British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

13 minutes ago, semion said:

For me yes the club is a mess off the track, but hopefully things are being put in place to change that.  However it’s what happens on the track that is going to attract the punters.  Put out a winning team and entertain then the people will come.  Don’t ? Well we all the answer to that one 

Haze couple wins and you will be back  as you will feel you are missing sumink. Couple of defeats however and you can stay at home with ya knitting

My hope is we get back to making me feel it’s the place to be on a Wednesday night do that and I will be there as will others who have walked away - for me it’s definitely not all about winning it’s about being entertained with great racing on track and a feel good atmosphere off track - both have sadly been missing - putting a £1 on admission isn’t the best incentive to get missing fans back for us a night at KL speedway costs around £65 for two of us including travel costs which could be spent on other things and was last half of last season . 

Haza. All you ever do is keep saying the club haven't done anything to make you support them again. If you don't want to go to the speedway , then stop at home. No one is going to knock on your door and beg you to go.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Haza said:

My hope is we get back to making me feel it’s the place to be on a Wednesday night do that and I will be there as will others who have walked away - for me it’s definitely not all about winning it’s about being entertained with great racing on track and a feel good atmosphere off track - both have sadly been missing - putting a £1 on admission isn’t the best incentive to get missing fans back for us a night at KL speedway costs around £65 for two of us including travel costs which could be spent on other things and was last half of last season . 

I feel the same way Haza ok winning is nice but would you rather win everyweek watching alot of dross or go there win or lose coming away thinking god that was a good night out. It does bemuse me that some people have to win at all costs for me enjoy the company of good friends and have a good night out that is what it is all about.At Swindon in Rossiter a passionate bloke who does not always like what he hears but he does LISTEN and i believe him along with Lee Kilby are two forward thinking people at Swindon.Could Mr Chapman of opologised about last year? i think so and a memory of mine last year was his interview at Swindon on BT it was a utter disgrace cringeworthy to be honest anyway i hope you enjoy your speedway in 2018 Haza.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, semion said:

For me yes the club is a mess off the track, but hopefully things are being put in place to change that.  However it’s what happens on the track that is going to attract the punters.  Put out a winning team and entertain then the people will come.  Don’t ? Well we all the answer to that one 

Haze couple wins and you will be back  as you will feel you are missing sumink. Couple of defeats however and you can stay at home with ya knitting

A winning team might be what tempts some folk back and may well tempt a few newbies but for me it's not the be all and end all. When and if (note the order of those words I'm trying to be positive) entertainment and value for money appear IMO a lot more will be attracted. 

• Like 1

I hope the club do get issues sorted out and fans who have stopped going most weeks return but is is no good if the management do not listen to their fans, ignore problems and believe everything is ok.  

9 minutes ago, mrss said:

Haza. All you ever do is keep saying the club haven't done anything to make you support them again. If you don't want to go to the speedway , then stop at home. No one is going to knock on your door and beg you to go.

And that exactly what I and many others did last season after they threw the towel in I’d have thought any club would try to get those who walked away back but maybe I’m wrong ?

14 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

A winning team might be what tempts some folk back and may well tempt a few newbies but for me it's not the be all and end all. When and if (note the order of those words I'm trying to be positive) entertainment and value for money appear IMO a lot more will be attracted. 

For those who are not going it will results that tempt them back not performance ( how can you judge entertainment value if you are not there!?).  So likewise, for me, it’s not always about winning (nice to win thought aint it ?).  I remember back in the days when Lynn were in the 2nd tier and dicking teams out of sight, it became a total bore. Trap to line Speedway.  Got to the stage when I was willing  Lynn riders to miss the gate.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, semion said:

For those who are not going it will results that tempt them back not performance ( how can you judge entertainment value if you are not there!?).  So likewise, for me, it’s not always about winning (nice to win thought aint it ?).  I remember back in the days when Lynn were in the 2nd tier and dicking teams out of sight, it became a total bore. Trap to line Speedway.  Got to the stage when I was willing  Lynn riders to miss the gate.

IMO sport is about winning and most supporters want to see their team win.If you could have the mixture of both,winning and great racing that is the perfect combination and 100% of supporters would go home happy.But even back in the day you never got that only on occasions.

You rightly pointed out back in the 2nd tier we were hammering teams and it wasn't good speedway.But the support was there,so to me this suggests at least 90% of supporters want to see their team win first and foremost.

To me all these ingredients are important; good racing, a competitive team if not one who always wins and the feeling of being valued as a customer. I didn't personally see last year's actions as 'throwing in the towel', but more taking a stand against a couple of disruptive team members who weren't interested in giving 100% an replacing them with much weaker riders but with some who did give maximum effort.

The promotion were partly to blame for the whole mess so although there were apologies and statements I think more could have been done to admit that mistakes had been made. I think this probably went a fair way to getting Brundle on board. Hopefully we will get a rallying call before April to appease people and reassure them that their concerns are being fully considered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haza said:

And that exactly what I and many others did last season after they threw the towel in I’d have thought any club would try to get those who walked away back but maybe I’m wrong ?

What do you want the club to do or say so you attend again? 

4 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

I hope the club do get issues sorted out and fans who have stopped going most weeks return but is is no good if the management do not listen to their fans, ignore problems and believe everything is ok.  

Fans have to be listened to mate, they are the clubs/promotions bread and butter. You must also remember all the track staff/volunteers who give up there own time to help there club, ok they get free entry and they like there speedway but they dont sit around doing nothing, ask any of our rakers..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrss said:

What do you want the club to do or say so you attend again? 

I don't who you are i don't care either to be honest, but King's Lynn need to win support back from supporters who have been let down Haza is he that wrong in what he says.?

No Haza isn't wrong in what he says. But all he does on here is moan about the Kings Lynn speedway club, and how last season was a shambles. It's time to move on. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, semion said:

I'll judge entertainment value from comments on here by folk whose opinions I value.  Yourself, Bagpuss and a couple of others. Bear in mind I'm not solely  referring to the racing , not listing things tho, been done before. Yep 2 tier did become a bit boring, I became an advocate of handicaps:wink:

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I'll judge entertainment value from comments on here by folk whose opinions I value.  Yourself, Bagpuss and a couple of others. Bear in mind I'm not solely  referring to the racing , not listing things tho, been done before. Yep 2 tier did become a bit boring, I became an advocate of handicaps:wink:

So was i an advocate of handicaps, untill  the  powers that be compressed the weights ..:angry: