British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Is MPT another Dane who may be missing some Wednesdays?

Skidder, why ? Is it worrying you ?, causing you sleepless nights? :D

Are there still people on here who believe lambert needs to move away to progress.? That theory has been blasted out of the water early doors. Just thought I'd ask

I Guess Danny Some thought he hadn't moved up to the level, quickly as his early potential suggested.  Riders mature at different times... Prime example is Jason Doyle.  I remember seeing him in his first few years and he looked a million miles away from being a Grand Prix rider, let alone World Champion. 

Didn't go last night as was at the Footie... On Updates I saw there was an interval taken,  But I thought I read previously that there was not going to be an interval.... has that idea now been kicked into the long grass ? 

35 minutes ago, semion said:

I Guess Danny Some thought he hadn't moved up to the level, quickly as his early potential suggested.  Riders mature at different times... Prime example is Jason Doyle.  I remember seeing him in his first few years and he looked a million miles away from being a Grand Prix rider, let alone World Champion. 

Didn't go last night as was at the Footie... On Updates I saw there was an interval taken,  But I thought I read previously that there was not going to be an interval.... has that idea now been kicked into the long grass ? 

I didn’t go last night either - one point I’d like to make I get notifications via Twitter on Poole meetings they was away at Somerset they start at 7.30 I’d had the result of heat 4 before I had the result of heat 1 at KL that’s the difference 30 minutes earlier start time makes that can also be the difference between families attending or not - and yes I saw KL had an interval as well again 7.30 start not such a problem but a near on 8pm start then have an interval makes a lot of difference. 

Big well done to the Stars last night on another win .

Late start was for track work. It was a really good meeting. Lots of passing too. Lots of positives 

• Like 2

Apparently once it started ( I'm sure people can understand starting 15 mins late with the afternoon rain) it was all done inside 100 minutes....not too bad I would suggest with R/R.

• Like 1

100 mins is about right but did they need an interval ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, semion said:

100 mins is about right but did they need an interval ?

No. And that demonstrates how little will change overall in how things are done. Promises made are easily broken.

It was a short interval compared to what we have endured in the past. Once the slightly longer grading had taken place it was straight on with the action. There were then no more grading breaks.

The bit that continues to annoy me is the time between heat 14 and 15. Team managers must know who they are going to put in by then, so should be straight on with it, slightly longer if someone has two on trot

11 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

No. And that demonstrates how little will change overall in how things are done. Promises made are easily broken.

Did they ever promise no intervals?

On 03/05/2018 at 12:49 PM, Haza said:

I didn’t go last night either - one point I’d like to make I get notifications via Twitter on Poole meetings they was away at Somerset they start at 7.30 I’d had the result of heat 4 before I had the result of heat 1 at KL that’s the difference 30 minutes earlier start time makes that can also be the difference between families attending or not - and yes I saw KL had an interval as well again 7.30 start not such a problem but a near on 8pm start then have an interval makes a lot of difference. 

Big well done to the Stars last night on another win .

1st race always starts at 7.45 pm 7.30 is parade time.

we just go and enjoy the speedway.  don't worry if there is an interval or not. I do agree though that the 14/15 race could do with less time between but hey ho just the way it is and heat 15 was worth waiting for on Wednesday night.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whippy said:

1st race always starts at 7.45 pm 7.30 is parade time.

I’m awear of that the point I’m making if they started 7-30 by that I mean 1st race -it would be more appealing to families with kids with school the next day . 

I seem to recall someone (Baggy ?) posted a running order, which didn’t include an interval.  Would make even more sense as it was late starting.

Whippy, I think is not that important if you live down the road, but some of us have to make a lot longer journey than that, to get our fix. 

Edited by semion