British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

12 minutes ago, Trees said:

No club is perfect, yes enthusiasm had waned somewhat, but this year surely nobody can knock what Robin Brundle has brought to the club, he’s done things his way to get the riders in the right place to perform at their best, we have extra entertainment in the “hot laps”, he and Dale have encouraged the riders to do winners laps (the rest is up to us!), the riders are attending the press conference after meetings and the floor is open to questions from the fans (and not one comes forward, they must be happy :D).  From the Supporters Club point of view our members are now allowed to  go on the track walk with the manager and riders, watch heats from the centre and choose their Rider of the Night with everything that goes with these opportunities.  Surely the rest is up to us fans, I note that Norwich City fan clubs are now asking for money to buy flags, noise makers and banners to enhance the atmosphere at the football but at the end of the day it’s up to the fans to go to matches/meetings with the right attitude, just like they do big meetings such as Cardiff, to want to enjoy their night, support their team and fav rider, if they walk in the gate feeling negative they sure as hell won’t enjoy it.

One of the biggest gripes of the fans is the clubs lack of communication building up to meetings. This still hasn't been corrected.

Conference at the end of meetings is all well and good but most don't want to hang around with work / school the next day.

As what Robin Brundle has added, that should be seen in results but we sit bottom, 6 points of top 4 with no meetings in hand on 4th. Also we haven't had a full 7 for weeks so all this training lark is pointless and a nonsense.

We know how strong we can perform with our full 1-7. The question remains on how often will they all ride together?

The club needs to stop the lies that Denmark won't interfere. Just be straight up and honest about the challenges ahead with the supporters. Should never promise that rider's won't be missing any more meetings, that's just nonsense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The club needs to stop the lies that Denmark won't interfere. Just be straight up and honest about the challenges ahead with the supporters. Should never promise that rider's won't be missing any more meetings, that's just nonsense. 

Just be straight up and honest please, rather than defensive and implying everything in the garden is rosy. I haven't' gone this year ( before last Monday) because of there not being a full team.

15 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

One of the biggest gripes of the fans is the clubs lack of communication building up to meetings. This still hasn't been corrected.

Conference at the end of meetings is all well and good but most don't want to hang around with work / school the next day.

As what Robin Brundle has added, that should be seen in results but we sit bottom, 6 points of top 4 with no meetings in hand on 4th. Also we haven't had a full 7 for weeks so all this training lark is pointless and a nonsense.

We know how strong we can perform with our full 1-7. The question remains on how often will they all ride together?

Spot on post 100% correct . 

Although I'm a positive, glass half full chap it's difficult to disagree with almost all of the negative viewpoints this forum throws up from fellow Stars supporters.....I'd really like to see some kind of dialogue between somebody at the club and those people who are losing or have lost faith in the way it is run. All posting on here does it let off steam, it doesn't really deliver the message to where it needs to go and I don't think social media is enough either. Some kind of action group which physically meets up with the promotion would help the situation we appear to have now, I wonder if this is something that the supporters club could arrange? I don't think everybody is ever going to agree but an honesty session without some of the nastiness that forums and social media can manifest can only do good.

• Like 3

Well said Bagpuss.

If something isn't done to stop the rot, there will come a time when there will be no club to support or moan about.

Ive gone from a rabid every home and 95% of away meetings to not even looking to see the score in the evening in under 10 years. it's all very well Brundle bringing in these new features, and I applaud it wholeheartedly, but without addressing the lack of trust the fans have in the club things will only get worse. I doubt I will ever become a regular again, it will have to be something very special to even get me back thro Saddlebow Roads turnstiles again but I would hate to see the club die.

Lots of issues are not specifically Lynn's fault, FRNs, stupid rules etc BUT the club has to start treating the fans they have left with respect. tell them the truth! don't try and polish a turd with what they think fans want to hear. The time for that went away with the advent of social media. Fans now demand the truth and the club needs to recognise it. Unless and until they do the slope IMHO is downhill. 

Lordy its ages since I had a good rant :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Although I'm a positive, glass half full chap it's difficult to disagree with almost all of the negative viewpoints this forum throws up from fellow Stars supporters.....I'd really like to see some kind of dialogue between somebody at the club and those people who are losing or have lost faith in the way it is run. All posting on here does it let off steam, it doesn't really deliver the message to where it needs to go and I don't think social media is enough either. Some kind of action group which physically meets up with the promotion would help the situation we appear to have now, I wonder if this is something that the supporters club could arrange? I don't think everybody is ever going to agree but an honesty session without some of the nastiness that forums and social media can manifest can only do good.

I’ve walked away basically it’s the only real way to get speedway not just Kings Lynn speedway to take notice my cash stays firmly in my pocket and it will till things change or attitudes change  - social media if you raise a question that is anything other than towing the clubs line you are blocked straight away - I really do think I’m KL case it’s Busters way only so to get a group of fans to meet the promotion I think is more or less a waste of time - great idea but I doubt much would come out of it . I’m coming up to a full calendar year since I last attended a meeting at Kings Lynn and I’m far from alone on that one I can name several long term fans that have walked away over the last 18 months  . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

it will have to be something very special to even get me back thro Saddlebow Roads turnstiles again but I would hate to see the club die.

Of course, I too don't want to see KLS die, I followed the Stars at Norwich before KLS opened but there is currently much wrong with speedway, and at King's Lynn, which fans could have a constructive input to. One main reason I retired to King's Lynn was to not have to travel to see the Stars ride. But I was young and foolish then!

