British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

good lord just when I thought things might be getting better Lynn go back to the 1940s. 

What next Ging Gang Gooly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

OMG.  I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.   This has to be some kind of joke Surely.   Stand Together in Sun and Rain,  Really ? 

Whoever came up this should be shown the door rather quickly if this is their idea of marketing..... It is nothing short of embarrassing

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Its beautifully ironic. Stand together in Sun and Rain.........of we Stand together in the Sun (waiting for it to set) and Rain (getting cold and wet while the shower passes until the riders wander out the pit gate, kick a bit of shale around then abandon the meeting).

Biggest alarm bell should be Always the same.........not sure Lynn fans can take much more of the same after recent years.

• Like 1

I like the idea but the rendition I heard on Radio Norfolk this morning made me cringe. Can't see the quiet and reserved folk of Norfolk belting that one out :D

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I like the idea but the rendition I heard on Radio Norfolk this morning made me cringe. Can't see the quiet and reserved folk of Norfolk belting that one out :D

I can imagine 1 or 2 will while the rest of the crowd fall about laughing. Still it will provide entertainment during the long tractor grades:D

To be serious the idea is good but the execution is abysmal in all respects.

Not exactly get up and go music more like a dirge

Words are carp

is that really a Rock Choir, sounds more like Girl Guides.

• Like 1

Indeed. Nick Conrad suggested that a sport like speedway should have a theme tune by Slipknot or someone similar, wouldn't go that far personally but it definitely requires something heavier.

Edited by Bagpuss

Well what can I say - this song it’s really going to up the atmosphere in the stadium with laughter if nothing else- bet Trees will love it though 

It's totally embarrassing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This really goes to show how out of touch the promotion at Kings Lynn is - thought this was a new beginning not a step back in time - this so called anthem is cringe worthy and totally embarrassing for Lynn fans we are a laughing stock please please remove it from the clubs website- the worrying bit is Robin Brundle thinks is great . 

Must admit i don't like the new anthem.But i can see what Lynn are trying to do,and that is to create an atmosphere.Most of us can remember the days of 2,4,6,8 and 1,2,3,4 they weren't much better but a lot of fans would chant it.Even if someone thought of something a bit more modern and punchy i don't think people would chant it anyway nowadays.The only way to get most fans singing and chanting would be to lace their teas and coffees with alcohol:lol:

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

good lord just when I thought things might be getting better Lynn go back to the 1940s. 

What next Ging Gang Gooly?

As i said i don't really like it,but what you need is all the fans singing  at the same time.If they do the it doesn't matter what the tune is as long as the words are good it would sound good.That tune still belts out around football grounds.I use to be part of 75,000 people that would sing that in the late 90's early 00's and it was terrific,especially when Shearer was in the stadium.

I heard it mentioned on the radio this morning but now ive heard it its even worse than i feared. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

As i said i don't really like it,but what you need is all the fans singing  at the same time.If they do the it doesn't matter what the tune is as long as the words are good it would sound good.That tune still belts out around football grounds.I use to be part of 75,000 people that would sing that in the late 90's early 00's and it was terrific,especially when Shearer was in the stadium.

I said the idea is good but it needs a tune with some ooomph. I understand rock anthems would involve copyright fees it for heavens sake there are dozens of pieces of classical music that are well known and would adapt to a sports anthem providing they had decent words.

off the top of my head Beethovens Fifth with

Here they all come

The Kings Lynn Stars

as the first two lines for example.

The fact they've listened to it and still put it out speaks volumes about how out of touch these people are.

If you want to build atmosphere start by improving the presentation to give fans the impression that the sport is professional, slick and modern. Try allowing riders the freedom to react within reason to referees decisions and actions by other riders. Much of it was pantomime in the 70's but it certainly gets a reaction from the crowd. Fans love to see riders showing passion for their team and it certainly builds the atmosphere. Why is Nicki Pedersen such a draw card?

• Like 2