British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

The chances are good that he will ride.  The fact he raced yesterday is a good sign.  The only problem could be if there was any repercussion from that shoulder operation, and he wont know that until after.     If he pulls out of the Poole match through injury,   didn't I read somewhere, he would then have to be absent for 7 days, ( meaning he misses the Rye House match on Monday... )

Cant wait to get back to a FULL TEAM  so we can compete on equal terms........

• Like 1

Robert Lambert new British Champion.Brilliant and well deserved in what is becoming an excellent season for the youngster.Never see any of this coming but he seems to have made great strides already this season:t:

Congratulations to Robert Lambert - 18 point maximum and fully deserved British Champion crown.

Congratulation to Robert on a wonderful victory last night becoming the new British Champion.  so remmonissant of that night in Coventry  back in 1978 when Michael  Lee won  that same coveted crown.   Never thought that night could ever be over shadowed, but last night came really close.    Robert was superb and demonstrated his ability by winning each and every race.  From the gate, or from the back it made no difference. he really was majestic.....

Well done that man........    BRITISH CHAMPION  2018 :   Robert  Lambert......:cheers:

• Thanks 1

From the moment Robert made his National League debut around Saddlebow Road he seemed destined for this. He was, as Webby says, majestic, seeing off the young guns of his own generation and going head to head in superb battling style with the British "veteran" riders. Thank you BT for a stunning broadcast which allowed me to almost "be there" ( as I can no longer attend in person ). That man Bewley is going to share the future with Robert and they will likely form the spearhead of the GB Speedway Team - how lucky we are to look forward to that exciting prospect. With Garrity, Cook and Woffinden WOW!

• Like 1

We should savour these days in the same way we did when we had Nicki. They may not last for ever and he may regrettably move on but in years to come we will look back with a buzz. Have to be proud of the lad. To think there were people saying he would have to leave lynn to progress!!!! Funny. This guy has it!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 4:56 PM, KevH said:

OK fair play, I didn't realise that. What a ridiculous situation!!

I think British Speedway got it right! Only Swindon would have to move from a Thursday (if they were forced too), but Poole, King's Lynn, Redcar, Sheffield & Ipswich would be have to move their race nights if Prem was Mon & Thurs! I think putting 5 British teams above a handful of Danish riders is the right thing to do for British Speedway!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I think British Speedway got it right! Only Swindon would have to move from a Thursday (if they were forced too), but Poole, King's Lynn, Redcar, Sheffield & Ipswich would be have to move their race nights if Prem was Mon & Thurs! I think putting 5 British teams above a handful of Danish riders is the right thing to do for British Speedway!

Lynn used Thursdays last year so no problem for us ........ but Buster owns the stadium so it’s a different situation.

It's all Busters.Theres not many that can do as they like. Buster is one of them......

Buster harangued the other promoters for many years before they gave him The Power as BSPA Chairman. They did it then because they already knew that UK speedway was very likely going down the pan and believed that a radical approach  might just save the sport, But Dictators have a strange way of destroying everything around them because of their inability to listen or draw on other competent people ( other than Yes Men or Women ). No - one is always right as we have seen by the decline in UK speedway since Buster took over as our Glorious Leader. It certainly is not all his fault, but his "way" has speeded up the crumbling process. Too many dead ends and poorly thought through ideas.

Take next Monday, only the Return of the Hero might bring in a decent crowd when it's on against an England match in the football World Cup.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

17 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree.  The top league has always shafted the second tier.  In 1991 4 teams were encouraged up with help promised. It killed Wimbledon , bankrupt Berwick. 

Then almagamation came along but the top tier wouldn’t share the top riders around so the rich were rich and the poor got poorer. Resulting in huge financial problems for Glasgow/Edinburgh Middlesbrough and others. It could have worked and provided a full and varied fixture list if it wasn’t for self interest. 

Birmingham were tempted up followed by Somerset and rye house and the rockets gates have halved. 

We can learn from history and I guess Ipswich Sheffield and Redcar are correct to protect their race night

• Like 1

There is something in what you say about when the leagues amalgamated but there are many and varied reasons why some of those clubs who moved up found themselves in difficulties. Berwick's problems were due mainly to the then owner. Somerset and King's Lynn seem to be content to stay in the PL and the problems at Rye House are down to having to change their race night because of the FNR.

Yes, Ipswich, Redcar and Sheffield were asked to change their race night and refused but let's not forget that FNR wasn't just for the benefit of the PL. It was done mainly to resolve the problem of missing doubling up riders and the CL stood to gain as much from that at the PL. As it now stands the CL are, subject to the SCB rules, enjoying the benefits of having their doubling up riders available and paying none of the price, which falls entirely on the PL having to race on Wednesday's when Denmark has priority.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

There has been some suggestion on here that fans with strong views on how their local club is run might be banned. I have never been offensive and have offered many more constructive comments than critical ones. It would not make much difference if I was banned by King's Lynn Speedway because I no longer care much if I go or not. I went last Monday to embrace my current Hero Robert Lambert and get a photo with him and the British Champion's trophy. Is that the action of a speedway supporter who doesn't care? Three years ago I cared desperately that Robert would stay on with the Stars, having watched him start in the National League. But the decisions taken by the promotion over the past few years have sadly dulled my enthusiasm for the club. Their apparent lack of interest in and involvement with the fans has seen many others walk away as well. I still have my Supporters Club membership card from 1968 and that prompted me to re-join 50 years on, perhaps as a kind of farewell. Rock On Ruthless, wherever you may ride in the future, I'll be cheering as usual.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

There has been some suggestion on here that fans with strong views on how their local club is run might be banned. I have never been offensive and have offered many more constructive comments than critical ones. It would not make much difference if I was banned by King's Lynn Speedway because I no longer care much if I go or not. I went last Monday to embrace my current Hero Robert Lambert and get a photo with him and the British Champion's trophy. Is that the action of a speedway supporter who doesn't care? Three years ago I cared desperately that Robert would stay on with the Stars, having watched him start in the National League. But the decisions taken by the promotion over the past few years have sadly dulled my enthusiasm for the club. Their apparent lack of interest in and involvement with the fans has seen many others walk away as well. I still have my Supporters Club membership card from 1968 and that prompted me to re-join 50 years on, perhaps as a kind of farewell. Rock On Ruthless, wherever you may ride in the future, I'll be cheering as usual.

Where's this idea of banning fans of the opposite opinion come from?

Who's the insider to issue that threat?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

No club is perfect, yes enthusiasm had waned somewhat, but this year surely nobody can knock what Robin Brundle has brought to the club, he’s done things his way to get the riders in the right place to perform at their best, we have extra entertainment in the “hot laps”, he and Dale have encouraged the riders to do winners laps (the rest is up to us!), the riders are attending the press conference after meetings and the floor is open to questions from the fans (and not one comes forward, they must be happy :D).  From the Supporters Club point of view our members are now allowed to  go on the track walk with the manager and riders, watch heats from the centre and choose their Rider of the Night with everything that goes with these opportunities.  Surely the rest is up to us fans, I note that Norwich City fan clubs are now asking for money to buy flags, noise makers and banners to enhance the atmosphere at the football but at the end of the day it’s up to the fans to go to matches/meetings with the right attitude, just like they do big meetings such as Cardiff, to want to enjoy their night, support their team and fav rider, if they walk in the gate feeling negative they sure as hell won’t enjoy it.