British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

14 hours ago, semion said:

Customer service give a company the opportunity to turn a negative into a positive. Do the job correctly you have the chance to keep that customer for life, plus the spin off when that customer tells other people ( word of mouth, social media) how well they were treated.

It’s really not rocket science 

Exactly...   Another grip of mine is the 'PIT STOP' café'   Am I the only on to notice that the prices go up for Speedway and Stockcar meetings.    When you use the café during the week the prices are substantially lower.   I understand the logic of a captive audience , but if you wish to look after your supporters the last thing you want to do is rip them off   

If the prices are adequate to make the Café viable during the working day,   then why would it be necessary to increase them when you have a far bigger custom base.... 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Haza said:

I’m not complaining about catering staff or stewards at KL  the point I’m making Notts county cricket club can’t do enough for there customers/  fans-  right from the top to the bottom they are there to make your day special, even today I’ve had a email about pre season trip for the squad . My point is speedway in general and KL speedway are competing for my £s with Trent Bridge and Notts at the moment win hands down as you say Brundle may make all the difference fingers crossed. 

Wasn’t saying that you were complaining about them, sorry if my post insinuated that but that was not my intention.

I bought my tickets for Notts  game against Worcestershire in the 20/20 big bash in August so I’ll let you know if they aren’t as customer friendly as you say, but in my past experiences with similar such clubs I would be surprised if it wasn’t.

6 hours ago, g13webb said:

Exactly...   Another grip of mine is the 'PIT STOP' café'   Am I the only on to notice that the prices go up for Speedway and Stockcar meetings.    When you use the café during the week the prices are substantially lower.   I understand the logic of a captive audience , but if you wish to look after your supporters the last thing you want to do is rip them off   

If the prices are adequate to make the Café viable during the working day,   then why would it be necessary to increase them when you have a far bigger custom base.... 

Webbo.  After paying over inflated admission fee followed by an over priced programme I wouldn’t dream of paying inflated prices for ‘food’ from a greasy spoon.  Are you some kind of masochist?:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

Webbo.  After paying over inflated admission fee followed by an over priced programme I wouldn’t dream of paying inflated prices for ‘food’ from a greasy spoon.  Are you some kind of masochist?:D

That's just it,    in fear of being ripped off I'd rather go without.   After paying £1 of a coffee at dinner time,    I'll be damned to pay £1.50 for the same drink in the evening..

• Like 2

Poole..... isn’t it obvious they know a good thing when they see it..... one for the future,  unlike one of the past as in ex World Champions who want to pick n choose the conditions they wish to ride in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, g13webb said:

This is a problem with many sporting events.They know when they have a crowd they can charge more unfortunately.A bit like holidays,they know they can charge more when the kids are off school.Many restaurants will offer discounts but not on a Saturday.When these places know there will be crowds they know they can charge more.The only thing that could probably stop it is if none of us punters buy anything.Personally i very rarely buy anything,if you can't go a couple of hours without food or drink there must be a problem.I do sometimes have a pint of shandy which is priced ok:D

4 hours ago, poolebolton said:

So Stal Gorzow want Lambert. 

I thought he had committed to remain with the team which he got promoted with?

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That’s what they all say. I’m sure he will be with Lublin this season. 

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Wasn’t Holder committed to Kings Lynn at the start of last season. ?We all know how that ended

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to Guy on securing a 'B' team sponsorship :P:lol:

• Haha 1

On 05 March 2018 at 6:40 PM, semion said:

Poole..... isn’t it obvious they know a good thing when they see it..... one for the future,  unlike one of the past as in ex World Champions who want to pick n choose the conditions they wish to ride in

Chris holder will be just fine, he's back home were the promotion look after there riders

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Chris holder will be just fine, he's back home were the promotion look after there riders

I'm sure you Kings Lynn fans will give him a good reception when Poole are in town