British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

20 minutes ago, False dawn said:

You're right. In fact only 3 inches needs attention.

The top 3 inches. B)

Eh, not sure what your saying there mate, we have plenty of shale on the track, its topped up on a rgular basis, but it gets compressed so it gives the impression that there's nothing on the track. Nothing you can do about that. As i said, read my posts on here and the poole thread, that will give you more idea..

6 hours ago, semion said:

Maybe the fans would be more forgiving toward Buster if he had said.... I'm sorry for the fact that I signed those 2 Aussie A Holes, and  I had to show them who they were dealing with.  Nobody takes the Pee out of me and gets away with it....... I have learned a valueable lesson and one I will do my utmost not to repeat.... I'm sorry to all the loyal supporters but hope you will forgive the mistake's I have made this season and join me in looking to the future. 

Haza, Webby, would  that have done  the trick ? or would  Buster have had to wine and dine you then tried to get you into bed ?  :D

If only it was that simple !!..   An apology should be from the heart.   you don't need someone to tell you he his sorry, you should be able to deduct how they feel that from their behaviour.  Very few from Lynn came out with any credit from that Poole match,  What a pity they didn't follow Poole's professional approach and conducted themselves in the right a proper way.  I'm in no doubt who the main protagonists were,   and yes I was pleased they were shown the door,    Buster must take responsibility that day for a terrible prepared track.   Don't forget, these loyal supporters had to stand about for over an hour waiting for that bloody tractor going round,    That should never have happened..

After that fiasco, we then waited 3 weeks for another meeting,, Matches were called off on the strength of the weather forecast, when the night was actually rain free.  The replacements were not of the quality  one had hope for , but I understand the difficulty.   These replacements became a problem when we had   clashed meeting  and they went missing, forcing us  to ride half a team,   Strange, it usual slipped their memory to inform their loyal fans of riders missing  until they we had paid to get in.    No one occasion, NPT  was down to ride at No5,      DWP then informed the forum , NPT was riding in Denmark with Porsing.   Most of last year the supporters were   kept in the dark, and treated like mushroom,,,,

Non more so then those double headers.  On both occasions we never had a full team for the first match,   without adequate  replacements or reserves to cover, any mishap would be catastrophic.  Needless to say both second matches were an embarrassment, a pointless exercise.    In that Wolves doubleheader 2nd meeting  we attempted to compete with only 3 riders,  we ran  8 heats with only one rider in and one without any rider at all.    That's unforgivable....   We may have been offered a refund, but that was insulting .    I felt offended by the offer.  

It would have been nice for someone to have seen the dire way the fans were treated and acknowledged the situation as it was.    It would be nice to think it would never happen again,   But as of yet, apart from bringing in Brundle,  I don't see much change..

My one hope is that Brundle will be the Messiah,  we desperately need....  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

If only it was that simple !!..   An apology should be from the heart.   you don't need someone to tell you he his sorry, you should be able to deduct how they feel that from their behaviour.  Very few from Lynn came out with any credit from that Poole match,  What a pity they didn't follow Poole's professional approach and conducted themselves in the right a proper way.  I'm in no doubt who the main protagonists were,   and yes I was pleased they were shown the door,    Buster must take responsibility that day for a terrible prepared track.   Don't forget, these loyal supporters had to stand about for over an hour waiting for that bloody tractor going round,    That should never have happened..

After that fiasco, we then waited 3 weeks for another meeting,, Matches were called off on the strength of the weather forecast, when the night was actually rain free.  The replacements were not of the quality  one had hope for , but I understand the difficulty.   These replacements became a problem when we had   clashed meeting  and they went missing, forcing us  to ride half a team,   Strange, it usual slipped their memory to inform their loyal fans of riders missing  until they we had paid to get in.    No one occasion, NPT  was down to ride at No5,      DWP then informed the forum , NPT was riding in Denmark with Porsing.   Most of last year the supporters were   kept in the dark, and treated like mushroom,,,,

Non more so then those double headers.  On both occasions we never had a full team for the first match,   without adequate  replacements or reserves to cover, any mishap would be catastrophic.  Needless to say both second matches were an embarrassment, a pointless exercise.    In that Wolves doubleheader 2nd meeting  we attempted to compete with only 3 riders,  we ran  8 heats with only one rider in and one without any rider at all.    That's unforgivable....   We may have been offered a refund, but that was insulting .    I felt offended by the offer.  

It would have been nice for someone to have seen the dire way the fans were treated and acknowledged the situation as it was.    It would be nice to think it would never happen again,   But as of yet, apart from bringing in Brundle,  I don't see much change..

Top post put perfectly and I hope Buster reads this -and I hope those who go on about positivity and glasses half full and time to move on realise how let down some fans feel by the actions of two riders and the promotion the only man I think who came out of that night with any credit was Gavin Cainey who stood up and said enough is enough and walked away . 2018 is a massive season for speedway and Kings Lynn more so -another season like last season and there won’t be much left to talk about -As for  Brundle we shall see hopefully he will be allowed to try and bring in new ideas but as others have found out it’s not that simple . 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, g13webb said:

It would need to be The Messiah ( for those who do believe in Him ) because I suspect that no-one else can work the necessary miracle and turn around Buster's way of doing things, I fervently hope that I am wrong  but Buster let so much slide last year and no one else stood up to the plate ( as far as we know or were told ). Autocratic decisions were made so many times ( call offs, double headers, track prep. etc ). It all brought home to me that despite the spin the BSPA put on SGB, it is very much like a non league soccer operation.

