British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

1 hour ago, Haza said:

It’s very very difficult to not be negative isn’t it Star Lady ? I’m really struggling not to comment on certain posts .

I too struggle to comment on certain posts.I even start to write a reply sometimes and delete it,thinking i'm just banging my head against a brick wall:rolleyes:.

• Haha 1

I think I preferred the negative Brian to the sarcastic one.......

• Haha 1

you should post what you want its what the forum is all about.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2018 at 7:12 AM, g13webb said:

Its a big ask,  but as Sean Connery said in the  film 'Atonement'  its do-a-ble.   Assuming the league is going to be run on a similar program  as last year,  the first slot to fill has to be the 3rd heatleader.    I've got  Procter down for that ,   I'm sure he'll be able to up his scores, and together with Niels and Lambert we should be able to compete with most teams on the HL front.  (apart from Poole and Leicester) .    Our middle order riders of Jorgensen and  team Lewis may not be the best in the league, but they are all decent gaters. That could be the defining difference  helping them to win races.    But it also enable us to have  one of those 3 riding in the  reserves, and that is a big plus.    To me, Andersen is a massive gamble. From all accounts he is a talented young man who could go far,   but not having ridden on any of the UK tracks before  will be a big disadvantage.    Its going to be  a big learning curve  for him, one that could make the difference  of where Lynn finish up....   When you consider he comes into our team on an assessed score of 5,  and there are a few decent riders out there on a 5,   the promoters must have plenty faith that he will deliver...   We wait with anticipation .....

Looking at the other team assembled,  there are one or two that standout really strong,    but the majority  are of similar to Lynn with some strong riders and some not so strong.   Yes I think we are capable of a top 4 finish,   but to achieve that everyone has to play their part.   

When you have that belief, you can achieve anything......:t:

If Andersen is an assessed 5.0 and NKI is 9.04, that takes the team points 0.66 above the limit!

Andersen on a 4 

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

I too struggle to comment on certain posts.I even start to write a reply sometimes and delete it,thinking i'm just banging my head against a brick wall:rolleyes:.

I know the feeling:P

I originally thought Andersen was on a 4 ,   but when looking in the S/S  they had him down as a 5

The figure in the Star must be an error. I can't see any reason why he would be a five rather than a four.

Edited by Bagpuss
Autocorrect for the umpteenth time......

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, Haza said:

I would like to  comment but under the terms of my bail I have to remain positive with my glass half full rather than half empty- so I’m sure everything will be rosy and the texting service will return ASAP   So no need to worry . 

Just hope the feds they take your tag curfew off before April :P

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think I preferred the negative Brian to the sarcastic one.......

Now it’s all about balance on here now let’s be honest here do we want a rose tinted glasses views were everything KL speedway is all glossy and everyone is happy  obviously we want everyone happy in th ideal world but this is speedway - or do we want an alternative view were truth sometimes hurts ? some like the rose tinted glasses version were all dirt is swept under a very large carpet - or we all say it as we see it -it may not be what some on here want to hear but it’s an alternative view not necessarily a moan . Let’s be clear we all have speedway at Kings Lynn in our hearts but I for one won’t be taken for a mug no matter how much I love the club . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 3

To me it's pretty simple, balance means that when good things happen people praise the club and when bad things occur they get criticised. Trouble is the same criticisms have been raked up on dozens of occasions over the winter whereas the last two Friday announcements have hardly been mentioned, that is an imbalance.

The comments about poor racing, late starting and finishing, too much grading etc are all perfectly valid but if anybody from the club was going to read them they would have done by now. With a new promoter on board the next step is to see what the first two or three meetings bring in terms of VFM (and there is extra pressure on the club with a £1 increase) and if it's not good then fair enough, get stuck in as it will be deserved criticism. 

February and March is the time when excitement is meant to rise and people are looking forward to the first meeting and seeing new (and old) faces representing the club, would be nice to see a bit of this while being mindful that there is plenty of work to do for the club to get people back on board and feeling satisfied again. That is balance.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The figure in the Star must be an error. I can't see any reason why he would be a five rather than a four.

Perhaps someone from the Club could confirm. Nothing like keeping the supporters fully informed is there?  ;)

P&P day March 28th for those that like this sort of thing.   It's getting closer folks 

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

To me it's pretty simple, balance means that when good things happen people praise the club and when bad things occur they get criticised. Trouble is the same criticisms have been raked up on dozens of occasions over the winter whereas the last two Friday announcements have hardly been mentioned, that is an imbalance.

The comments about poor racing, late starting and finishing, too much grading etc are all perfectly valid but if anybody from the club was going to read them they would have done by now. With a new promoter on board the next step is to see what the first two or three meetings bring in terms of VFM (and there is extra pressure on the club with a £1 increase) and if it's not good then fair enough, get stuck in as it will be deserved criticism. 

February and March is the time when excitement is meant to rise and people are looking forward to the first meeting and seeing new (and old) faces representing the club, would be nice to see a bit of this while being mindful that there is plenty of work to do for the club to get people back on board and feeling satisfied again. That is balance.

I'm sure if something positive happens that adds to my experience of being a Stars fan I more than some do shout loudly.

This winter from the club they've added nothing that I should get excited about.

I feel the team is poor, training announcements irrelevant, link up with UEA that'll have no bearing on the sport as a whole and my experience. For all that an extra £1 for the pleasure.

So far the winter break has been as poor as the 2017 season itself

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Star Lady said:

It would seem Lynn are not one of the clubs that do monitor the BSF as they have not reacted. Perhaps the addition of Robin Brundle might change that.

I find that difficult to comprehend.  Surely Promoters and Managers would have their finger on the pulse and want see everything that is being written, false or otherwise...      You can only bury you head for so long .

Had a good read of the latest news from Nathan.   Must say it ail sounds real positive.    I understand the logic of it all  but we won't be able to judge the effect until we see the results on the track..    Must say it was a good read......:t: