British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

3 hours ago, mrss said:

No Haza isn't wrong in what he says. But all he does on here is moan about the Kings Lynn speedway club, and how last season was a shambles. It's time to move on. 

Isn't what you're suggesting been the problem in Speedway?

From 1 bad year to the next we're always told to move on, it will get better.

So, while the crowds continue to dwindle, admissions go up and quality on offer deteriorate every Speedway fan should just suck it up?

I still love Speedway, I still love the King's Lynn Stars even more but my breaking point has been reached by the mentioned above. No more am I willing to put ££'s into the club until I feel there's 'Value For Money' on offer.

For me, there's no more 'time to move on'. The way the club is run has to be encouraging and so far this winter it's still been very poor from a fans point of view. No genuine heartfelt apologies for last season. No apology for the crass ripping off of season ticket holders. 

So no, I ain't just gonna move on. I feel justified in not doing so. It's up to the club to make me feel positive and so far regarding 2018 I feel they're still trying to rip off fans with a cheap poor team and increased admission costs to the many.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

So, while the crowds continue to dwindle, admissions go up and quality on offer deteriorate every Speedway fan should just suck it up?

I still love Speedway, I still love the King's Lynn Stars even more but my breaking point has been reached by the mentioned above. No more am I willing to put ££'s into the club until I feel there's 'Value For Money' on offer.

For me, there's no more 'time to move on'. The way the club is run has to be encouraging and so far this winter it's still been very poor from a fans point of view. No genuine heartfelt apologies for last season. No apology for the crass ripping off of season ticket holders. 

So no, I ain't just gonna move on. I feel justified in not doing so. It's up to the club to make me feel positive and so far regarding 2018 I feel they're still trying to rip off fans with a cheap poor team and increased admission costs to the many.

Would you care to tell us how much the riders are getting paid,i've always wanted to know:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Would you care to tell us how much the riders are getting paid,i've always wanted to know:rolleyes:

:blink: irrelevant to my enjoyment 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Moving goalposts eh......................... "cheap poor team" appeared to be relevant in your earlier post!

As usual  .......................so many of the "Neggys" base the majority of their yesteryear gripes on subjective and non-quantifiable issues!

Maybe someone can explain what VFM actually is in speedway terms ................... maybe 5 laps in each race or 10 extra wheelies or even a mandatory 12 passes in each lap or howzabout 19 heats in a match.

So come-on ...........so that we may all understand ................. please lets have "something" that we can actually "nail it to" !

"Ya know somebody really should do something about it" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

It seemed relevant in your earlier post.I take it you don't really know how cheap the team is.Like me and about 99.9% of the supporters we don't exactly know how much the riders are costing the club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DizzAssStar said:

Moving goalposts eh......................... "cheap poor team" appeared to be relevant in your earlier post!

As usual  .......................so many of the "Neggys" base the majority of their yesteryear gripes on subjective and non-quantifiable issues!

Maybe someone can explain what VFM actually is in speedway terms ................... maybe 5 laps in each race or 10 extra wheelies or even a mandatory 12 passes in each lap or howzabout 19 heats in a match.

So come-on ...........so that we may all understand ................. please lets have "something" that we can actually "nail it to" !

"Ya know somebody really should do something about it" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

So for the extra £1 what are we actually going to get for that £1 ? yes only £1 some will say but we must be getting something for it surely . Maybe it’s to pay for Iversen maybe it’s to cover for reduced or no tv revenue or reduced sponsorship I’ve no idea but it would be great to no were and what it’s being spent on - as I said in a previous post at night at KL costs around £60 - £65 for myself and my other half we can go out and have a very good meal with few beers for a lot less than that and not have to rush around to get there after work or arrive home late with an early start the next morning - the times over the last few seasons I’ve walked out of the stadium and thought why did we come after long drawn out meetings poor racing or whatever reasons - last season when they changed the team mid season that broke the KL speedway habit for us and I thank Buster for that  it made us realise there are other things to do on a Wednesday night. 

10 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I understand and agree with everything you wrote.  The contempt, that the promotion showed towards their fans last year was  beyond reproach,  and any  promotion worth its salt, should have placed the recovery and rectifying of  any damaged done, the first jobs on their lists.    To brush it under the carpet only  compounds the damage that was done.   

