British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

3 hours ago, Haza said:

Definitely don’t want to forget stock cars because most definitely the stadium wouldn’t be viable without them it would have been flattened years ago - so if you’ve not got a stadium how do you run speedway ?? Stock cars are a very important part of KL how could the Stadium survive on 14 speedway meeting ?? Charge £30 to get in maybe . 

I get the impression your whole opinion is based around kings Lynn, whereas all my arguments are directed at the sport in general.      Had the sport been run properly and not as some back street company ,  all these problems about the, lack of fans, and tracks closing,  could have been addressed. when it happened.

With only 14 meetings a year, it is a major problem, one that should and could have been sorted, but again decision were based on personal preferences rather than the good of the sport.  Kings Lynn are in an enviable situation owning their own stadium.  Nobody is suggesting it be used for speedway only, any  proprietor would want anything and everything  going on to make the ownership a success.   Speedway is only one of many attractions that use the Stadium.        

Speedway needs to be self sufficient.   If we hadn't got a Stadium then we would have to rent one, either way, the sport needs to pay its way..,,,,,           

I think all King's Lynn supporters know if it were not for the Stock Car Racing (i am not a fan of) then in all probability there would be no speedway at KL. We are left with a dichotomy in that although the race track is affected because of the Stock Cars i am afraid that it is the compromise we have to live with. 

I think we should all get behind the team and give them as much support as possible and start making negative comments if they are required due to poor performances. Looking forward to Wednesday when hopefully we can get the season of with a win.

• Like 1

They also rent the stadium for flat track racing and drift cars I believe.It all helps the speedway to continue.

Here's a clip form this weekends Flat Track racing at Lynn..The track looked ok considering the rain we had leading up to the w/end.

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 11/04/2018 at 11:44 AM, dj350z said:

..........and the riders of the 50's!!!

IMG_5177.jpg

This is only a small part of the problem, tracks and bikes are the main reason, along with the overall "show" experience which is lacking.

A good score for Lambert guessing at number one for Leicester tonight. He's also had a couple of double figure returns in Poland so an encouraging start to the season. Must be getting out of the gate more efficiently and regularly.

May be this will be his breakthrough season?

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

A good score for Lambert guessing at number one for Leicester tonight. He's also had a couple of double figure returns in Poland so an encouraging start to the season. Must be getting out of the gate more efficiently and regularly.

May be this will be his breakthrough season?

Lets hope so.

to me what Kings Lynn and the sport in general is missing is fun.

used to be able to go to speedway, have fun, have a drink with the riders in the bar after, and actually feel part of it.

the PL days were brilliant, not just because of the trophies, but the atmosphere too, all the themed nights in the summer brought out people dressing up, banner competitions, lots going on, and it was good fun

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevehone said:

to me what Kings Lynn and the sport in general is missing is fun.

used to be able to go to speedway, have fun, have a drink with the riders in the bar after, and actually feel part of it.

the PL days were brilliant, not just because of the trophies, but the atmosphere too, all the themed nights in the summer brought out people dressing up, banner competitions, lots going on, and it was good fun

A few other things are missing JC and Mike Bennett and the enthusiasm of Rob Lyon and Buster all  have never  been replaced . To me the last two or tree seasons we’ve just gone through the motions get to the end of the season ASAP .Its almost speedway gets in the way of the real money spinner stock cars .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

In Business the thing that brings in you in the least amount  profit is given the least amount of time and effort.  Understandable I would suggest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, semion said:

In Business the thing that brings in you in the least amount  profit is given the least amount of time and effort.  Understandable I would suggest.

Absolutely spot on 

The King's Lynn thread, aka the 'pit of misery' :D

Dilly dilly!

Edited by Bagpuss

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The King's Lynn thread, aka the 'pit of misery' :D

Dilly dilly!

Which has been breed by poor promoting and p!$$ poor meeting management. 

Up to the promotion to turn things around, nobody else. 

• Like 3

And to be fair the Hot Laps (if they happen) are a small step in the right direction.

Its a long walk tho :wink:

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Which has been breed by poor promoting and p!$$ poor meeting management. 

Up to the promotion to turn things around, nobody else. 

Don't disagree but sooner or later people have to stop raking over old ground, wipe the slate clean and allow the club to make amends though.

I was trying to lighten the mood a bit really as it was all becoming a bit depressing. Hopefully this time on Thursday the comments will all be upbeat because at the end of the day we all want the club to succeed and to be a positive place to go don't we?

• Like 6

Its been a long wait, so hopefully a decent crowd will flock into Saddlebow Road and see all the changes that Robin Brundle and Buster have put in place.   I really hope they have turned it around and people enjoy the whole experience ( win lose or draw).

• Like 4