British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I right in thinking,  today being the 23rd means the new average figures are taken, to be implemented  start of June..   Looking  at the current figures, the bad news is we lose Lewis Kerr from reserve berth ,   but the good news is, he will be replaced with MPT.     Both these riders are showing tremendous early season form and have contributed to the fine start the team has shown.    Whether Kerr can continue upping his average in the team proper remains to be seen, but  with his razor sharpe gating and smooth style sure gives him an edge.  

Dropping  MPT to reserve  must be a tremendous asset to the club,  being able to use him as a  safety net,  covering any  rider having problems, and also assist  his own scores against lesser opposition....

Must say its  a Win - Win situation...  

• Like 1

Kerr is more than capable, held his own in the 2nd string positions before. 

MPT may be, very slightly weaker than Kerr at reserve but still one of the better reserves in the league. That's more important. 

2 hours ago, therefused said:

No Iversen for the match against Somerset next week.

Good that the news was released by the club as a part of their new "keep the fans informed". Let's hope it doesn't cause anyone to give it the Somerset match a miss. And can we have the team lineups on Monday? And will any other Danish riders be missing and riding in their homeland? A full Stars team will pull in a better crowd I am sure.

12 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Good that the news was released by the club as a part of their new "keep the fans informed". Let's hope it doesn't cause anyone to give it the Somerset match a miss. And can we have the team lineups on Monday? And will any other Danish riders be missing and riding in their homeland? A full Stars team will pull in a better crowd I am sure.

Away to Rye on Monday i would assume R/R as all other teams are racing.Wednesday someone from Wolves,Belle Vue,Rye or Swindon,or maybe go with R/R again.

Edited by tellboy

Is this a new leaf the club has turned over,    Whilst it wasn't the news we wanted to hear,  at least we known what the situation is regarding Niels and his shoulder injury.   Only a couple of weeks back we were complaining of the silence when we were told nothing about the riders missing,  so it seems the Club is taking notice.  

Not sure how many meetings Niels will be missing,   the 2 next week, 1 at Rye House and at home against Somerset, offer 2 different challenges.  R/R at home will more then suffice when any rider can take a extra ride,  but away to RH is a specific track and Lynn might benefit more with a 'Horse for Courses' Guest   (if available)

We are only a few meetings into the season and although  early form is encouraging we seem to be having a lot of interruptions to the team selections.    We can only hope the surgery goes well and Niels comes back quickly, and that settled formation has a chance to grow even stronger....

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Is this a new leaf the club has turned over,    Whilst it wasn't the news we wanted to hear,  at least we known what the situation is regarding Niels and his shoulder injury.   Only a couple of weeks back we were complaining of the silence when we were told nothing about the riders missing,  so it seems the Club is taking notice.  

Not sure how many meetings Niels will be missing,   the 2 next week, 1 at Rye House and at home against Somerset, offer 2 different challenges.  R/R at home will more then suffice when any rider can take a extra ride,  but away to RH is a specific track and Lynn might benefit more with a 'Horse for Courses' Guest   (if available)

We are only a few meetings into the season and although  early form is encouraging we seem to be having a lot of interruptions to the team selections.    We can only hope the surgery goes well and Niels comes back quickly, and that settled formation has a chance to grow even stronger....

Will he miss the GP this week!?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Nope, GP then surgery. With the break in the calendar he will be back for the Stars next league meeting. 

All been done with perfect timing. Ok, R/R at Rye House doesn't look good in front of the TV camera's but it is the best time for Niels to get his shoulder done.

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nope, GP then surgery. With the break in the calendar he will be back for the Stars next league meeting. 

All been done with perfect timing. Ok, R/R at Rye House doesn't look good in front of the TV camera's but it is the best time for Niels to get his shoulder done.

Cheers.

On 5/24/2018 at 6:53 AM, Fromafar said:

Very unlikely as I am sat here watching him go round in practice.

Very odd IMO

I don't think it's odd, riders don't miss GP's unless they absolutely have to. The Pairs thingy provides a good window to have the operation.

• Like 1

I wonder when the fans will  be informed that,  our Star performer Robert Lambert, will be missing from the Stars line up, when we play Poole away on June 13th.      Apparently I have heard he is contracted to ride in Denmark that night....

Still Niels should  be back by then,    :t:

Doesn't Danish priority only apply to Danes? I could be wrong but that's logical........oops sorry this is  speedway and logic  doesn't apply:P

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I wonder when the fans will  be informed that,  our Star performer Robert Lambert, will be missing from the Stars line up, when we play Poole away on June 13th.      Apparently I have heard he is contracted to ride in Denmark that night....

Still Niels should  be back by then,    :t:

Cant believe Buster would allow his captain to go missing to ride in Denmark or is this fixture a re-arranged one ? if so then that's  a different matter