Some of the posts  persecuting your views  are not worthy of a comment,   they ought to  know what you were referring too.   .  If they wish to bury their heads than so be it.     But to me I  live in the real world  that can voice an opinion, without being  ridiculed for it.     I will still go to watch speedway for my own enjoyment.  I under no pretence that I am a valued Stars supporter anymore, that elusion was killed off  last year...   

Edited by g13webb
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

To me all these ingredients are important; good racing, a competitive team if not one who always wins and the feeling of being valued as a customer. I didn't personally see last year's actions as 'throwing in the towel', but more taking a stand against a couple of disruptive team members who weren't interested in giving 100% an replacing them with much weaker riders but with some who did give maximum effort.

The promotion were partly to blame for the whole mess so although there were apologies and statements I think more could have been done to admit that mistakes had been made. I think this probably went a fair way to getting Brundle on board. Hopefully we will get a rallying call before April to appease people and reassure them that their concerns are being fully considered.

As an outsider, that is the way I saw it. No question that it weakened the team, but better to do that than allow a couple of prima donnas to ride rough shod over everyone at King's Lynn.

For that reason - ie that 2017 was exceptional - there is a strong case for writing it off and moving on. Its not the same old, same old here.

• Like 6

What i cant understand is that a few King's Lynn fans have ridiculed some  for voicing there opinion they insinuate they are moaning for the sake of it.Some of these are long serving supporters who only want what is best for King's Lynn speedway.Every supporter is important whether you have been going for 50 years or 5 years but if you think about it if clubs lose there diehard supporters the clubs will be knackered not anough of the  new blood supporter is coming in to replace these Oldies.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Haza said:

So for the extra £1 what are we actually going to get for that £1 ? yes only £1 some will say but we must be getting something for it surely . Maybe it’s to pay for Iversen maybe it’s to cover for reduced or no tv revenue or reduced sponsorship

not sure it's that, Guy Nicholls is still the main sponsor with some other very good sponsors involved too, plus some new ones

20 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Fans have to be listened to mate, they are the clubs/promotions bread and butter.

so why wasn't the Poole track sorted years ago?

• Like 4

Maybe the fans would be more forgiving toward Buster if he had said.... I'm sorry for the fact that I signed those 2 Aussie A Holes, and  I had to show them who they were dealing with.  Nobody takes the Pee out of me and gets away with it....... I have learned a valueable lesson and one I will do my utmost not to repeat.... I'm sorry to all the loyal supporters but hope you will forgive the mistake's I have made this season and join me in looking to the future. 

Haza, Webby, would  that have done  the trick ? or would  Buster have had to wine and dine you then tried to get you into bed ?  :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, semion said:

Maybe the fans would be more forgiving toward Buster if he had said.... I'm sorry for the fact that I signed those 2 Aussie A Holes, and  I had to show them who they were dealing with.  Nobody takes the Pee out of me and gets away with it....... I have learned a valueable lesson and one I will do my utmost not to repeat.... I'm sorry to all the loyal supporters but hope you will forgive the mistake's I have made this season and join me in looking to the future. 

Haza, Webby, would  that have done  the trick ? or would  Buster have had to wine and dine you then tried to get you into bed ?  :D

Something along those lines is what I’d like to hear -and I don’t mean the wine and dine bit - I felt and to a point I still do feel like I was taken for a fool that I’d line up hand over my £17 and take whatever was dished up well I voted with my feet enough was enough. And that was before we had meltdown Thursday my last meeting was the World Cup round and I didn’t return . 

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

so why wasn't the Poole track sorted years ago?

It was sorted years ago, but it doesnt last.. Its a very fast track which takes a way of riding. i know what that is but im not telling you.. Ideally, it needs digging up each year re-laying and fresh RED shale each year. But as you should know it all costs money.. And money in speedway is tight.. hence all the clubs making cuts. The track is safe, it just needs a bit of titivating here and there. You cannot prepare the track the same way every week. Hopefully with the startline being moved back 10 meters the riders wont be going into tun one at full revs, hence shouldnt, create the problems. see my last post in poole thread.

Edited by Starman2006

44 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

......it just needs a bit of titivating here and there.......

You're right. In fact only 3 inches needs attention.

The top 3 inches. B)