British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Embrace the new anthem instead of taking the mic..I think i'll have it as my ring tone :P

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Embrace the new anthem instead of taking the mic..I think i'll have it as my ring tone :P

Only positive I can see out of this anthem thing is all Kings Lynn fans agree on something lol apart from the ever loyal Trees lol 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Haza said:

Only positive I can see out of this anthem thing is all Kings Lynn fans agree on something lol apart from the ever loyal Trees lol 

Has Trees said she likes it?

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

Personally I not that fussy.  but thinking on a home attraction, someone like Terry Betts would go down a storm,   Michael Lee must have loads of tales to tell.     How about  Cyril Crane ?   I'm sure there are load with tales to tell....

Of the sport of Speedway, I'm sure any top stars could fill the club house  for a nights entertainment.    Its a long time from Sept to March  but having 2/3    of these throughout the winter months would be an ideal way of keeping that connection going .....  

100%... KLSSC wanted to host a night or two this winter, we need some contacts, has anyone got any please? 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You do as you so wish,   We are all entitled to an opinion ,     whether you approve it or not......... 

Hope every club in the league downloads the King's Lynn anthem and plays it when the Stars come visiting.    Should demoralise the KL riders.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, g13webb said:

You do as you so wish,   We are all entitled to an opinion ,     whether you approve it or not......... 

I was joking ;).

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Has Trees said she likes it?

How could she not like it with them everything Is rosey in the Kings Lynn garden blinkers she wears lol

Just because Trees is passionate about the Stars there's no need to knock her at every opportunity.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mrss said:

Just because Trees is passionate about the Stars there's no need to knock her at every opportunity.

Thank you! 

The idea of an anthem/chant is a good one there is no doubt, this one hasn't gone down so well on the net, I hope something good comes out of it, that's all. We must all want that for 'our' club eh.... 

As for Haza, he's just a wind up, I'm not biting :P

• Haha 1

Somebody sent me the link to this 'anthem' and I honestly thought April 1st had come early! Seriously guys, I'm halfway across the world and speedway people I know here have tears running down their legs laughing so much!Whoever thought this was a great way to inspire/motivate/put the fear into the opposition needs to reconsider when their meds kick in!

Yes, I know it's nothing to do with me, I'm long retired from speedway and live in Aus but I still care about the club where I spent many a happy evening on the mic from way back in 1988.Hell we go rid of the war crys in 1990 (sorry Wild Wayne and Mother T!) because they were old hat . . .let along a choral extravaganza.

Back in the days of the PL when the club were feared home and away it was 'Welcome to the jungle' that became the parade truck theme tune and even that sounds dated now so, for what it's worth, whoever came up with this idea. . .maybe ask the paying public for once - or as that just stating the blindingly obvious?

Wishing everyone a safe and successful season ahead. . . now where did I put my Vera Lynn records????

seriously.jpg

• Like 6

17 hours ago, micman said:

Back in the days of the PL when the club were feared home and away it was 'Welcome to the jungle' that became the parade truck theme tune and even that sounds dated now so, for what it's worth, whoever came up with this idea. . .maybe ask the paying public for once - or as that just stating the blindingly obvious?

Wishing everyone a safe and successful season ahead. . . now where did I put my Vera Lynn records????

seriously.jpg

I feel sorry for any new promotion team at Lynn, as I think it is hard to meet the expectations of fans who supported the club during that era... and for good reason. The parade track rolling out to the intro of 'welcome to the jungle' always made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck, and everyone involved (from fans to riders) were emotionally immersed in the club. 9 titles in 4 years (from memory) is as good as it gets and shows what the club was all about back then. 

Unfortunately since then the club has lost yourself, Rob Lyon and me and personally I do not believe any have been appropriately replaced... although not through lack of trying as I did recently read a job advertisement for a centre green announcer who must like wearing illuminus shell suits ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Unfortunately since then the club has lost yourself, Rob Lyon and me and personally I do not believe any have been appropriately replaced... although not through lack of trying as I did recently read a job advertisement for a centre green announcer who must like wearing illuminus shell suits ;)

Sad but true on all count JC. . .and I still have the Shell suits! :-)

We may not have seen eye to eye on some occasions but there is no doubt that you were a forward thinker who had great ideas to move the sport into a new direction and bring it up to date. The atmosphere that we all generate in that amazing era was 2nd to none and one of the best times I can remember in speedway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, micman said:

Sad but true on all count JC. . .and I still have the Shell suits! :-)

We may not have seen eye to eye on some occasions but there is no doubt that you were a forward thinker who had great ideas to move the sport into a new direction and bring it up to date. The atmosphere that we all generate in that amazing era was 2nd to none and one of the best times I can remember in speedway.

Mmmmmmm....

Atmosphere at a high octane, adrenaline fuelled sporting event?

No doubt infused by fans' noise and engagement to what they are watching?

Now that there is a 'novel' idea.....

Wonder if it will ever catch on?

Who knows, if it does, maybe some fans would go back the next time to sample some more of the same?....

Nah... What am I thinking?....:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1