British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

fine mate!

then walk away! just don't bleat on about it and bringing down those that are left enjoying it! Find a hobby or something! the past is the past! unfortunately you can't turn the clocks back. 

Them days are gone. We should appreciate what we have while we still have it because the world has changed and will continue to change. live events are dying out. there used to be a great underground music scene in lynn and the surrounding areas. punk, metal, it was thriving. but time moved on and thats no longer the case. there is cheap fun to be had and its an expensive sport. bat and ball is cheap. 

moaning on a forum won't change anything

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing, no idea on your age or when you started going to Speedway but my opinion is nowhere near the minority. King's Lynn were pulling in around 3000 not all that many years ago. Now the club is lucky to make half that a week. Before I was even going the older folk would tell us all about packed out stadiums week in week out. I can guarantee there are more ex Speedway fans than attending. That tells a whole different story to the few hanging in there at meetings. The main reason for people every year walking away is 'Value For Money'. Once people do walk away it's rare they'll ever return. This is something promoters never seem to grasp. As much as some say that I'm no longer welcome, that's fine but as we're all walking away less than half will be new fans of Speedway. 

3000:unsure: are you sure because i'm not.

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:34 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Even better. I didn't realise :)

Maybe in the early 80's ?

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Maybe in the early 80's ?

Eh?

28 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Eh?

The 3k crowds

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The 3k crowds

Got you,it's just that you quoted yourself from last week.

Have to agree the 3k crowds were more like the 80's,90's and not how Danny put it as not that many years ago.

Edited by tellboy

Went to BV tonight, proud of the team for coming away with the win :D Away wins are THE BEST!! woooooo 

• Like 5

Sounds a great meetimg Tress, was heat 13 the icing on the cake ?

51 minutes ago, semion said:

Sounds a great meetimg Tress, was heat 13 the icing on the cake ?

That Lambert, he's ****ing brilliant :D I've said it 100 times but if anyone is making a stand and staying away they are missing out big time watching the talent of Robert, he is so pliable, so safe, brave, determined, I love watching him, they'll regret it if he does actually leave, it's 100% cutting off ya nose to spite your face :) And then chuck in the rest of the team this season, racing as good as they can (or at least getting to where they want to be), fit, determined, up to you but Dale has built a good team and team spirit, up to you but I'm loving it :D

Edited by Trees
  • Like 5

KL fans deserve some success in the top league and this result will surely help towards a playoff place - assuming they keep this form up and keep improving

Before anyone pipes up, yes I have cut off my nose to spite my face where the GPs are concerned but me not attending that competition doesn't affect my home club, a team I have spent an unbelievable 40 years (OMG) supporting and enjoying, through good and bad times, through different promoters and managers, hundreds of riders (many awesome, some not so cracky lol), such a part of my life and me I guess, the GP series doesn't come close as a whole. 

Trees any idea why Allitt went with Anderson and not Kerr in 14 ?  Didn’t seem to make sense from a distance (Gibraltar)

34 minutes ago, semion said:

I am really pleased for the Stars fans and a play/off position is a real possiblity now all to play for.I thought this side would struggle but they have been superb and it has to be good for the league as a whole.Swindon(my side) Wolves,BelleVue,Poole all have frailaties so it could go down to the wire who claims a top 4 spot.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Before anyone pipes up, yes I have cut off my nose to spite my face where the GPs are concerned but me not attending that competition doesn't affect my home club, a team I have spent an unbelievable 40 years (OMG) supporting and enjoying, through good and bad times, through different promoters and managers, hundreds of riders (many awesome, some not so cracky lol), such a part of my life and me I guess, the GP series doesn't come close as a whole. 

You've taken a lot of stick over your stand on GPs in the past but as it happens I now agree with you regarding the GPs. They have been to the detriment of British Speedway.

As for Lynn, ten years ago I'd have agreed with every word, and I still want to see them do well but as I've grown older I've seen the flaws in speedway that I used to turn a blind eye to. They are not, by a long way, all Lynn related. So I'm pleased you are still loving it, certainly looks like Lynn might be in for a good season. How many years have we all said that only to be decimated by injury at a crucial time. 

I still retain an interest in how Lynn are doing and contrary to what some think I would like nothing more than for the club to prosper but as for the rest I really can't be bothered anymore. 

13 hours ago, semion said:

Trees any idea why Allitt went with Anderson and not Kerr in 14 ?  Didn’t seem to make sense from a distance (Gibraltar)

No but I can find out....