Edited by waytogo28
  • Like 1

I think people should just wait and see.  If Brundle cant turn buster around then its game over for me.  I jacked it in after Holdergate, but still hold out hope that come April its a fresh start with fresh hopes.   It will soon become clear IF anything has changed.  Whichever way it goes its win won for me.  If everything is back as it should be then, then great, if not I save myself £30/40 and 2 hours driving.  At This moment in time I'm not fussed, but I'll give it a go.

• Like 1

Wait and see is the key phrase. Whatever anyone says on either side of the fence ie club or supporters means very little, it's what actually happens on the first few race nights that really counts. Hopefully everybody will be able to put 2017 behind them and move forward.

37 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Wait and see is the key phrase. Whatever anyone says on either side of the fence ie club or supporters means very little, it's what actually happens on the first few race nights that really counts. Hopefully everybody will be able to put 2017 behind them and move forward.

I think the opposite Bagpuss with what happened last season and nothing really changing since if the Stars start off poorly the gates could tail off.That is why for me producing a good product and providing  a decent night out can camouflage over having a struggling side.If the entertainment element is not there and the team is also struggling then i think you will  have real problems i hope things go well as Kings Lynn are a large part of British speedway great history and good supporters.

Thats exactly what I am saying Sid, words mean very little. It's all about the quality of the night out starting on April 4th. I'm sure the club are under no illusions that they have to pull their socks up but whatever they come out and say before then is irrelevant if the racing and VFM isn't good. Silimarly the disgruntled punters now need to give them the opportunity to get it right.

Edited by Bagpuss

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Thats exactly what I am saying Sid, words mean very little. It' all about the quality of the night out starting on April 4th. I'm sure the club are under no illusions that they have to pull their socks up but whatever they come out and say before then is irrelevant if the racing and VFM isn't good. Silimarly the disgruntled punters now need to give them the opportunity to get it right.

I am sure there are plenty of Lynn fans who will give them a chance Bagpuss i really hope so.Myself personally at times in the last twenty years or so  i have sometimes felt i was going to speedway just on habit rather than wanting to go then a great race or meeting comes along and the old excitement comes back.As you say be nice if some of the supporters wipe the slate clean and judge from there on in.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Thats exactly what I am saying Sid, words mean very little. It's all about the quality of the night out starting on April 4th. I'm sure the club are under no illusions that they have to pull their socks up but whatever they come out and say before then is irrelevant if the racing and VFM isn't good. Silimarly the disgruntled punters now need to give them the opportunity to get it right.

Pull there socks up??? has to be the biggest understatement of the winter 

Edited by Haza

43 minutes ago, Haza said:

Pull there socks up??? has to be the biggest understatement of the winter 

I just feel the problem you will have is results. On paper you look weak. That is on paper though. 

But if results don’t go your way could the same problems not come about? 

I'd like to think this team will hold its own at home at  least. So as long as the racing is decent and things are over and done with in a reasonable time there shouldn't be too many complaints.

4 hours ago, semion said:

I think people should just wait and see.  If Brundle cant turn buster around then its game over for me.  I jacked it in after Holdergate, but still hold out hope that come April its a fresh start with fresh hopes.   It will soon become clear IF anything has changed.  Whichever way it goes its win won for me.  If everything is back as it should be then, then great, if not I save myself £30/40 and 2 hours driving.  At This moment in time I'm not fussed, but I'll give it a go.

Totally agree with you Semion, I also jacked it in after "Holdergate" but I'm prepared to give it a go again this year and hope that lessons have been learnt.

I think the team looks competitive, and with the right attitude and given a decent track, could renew my enthusiasm. We also need prompt starts, slick presentation and a huge reduction in tractor racing, gardening and bike fiddling!  If it all comes together, then I'm sure the "oldies" like me will return to the terraces, but if it doesn't, then I'm sorry but like you I'll be saving my money and the two hours driving for other things. My glass is half full at the moment, lets just hope it doesn't spring a leak!

• Like 1

I also think we should give the club a chance at the  beginning of the season and see if anything has changed. Last year we were told if you are not in the stadium at start time you would miss the start. There would be no tractors on the centre concrete during the racing. Sadly neither of them lasted long. Let's hope the management start of like the mean to continue and present a professional show. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mrss said:

I also think we should give the club a chance at the  beginning of the season and see if anything has changed. Last year we were told if you are not in the stadium at start time you would miss the start. There would be no tractors on the centre concrete during the racing. Sadly neither of them lasted long. Let's hope the management start of like the mean to continue and present a professional show. 

If the same happens again this season, I.e. Starts well then reverts to late starts etc. what would be your reaction?

i guess what I'm asking is how many chances are you prepared to give.