British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Cant believe Buster would allow his captain to go missing to ride in Denmark or is this fixture a re-arranged one ? if so then that's  a different matter

But what are the rules.

Uk Prem Speedway supposed to have prioirty on Mon/Thur - DK on Wed - Swe on Tue and the Poles get the rest (or kind of). Those were agreed prior to this season start.

I was the poster who observed this on the Poole site (my team) when I saw the fixture and thought what about NKI and RL who both ride for diff DK teams. I noticed NKI's team were not riding on that night but RL's team were. My observations were COULD NKI be absent due to his injury treatment (or was it an Op for his problem shoulder injury from last season), and cld RL be absent as his DK team should in theory get prioirty as the Speedway powers that be determined DK get priority on a Wed.

I don't know if that rule only applies to Danes BUT if it doesnt then as  said his DK team in theory should have priority, although I know like the Swedes the Danes have a squad system so maybe can cover from elsewhere. But arguably why should they if the powers deemed the good old UK should be flwg what was set.

Not a problem for my team as they did not have riders who had DK clashes as Poole kept to their Wed race night. Having said that Klidnt jut signed but it cld be he is wiling to swap a much smaller less financially lucrative DK arrangement for more meetings in UK where he is also based despite being a Dane. Maybe there will also be some nights when Poole are not racing and DK are so he can juggle both.

Anyway just for clarity but would hope for KL supporters if there was some form of notice if he is riding or not, rather than than day before when these things tend to get released by clubs.

• Like 1

Who Knows Steve, I have long given up on trying to digest Speedway 'rules' in this Country.   I would just say if a Polish Club rode a meeting on an 'off' night for them and one of their riders was programmed to appear  elsewhere...... what would the outcome be ?

Just now, semion said:

Who Knows Steve, I have long given up on trying to digest Speedway 'rules' in this Country.   I would just say if a Polish Club rode a meeting on an 'off' night for them and one of their riders was programmed to appear  elsewhere...... what would the outcome be ?

Sweet Flipping All ( as we all know ).

I'm sorry folks.... But I'm past caring about riders missing for whatever reason.  We are just a minor country when Speedway is concerned.  Those who pay the piper call the tune.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, semion said:

Good question as the Poles think they rule the Speedway World. Well suppose in reality they do.....

But the Poles know how to organise and make sure any meetings take place over a FRI/SAT/SUN in both EXL and Nice 1. They know how to run the sport within the agreed days but let's be honest. They chose those days so the rest have to work around them anyway.

Also if you only have 14 regular League matches plus a max of 4 for the play offs between 7/8th Apr and the play offs in Sept much easier to plan I suppose. That's only half of our League season. In effect they get one more day for half the matches we have.

You are right though. In comparison overall we are probably fourth behind POL EXL/SWE Elite/Pol Nice 1. Fortunately we have the Danes behind us but probably only just....

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

But what are the rules.

Uk Prem Speedway supposed to have prioirty on Mon/Thur

No, it's Monday and Wednesday with Swindon getting special dispensation to ride some meetings on Thursdays.

36 minutes ago, KevH said:

No, it's Monday and Wednesday with Swindon getting special dispensation to ride some meetings on Thursdays.

The agreement with the FIM is that we have priority on Monday and Thursday and Denmark has priority on Wednesday. The fact that the BSPA decide to run on Wednesday, Swindon excepted, doesn't change that agreement. Denmark still has priority on a Wednesday and we have it on Thursday.

• Like 4

And we can't ride Premier League on Thursdays ( Swindon excepted ) because the Championship teams voted against that possibility? Why are these facts not easily found on the BSPA / GB Speedway ( not team ) website for the current season? Why is it all Dark Arts secrets with wild rumours allowed to bedevil the sport and prevent it looking credible?

Scrap the lot go back to basics and only sign riders who can commit to UK for season.

It will reduce costs and hopefully admission prices.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Aces51 said:

The agreement with the FIM is that we have priority on Monday and Thursday and Denmark has priority on Wednesday. The fact that the BSPA decide to run on Wednesday, Swindon excepted, doesn't change that agreement. Denmark still has priority on a Wednesday and we have it on Thursday.

OK fair play, I didn't realise that. What a ridiculous situation!!

50 minutes ago, KevH said:

OK fair play, I didn't realise that. What a ridiculous situation!!

Yes but promotors such as Matt Ford knew season start he had no DK clashes as he didnt use Andersen or Klindt.

KL used NKI and Lambert surely knowing they could lose for some matches if and when meeting clashed (dont forget DK is a smaller league though and they start later). If Chapman has decided to  race Wed and also accepted other clubs fixture lists then he must have approved the possibility of losing some of his riders in such situations.

As for Klindt at Poole then either there is a min fixture clash as he is resigned to start in under 2 weeks or he has agreed with his DK club to give up in favour of Poole as he is based in UK with his family - doesnt have all the commuting costs and gets more meetings in UK which must give him more than his DK earnings ??

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

doesnt have all the commuting costs and gets more meetings in UK which must give him more than his DK earnings ??

From his four meetings to date for Workington this year, he has totalled 13 points which surely can't rival his Danish earnings?

14 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

KL used NKI and Lambert surely knowing they could lose for some matches if and when meeting clashed (dont forget DK is a smaller league though and they start later). If Chapman has decided to  race Wed and also accepted other clubs fixture lists then he must have approved the possibility of losing some of his riders in such situations.

Well, did he know or didn't he? If Buster did know about the clashes for his Danish riders AND Lambert and still went ahead with the signings then he is the fool that his critics claim him to be. If he didn't know, why not? Speedway is such a masonic secret society ( except at the IOW of course ) that we will never know. 

10 hours ago, KevH said:

From his four meetings to date for Workington this year, he has totalled 13 points which surely can't rival his Danish earnings?

Had the pleasure in watching Lakeside Hammer his club last night and he was dire to put it mildly. How this guy can ride a max in POL on Sunday and ride as he did last night is crazy.

However the point is my comments are in ref to what he will  earn at Poole (probably) compared to DK as he wont have all the commuting costs. Remember it was his poor Champ form that got him into Poole last season anyway on what many deemed a bargain av on the points conversion av Champ to Prem.

Bottom line was he couldnt ride the track. Think he will do better at Poole. If not then Poole really do have a problem.