58 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

.I'd really like to see some kind of dialogue between somebody at the club and those people who are losing or have lost faith in the way it is run.

I have advocated that on here and emailed the suggestion - politely - to the club in the past and of course received no answer. I would love to join a group of fans who have concerns ( NOT to rant and rave ) but the impression is that Buster is not open to the idea. Why doesn't Robin Brundle meet with fans who have concerns, if Buster does not feel able to?

• Like 3

We've seen what Buster thinks of fans already with his appalling behaviour towards the NSSC a few weeks back. Even getting a lackey to cancel the appointment by phone with no reason or apology.

Robin Brundle is just a puppet at Kings Lynn. Did anyone really think Buster would change his dictatorship ways ?  Even his own flesh n blood couldn’t turn him around so what chance has an outsider like Brundle ?

Its either Busters way or the Highway, as he knows best.

You only have to look at the p155 poor job he has made of the Chairmanship of the BSPA to see what he can offer to Kings Lynn Speedway these days.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Robin Brundle is just a puppet at Kings Lynn. Did anyone really think Buster would change his dictatorship ways ?  Even his own flesh n blood couldn’t turn him around so what chance has an outsider like Brundle ?

Its either Busters way or the Highway, as he knows best.

You only have to look at the p155 poor job he has made of the Chairmanship of the BSPA to see what he can offer to Kings Lynn Speedway these days.

While you are correct this isn't like you, usually pretty positive and tell me to wind it in?!?

What's hit your nerve??

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Of course, I too don't want to see KLS die, I followed the Stars at Norwich before KLS opened but there is currently much wrong with speedway, and at King's Lynn, which fans could have a constructive input to. One main reason I retired to King's Lynn was to not have to travel to see the Stars ride. But I was young and foolish then!

I have advocated that on here and emailed the suggestion - politely - to the club in the past and of course received no answer. I would love to join a group of fans who have concerns ( NOT to rant and rave ) but the impression is that Buster is not open to the idea. Why doesn't Robin Brundle meet with fans who have concerns, if Buster does not feel able to?

Robin and Dale ask the fans at every press conference for questions, at every pre season meeting etc. 

I guess what you all want to know is how everything is done behind the scenes, how decisions are made, why decisions are made etc. It's easy to criticise, very easy on here when we don't have all the facts. I'm not sure that we are representative of all Stars fans though as the majority of those posting on here just don't go to Lynn, don't want to go, have got out of the habit, don't enjoy the sport anymore, or rather not enough, to go, I have a husband at home who feels the same. He first went as a kid and finished going in the naughties and that was it. Maybe some of you just need to concede that that is how you feel and enjoy your life without speedway? You will never feel the same about it again, it cannot fulfil you, the pressures of the current promoters annoy you so much that you have to wash your hands of it. Remember the good times eh..... when you loved speedway and it gave you the buzz it still gives lots of us...... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trees said:

Robin and Dale ask the fans at every press conference for questions, at every pre season meeting etc. 

I guess what you all want to know is how everything is done behind the scenes, how decisions are made, why decisions are made etc. It's easy to criticise, very easy on here when we don't have all the facts. I'm not sure that we are representative of all Stars fans though as the majority of those posting on here just don't go to Lynn, don't want to go, have got out of the habit, don't enjoy the sport anymore, or rather not enough, to go, I have a husband at home who feels the same. He first went as a kid and finished going in the naughties and that was it. Maybe some of you just need to concede that that is how you feel and enjoy your life without speedway? You will never feel the same about it again, it cannot fulfil you, the pressures of the current promoters annoy you so much that you have to wash your hands of it. Remember the good times eh..... when you loved speedway and it gave you the buzz it still gives lots of us...... 

At the same time, just imagine how sad and upset you'll feel if the club closes because of the ever dwindling crowds.

Just think about that for a moment and who would you blame? 

Remember the feelings of a few years ago when the club closed for a year and couldn't see a way back??

While we're all disappearing and no replacements filling our spots in the stand as you look around.

Who will YOU blame?!?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trees said:

With respect Trees, asking fans who attend the press conferences is not the answer. Those fans are, like yourself, diehards who quite frankly would believe the moon was made of cheese if the Lynn management said so. They are not the people the management have to convince. It's the lapsed fans, those than only go occasionally, the ones who have never been. The diehards, are getting fewer as each season passes and unless something is done to stop the rot, in time they will have nothing to cling on to.

If you are happy with that situation, fine but as I said I would hate to see the club die. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

At the same time, just imagine how sad and upset you'll feel if the club closes because of the ever dwindling crowds.

Just think about that for a moment and who would you blame? 

Remember the feelings of a few years ago when the club closed for a year and couldn't see a way back??

While we're all disappearing and no replacements filling our spots in the stand as you look around.

Who will YOU blame?!?

Top post and absolutely right 

27 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

With respect Trees, asking fans who attend the press conferences is not the answer. Those fans are, like yourself, diehards who quite frankly would believe the moon was made of cheese if the Lynn management said so. They are not the people the management have to convince. It's the lapsed fans, those than only go occasionally, the ones who have never been. The diehards, are getting fewer as each season passes and unless something is done to stop the rot, in time they will have nothing to cling on to.

If you are happy with that situation, fine but as I said I would hate to see the club die. 

Again a top post and absolutely right