters must have plenty faith that he will deliver...   We wait with anticipation .....

Looking at the other team assembled,  there are one or two that standout really strong,    but the majority  are of similar to Lynn with some strong riders and some not so strong.   Yes I think we are capable of a top 4 finish,   but to achieve that everyone has to play their part.   

When you have that belief, you can achieve anything......:t:

I'm sure TJ will have something to say about that one.A bit of heathy competition would be good ;)

7 hours ago, g13webb said:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, semion said:

Hope the Club gets it GDPR in place, same with the Supporters club.   Is everything sorted on that Trees ?

At last I might be able to help the club from a far, please click the link below for a free 'introduction to GDPR' e-learning course and if anyone at the supporters club wants a complimentary upgrade to the full course just send me an inbox message and I will provide it.

https://uk.bablearn.com/introduction-to-gdpr-knowledge-awareness-

Communication with stakeholders is key to the success of any organisation, and I would hate to see the stars get on top of this and then fall foul to a fine of up to 20million euro if they do not handle the data correctly.

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm sure TJ will have something to say about that one.A bit of heathy competition would be good ;)

Competition is always good when making progress.   I understand you comment about TJ , who last year was a revelation.    The reason I opted for Proctor was I feel he is more likely to make bigger strides than the other three, who have been competing  at their acquired  CMA,  these past years.    I'm not to say they won't improve, but I believe it will be harder for them to make them big steps that Proctor could make. .    Proctor can go either way,   very good or disastrously bad.     I'm going for the positive and see him making up for all that lost time.

One thing for sure, he'll give it everything.....

8 hours ago, Bunce said:

Living south of Norwich, with a 100 mile round trip for home meetings, I'm one of those who won't risk it if the weather looks dodgy.   I emailed the AFA last year, and asked if they were still doing the rain-off texting service. (I was told on this forum it was still in operation)  I was subscribed years ago, but suddenly the texts stopped coming?  Did I get a reply to my query....Nope, totally ignored.

So this season, if it looks like rain, or there are strong winds or any other possible reason the meeting may be off, I'll stay at home. So if you are reading this Mr Brundle, get the texting service back in operation, advertise it on the Club web site, make sure it works properly and once you have a database of fans mobile numbers, if they approve, use those numbers for match day updates and such like. Not rocket science is it?

I would like to  comment but under the terms of my bail I have to remain positive with my glass half full rather than half empty- so I’m sure everything will be rosy and the texting service will return ASAP   So no need to worry . 

• Like 2

I would have thought that with a new promoter and a media person appointment, one of the initiatives for 2018 would have been an open channel of feedback so that the new promoter could hear of the ideas and opinions of fans re why a number of them of them felt disenchanted. Sweeping "bad years" under the carpet and merely urging fans to "move on", serves no purpose whatsoever.  Hearing from any disillusioned fans should be seen as helpful as the KLS promotion could then address some of those issues, ready for the start of the 2018 season. Another lost opportunity?

Edited by waytogo28
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Given that  it is widely known that the club have appointed a Head of Marketing Communications & Social Media would it not be best (assuming that the appointee is in post..... may not be yet!)  to simply e-mail the club once more (maybe nearer the start of the season) rather than (the op) bitching about what occurred last year ........... (Not rocket science is it op !!!)

That would positively be my advice!!

I emailed Robin Brundle yesterday, with the suggestion about the rain-off texting service as a positive suggestion to help fans from having a wasted journey. I will let this forum know when (and IF) I receive a reply from him. Oh, and I wasn't bitching, simply stating a fact. I received no reply.

Edited by Bunce
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bunce said:

I emailed Robin Brundle yesterday, with the suggestion about the rain-off texting service as a positive suggestion to help fans from having a wasted journey. I will let this forum know when (and IF) I receive a reply from him. Oh, and I wasn't bitching, simply stating a fact. I received no reply.

A text subscription service is expensive where you can do that via Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the official website. 

Think that is a waste of money compared to what else you could spend the money on. Free ways of reaching more people faster. 

20 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Now this is a serious question it is not complaining. If the club don't answer email queries, don't have questions from the floor at the fans forum and I seriously doubt read this forum. How exactly are they to know they could provide this service, which many fans would be grateful for.

Maybe Bald Bloke or another positive thinker could provide the answer..

All evidence I have is that the BSPA monitor a lot of what’s posted on here and clearly react sometimes to it as their own PR,s often suggest, some even post under their own names, a lot more do it under obscure user names.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

All evidence I have is that the BSPA monitor a lot of what’s posted on here and clearly react sometimes to it as their own PR,s often suggest, some even post under their own names, a lot more do it under obscure user names.

Trying hard not to be negative here:wink:.

It would seem Lynn are not one of the clubs that do monitor the BSF as they have not reacted. Perhaps the addition of Robin Brundle might change that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Trying hard not to be negative here:wink:.

It would seem Lynn are not one of the clubs that do monitor the BSF as they have not reacted. Perhaps the addition of Robin Brundle might change that.

It’s very very difficult to not be negative isn’t it Star Lady ? I’m really struggling not to comment on certain posts .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Well I hope they do something about all the time wasting, especially after a tape restart, or in the case of Kings Lynn the time the tractor goes round . 

Edited by A ORLOV