British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

spoke to Robin Brundle yesterday and think he's certainly going to make a difference 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, stevehone said:

spoke to Robin Brundle yesterday and think he's certainly going to make a difference 

Let’s hope so - my only concern is he’s allowed to make a difference .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bunce said:

I'm very pleased to say, I received a quick reply from Robin Brundle to my email query, so that's a positive in my book already. Robin went on to explain that the Club are in the process of reactivating the scheme for 2018,  so hopefully that will work well this year.

Looking up then;)

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Could only be that three riders attended the training as the fourth person is unidentified. Alternatively it might not be sensible to take one photo as definitive proof of who was there and who wasn't.........

As for the press releases, I understood it as being a piece of news every Friday rather than a huge announcement but could be wrong. 

Pleased to hear that Bunce got a swift reply and that the service is being resurrected.

There were a couple more photos from the session and there were 100% more than 3 riders in attendance at the time so it was good for team bonding :)

Were all 7 there  Tress ? If so that's a big plus.

Seems like the Staff at Tesco in Stalham  have found a different way of keeping fit. B)

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

On 15/02/2018 at 7:22 PM, Daniel Smith said:

I'm sure if something positive happens that adds to my experience of being a Stars fan I more than some do shout loudly.

This winter from the club they've added nothing that I should get excited about.

I feel the team is poor, training announcements irrelevant, link up with UEA that'll have no bearing on the sport as a whole and my experience. For all that an extra £1 for the pleasure.

So far the winter break has been as poor as the 2017 season itself

Incredible .

19 hours ago, stevehone said:

I remember a certain Jonathan Chapman coming into the sport looking to make a difference

Not everyone appreciated it did they Jonathan

Edited by bigcatdiary

16 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I remember a certain Jonathan Chapman coming into the sport looking to make a difference

You can add Rick Frost to that list.

20 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Busy boy - as also pictured in Glasgow bonding with the team yesterday (that's when the picture was tweeted).

Can't make it up, riders even missing fitness sessions due to 'fixture' clashes!! Did Kings Lynn have rider replacement in operation? :lol:

Edited by Najjer

14 hours ago, Trees said:

There were a couple more photos from the session and there were 100% more than 3 riders in attendance at the time so it was good for team bonding :)

Thomas Jorgensen, Josh Bailey and Taylor Hampshire were in the photos too.

13 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nope, however this time he has the chairman on the same team so fingers crossed he can make a bigger difference than I did.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jchapman said:

Nope, however this time he has the chairman on the same team so fingers crossed he can make a bigger difference than I did.

How do you think the season will go JC ? does the promotion need to win back the respect of the supporters again i believe so.The dangerous thing for me is there are a few real die hard supporters on here who the club are not that far off losing forever a dangerous situation .I have to say i am not that convinced with the team assembled so far but fingers crossed they are competitive Kings Lynn are a great club and i hope they can mix it this year.For me the important thing is to get the racing back to a good standard god thirty years ago King's Lynn was  certainly in the top five racetracks in the U.K now it seems a different track it seems like it is to quick there now but they can get the track back at its best it is a great racetrack.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

How do you think the season will go JC ? does the promotion need to win back the respect of the supporters again i believe so.The dangerous thing for me is there are a few real die hard supporters on here who the club are not that far off losing forever a dangerous situation .I have to say i am not that convinced with the team assembled so far but fingers crossed they are competitive Kings Lynn are a great club and i hope they can mix it this year.For me the important thing is to get the racing back to a good standard god thirty years ago King's Lynn was  certainly in the top five racetracks in the U.K now it seems a different track it seems like it is to quick there now but they can get the track back at its best it is a great racetrack.

For me having supported the club from the early 70s and I walked away from the club after the towel was thrown in mid season last year - my biggest disappointment of the winter is the total failure of the club to admit it got things very wrong last season - all has been swept under the carpet - yes time to move on time to be positive not negative - glass full rather than glass empty all those sound bites of the winter - but as we approach the season the club still has work to do to get me to attend. But I’m hopeful the promotion will up there game as the first meeting gets closer 

• Like 1

For me yes the club is a mess off the track, but hopefully things are being put in place to change that.  However it’s what happens on the track that is going to attract the punters.  Put out a winning team and entertain then the people will come.  Don’t ? Well we all the answer to that one 

Haze couple wins and you will be back  as you will feel you are missing sumink. Couple of defeats however and you can stay at home with ya knitting

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1